UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

Overall a nice wave, but the qc issues suk. Quite a few stuck parts to render all of those mix n match parts useless for those that don't know about boil/pop methods. The paint apps were a bit sloppy on my FalCap, but nothing too serious. Not a deal breaker. I was expecting to like FalCap best, but I think Sabertooth and Red Skull are my favorites of the bunch. The decision to include Kluh in this line up is still baffling. A stupid character that was not interestring at all. A wasted opportunity to get a better character. Here's a hint, DST, if three character bios mention the importance of another character, maybe that character is important to the story. Maybe that character should get made. Just a thought.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall a nice wave, but the qc issues suk. Quite a few stuck parts to render all of those mix n match parts useless for those that don't know about boil/pop methods. The paint apps were a bit sloppy on my FalCap, but nothing too serious. Not a deal breaker. I was expecting to like FalCap best, but I think Sabertooth and Red Skull are my favorites of the bunch. The decision to include Kluh in this line up is still baffling. A stupid character that was not interestring at all. A wasted opportunity to get a better character. Here's a hint, DST, if three character bios mention the importance of another character, maybe that character is important to the story. Maybe that character should get made. Just a thought.

Yeah, I agree on Kluh as well. I haven't received my mates yet so for all I know I may end up loving the mate, but I simply don't like the character. Magneto, Loki, Enchantress, heck, even Doom would've been better choices.

Either way though, from the pics I've seen this looks like it's going to be my "Best Wave" choice in this year's awards.

PS: I still wish Sabes had gotten a sculpted chest.

I've only opened the Fal-Cap set so far. Red Onslaught is amazing as is, the colors are wonderful and his face tampo is great. But the fact that you can make Red Skull is amazing, Kudos Dst. My Fal-Cap is great from the neck down. The head looks like it has a decal around it because the top and bottom have extra plastic hanging off, I've never seen it so bad. It's not as noticeable with his mask on, I just tell myself it's scruff. Here's how he came in the box

image_zpsqqard0re.jpg

Fortunately for me, the mask was only kinda stuck on. Just looking at the others in the set I noticed my Sup. IM has bad eye tampos and his alternate hairpiece is warped, I'm going to have to get another because he was my most anticipated of the group.

I'm happy to have KLUH, now Composite Hulk has someone to fight.

I can understand not wanting to buy doubles for monetary reasons, but I try to always buy a double if a character has an alternate look, hopefully that will encourage DST to continue the practice. In terms of a good stand in, I would think almost anyone would work, the armor covers up so much of the body inside.

I'm curious, a lot of people seem to want a double for Red Onslaught and regular Onslaught, is the regular version any different at all from the wave 50 version?

The red skull underneath the onslaught armor is superb, I know most buy doubles, but curious, is anyone going to fill the armor with an existing mate? And if so, who is your choice? I'm on the fence about getting another set, or popping someone else underneath.

I'm thinking of digging through my extras for a simple black body to put under the Onslaught armor. Or if I can find a red one that matches the armor color that would be even better.

The red skull underneath the onslaught armor is superb, I know most buy doubles, but curious, is anyone going to fill the armor with an existing mate? And if so, who is your choice? I'm on the fence about getting another set, or popping someone else underneath.

I Used the darkest mates I could find

I think I used invisible woman's arms, and space captain America's legs. I think I used comic dofp wolverines torso

image_zpsqqard0re.jpg

Was the face on under the masks? Or did they not put the face on at all?

I've only opened the Fal-Cap set so far. Red Onslaught is amazing as is, the colors are wonderful and his face tampo is great. But the fact that you can make Red Skull is amazing, Kudos Dst. My Fal-Cap is great from the neck down. The head looks like it has a decal around it because the top and bottom have extra plastic hanging off, I've never seen it so bad. It's not as noticeable with his mask on, I just tell myself it's scruff. Here's how he came in the box

image_zpsqqard0re.jpg

Fortunately for me, the mask was only kinda stuck on. Just looking at the others in the set I noticed my Sup. IM has bad eye tampos and his alternate hairpiece is warped, I'm going to have to get another because he was my most anticipated of the group.

