UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only have 1 customer service agent, so accounting for days off and other duties, it might take some time. she's really helpful though.

She really is. smile.png

Just got my set and I must say the quality of this wave is abysmal.

Apart from almost everything covered in sticky gunk from the tray tape, so many pieces were fused together. I'm amazed I didn't break half of the pieces, although there's a little paint damage from where they were fused.

As a veteran of this, no biggie... but if I was a new customer, i wouldn't purchase Minimates again.

Zach... are you sure there isn't a second factory!?

As a veteran of this, no biggie... but if I was a new customer, i wouldn't purchase Minimates again.

Maybe we (serious minimate fans) are part of the problem? I know in the past 12 months I've had more minimates with quality problems that made them not displayable than I've had the previous 10 years of collecting minimates. It's among the things that's made me purchase less this year, but I know I wouldn't be near this tolerant with any other company.

- Iron Man's helmet will not come off for me. I'll have to fidget with it some more.

Just wanted to add that Iron Man's helmet required no extra fidgeting. I just let it air out for a couple days and it slipped right off. No freezing or boiling, I just let it sit out in room temperature.

And I'd rather deal with tape residue (so long as it doesn't compromise the tampos) than missing accessories.

I've only had a problem getting a mask off once in my entire run of collecting these from Series 1, but I don't want to dismiss those who have had problems. I wish I had a secret to share. Maybe room temperature does help, I usually display mine for a few days before I really start switching them around.

Last night I finally managed to get Falcap's hands and cuffs off only to find that the wing with shield peg is too small to fit on his arm. Boiling it should work, but the amount of work I've had to put into this figure... frustrating.

Last night I finally managed to get Falcap's hands and cuffs off only to find that the wing with shield peg is too small to fit on his arm. Boiling it should work, but the amount of work I've had to put into this figure... frustrating.

mine seemed small also, I just worked it on. Took a bit of time

Not like I'm ever taking it back off

believe me, cutting down the back of the mask was not my go to. i tried using my finger nails (which are not long), a thumb tack, a paper clip... nothing worked because the head would just pop off the peg. i did discover on Star-Lord, tho, that the head hole for the peg goes all the way thru. holding on to the very edge of his mask, i was able to slip a paper clip up thru the hole and pop it off of the head. this did not work for Iron Man, though.

Finally picked up the Hobgoblin and Carnage pack. I am EXTREMLEY glad I did. I was torn between this pack and The Falcap/Ronsluaght pack.

I wasn't very excited for the Carnage, but once I had him in hand, I was very pleased.

Also, I want to note that NONE of the tampo came of with the tape, which I was worried about thanks to you guys ;)

Definatly one of, if not THE stand out pack

(/)

Five bananas outta five

The design is actually based on the Clayton Crain "redesign" from a few years back. During AXIS the design was inconsistent, with him appearing like this in a few issues and with his classic look in others. All in all, this is just modern Carnage, as his "hero" tenure didn't give him a new costume.

Yeah the Carnage was unnecessary beings we got a perfect one from the Luke box set

I felt the same way at first until I read his bio and realized this is a totally different character. And his look is different enough for me to accept him.

Would I rather have another character like Kraven? Oh, yes. But I'm sure this one was more cost effective from the perspective of a first assortment.