UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Totally rampant speculation: Who would go in an Original Sin box set?

Lobsterman

So the next big Marvel event after Infinity was Original Sin. If DST did a four-pack, or if there were a TRU fan poll with six potential slots, who would go in it? The heavy hitters – Cap, Thor, IM, Wolverine, Spidey – played pretty minor parts in this story, and none of them had particularly unique or special looks like Space Armor Cap and Hulk. So any of them would just be like "Cap's in it because SHUT THE HELL UP IS WHY." There's potential for lots of interesting b-list characters from the series.

Orb – C'mon, they already have the round head from Mysterio. This could be the z-list, never-thought-it-woud-happen guy to make fans happy.

Black Panther – In need of an update, has a movie coming out. I'd kind of like to see a BP with a non-slipover mask with sculpted cat ears.

Doctor Strange – Also could use a new costume update, also has a movie coming out.

Ant Man – Has a movie coming out, but this series has his FF costume rather than his newer one that looks more like the movie. I don't know if that would make a difference.

Bucky – I don't know if he still has a place in the cinematic universe as a tie-in. His OS look isn't really much different than the one we got in wave 54. I guess you could put the space armor harness on him?

Uatu – would be amaze-balls. Maybe a waist riser under his tunic, and a 3" oversized head.

The fact that DST already missed the boat with this one aside, I would have loved to get an Uatu in a set like this, especially with your suggestions. However, I think he would have been viewed as the Z-lister never-thought-it-would-happen guy to make fans happy. Maybe an alternate head with a gunshot wound?

The boxset I would have expected:

Uatu

Nick Fury

Bucky

Captain America

as much as I would like a Panther update, similar to your suggestions, I don't think he'd be a big enough name to sell a boxset.

the way the story was setup, it would have made for a good theme wave, since you could pair up the different investigative teams.

Moon Knight/Gamora

Punisher/Doctor Strange

etc

It's become the norm for DST to make mates based off the previous year's event, and seeing as Chuck heavily hinted at a Watcher minimate on an Ask DST (posted in the previous OS speculation thread), I'm sure we'll be gettting some OS mates. Now, the 6 I could see getting in there:

-Ord: Z-Lister, no chances of getting made, plus, a pretty big role in the story.

-Uatu: Well, he kinda was the star of it.

-Doctor Strange: Needs an update, is getting a movie next year.

-Black Panther: Needs an update, is getting a movie.

-Old Man Fury or Bucky: Main Character(s)

-Moon Knight: New costume, has a comic, a movie has been hinted at, the c-lister

As for the rest, Gamora and Emma without the rest of their teams would make no sense, and I'm guessing we'll eventually see both the UXM-Men and the new GotG. Ant-Man had his FF costume during th story and he already has a new one, so I don't see him being included. Midas and Oubliette are far, far, FAR too obscure to be included.

Give me an Uatu (preferably with eyes!) and I'll be happy. If we don't get him in some kind of tie-in to this, I fear we may never.

I think Jedi's line-up is the most logical although maybe Gamora could use her new-found movie star status to replace Fury, since even though he was major to the story there was an update of him not long ago in the AoU set.

Would be nice to see an Orb but if it's a choice between him and Uatu, then for me it's Uatu every time. I don't see TRU doing a set without at least two A-listers though so if (bif if!) this happens I still expect to see a couple of slots going to wolverine, cap, iron man etc.

If we do see Uatu outside this it'll be because Marvel decided that the "Stan Lee is the Watcher in marvel movies" theory is true. Which I so hope they do.

DST just needs to do this. Tampo a regular-sized noggin that looks suspiciously like Stan "The Man" and slip an over-sized Uatu headpiece over it. Don't even call it out. Just make it an Easter egg.

I just don't see Orb making it into a boxset sold at retail.

At retail, name recognition is everything and there is already one major character that must be in the set that nobody at retail would recognize: Uatu.

For the other three spots, you have to remember that there is a big difference between "HAS a movie" and "will have a movie"

I haven't read the book yet, so speculation from me would be pointless. And yet... here I type. The Panther/Strange/Watcher/Orb lineup is fine with me, though it is lacking in a heavy hitter. Panther, actually, is my #1 vote for "Minimate most in need of an update".

Oh, and I wanted to post this:

Orignal_Sin_3_Adams_Variant.jpg

Because it's by Art Adams and every thread should have an Art Adams pic if possible.

So I was paging through this book at lunch to day (looks like a pretty good read), and it seems to me like you'd really need two sets to do this right. Most of the main characters in the story don't appear to be big guns, so you'd need to balance them out with the likes of Cap and Thor. I think you'd definitely need the Watcher and Nick Fury. Probably also the Orb, Midas and Exterminatrix. None of those guys is going to sell many toys, though. You could drop Midas though, I guess. Include Doc Strange and the Black Panther. Maybe Winter Soldier instead of one of them. So we've got:

Set 1:

-The Watcher

-Exterminatrix

-Winter Soldier

-Thor

Set 2:

-Nick Fury

-Winter Soldier (maybe with a

bloody Fury head

accessory?)

-Black Panther

-Cap