I'm happy to have KLUH, now Composite Hulk has someone to fight.

His head looks like it's made of frosting.

Great. Now I want cupcakes.

A few quality problems with my set. The biggest one is Sabretooth's belt is so warped there's a gap between the torso and waist:

Uncanny%20Sabretooth_zpsfwirfl29.jpg

It's not visible in the picture but the gap is big enough you can actually see daylight through it. There's also a circular raised flaw in the plastic on the left chest that's easier to see in person. Both Sabretooth and Falcon have stray paint marks on their backs like they were hit with a wet paintbrush. And, like everyone else, Falcon's mask has pretty sloppy painting. Helmets/masks were tight but still removable without resorting to the freezer. The rest are free of any problems.

Kluh looks much less ridiculous if you sub a black hairpiece (without painted ears) for the white mohawk. It's not accurate but at least he has a chance of fitting in a display now.

Hobgoblin's alternate head makes me want a Vermin minimate.

A few quality problems with my set. The biggest one is Sabretooth's belt is so warped there's a gap between the torso and waist:

Uncanny%20Sabretooth_zpsfwirfl29.jpg

It's not visible in the picture but the gap is big enough you can actually see daylight through it. There's also a circular raised flaw in the plastic on the left chest that's easier to see in person. Both Sabretooth and Falcon have stray paint marks on their backs like they were hit with a wet paintbrush. And, like everyone else, Falcon's mask has pretty sloppy painting. Helmets/masks were tight but still removable without resorting to the freezer. The rest are free of any problems.

Kluh looks much less ridiculous if you sub a black hairpiece (without painted ears) for the white mohawk. It's not accurate but at least he has a chance of fitting in a display now.

Hobgoblin's alternate head makes me want a Vermin minimate.

thought i was the only one who had a problem with the belt

If you have any pictures in which actual problems are visible, you can send them to customer service, but I wouldn't send that one. He looks pretty good to me.

Trying to remember who I mentioned three times in bios. Magneto? We've made a bunch of Magnetos. Not sure a new Magneto is more crucial than any of the modernized characters we made, and I think the characters we chose were the ones that changed the most -- visually or emotionally -- over the course of the storyline (except Cap, who changed just before, and Apocalypse, who simply needed a re-do).

If you just want a white Magneto, he may still happen, but I recently remembered that we actually made a white Magneto once...

fig1341flg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

Magneto it was. I'm aware of that Magneto, but it's not the same. Because I don't "just want a white Magneto." I want an accurate modern Magneto. I think every other character was a good a choice, but Kluh, imo, was not interesting visually and was pretty lame. (Worth pointing out that DST has made a bunch of Hulks too. Heck, I just got two brand spanking new ones in a separate package.) At any rate, Kluh is lame, but even so, I have a minimate of him. I'm done beating that horse now.

Our tastes must differ. But my dislike for Kluh aside, I enjoy this wave and can live with the minor qc issues. I honestly wouldn't mind if DST were to resist the story line again later. Wasn't the best story, but it makes for some fun minimate pairings.

A modern Magneto, along with Cyclops, Magik and Emma Frost, would be greatly appreciated...

Word.

I've actually been thinking of turning it into a Batman or Lex Luthor armor. Or possibly just a repainted generic space armor for noone in particular.

My only problem with the character design of Kluh is that white mohawk. I guess it's supposed to be edgy but I can't help picturing this beast sitting in Storm's hair salon just before a good rage. "Strip that color out but don't damage it too much. I need to keep the length. I'm going on a major tantrum for brunch and I need to stand out for the paparazzi."

I did try putting the Abomination's headpiece on Kluh's noggin and while the colors didn't match, it wasn't terrible.

We really do need a bulked up Abomination.