UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Skull has a full "Uncanny Avengers"-style outfit underneath, with coat and Cosmic Cube.

Hobgoblin has T-shirt chest block, unmasked head and glider.

Iron Man has an alternate open mask. No apple logo, I'm sure.

Cap has an unmasked hairpiece.

Carnage has a partially un-symbioted Cletus head.

I'm sure Apocalypse's hoses will be flexible, but we're still in the prototype stage. I don't have a sample or anything.

I'm pretty sure that The Hobgoblin/Carnage & Red Onslaught will be the most accessory heavy sets

Hey Zach, will Red Onslaught be getting the flat-paint treatment or will he be sharing the same shiny paint applications the original Onslaught 'mate got?

Really cool looking wave, definitely looking forward to it. Been waiting for a new Hobgoblin since I started collecting, with he and Apocalypse the rest is just icing on the cake. Both look great.

Not up to date with my reading so I know nothing about Falcap but he looks amazingly awesome.. feel like he will blow people away once taken out of the box. Carnage is a little unnecessary but really sharp. Glad Red Skull has an alternate look, already have Onslaught. Kinda numb on Iron Mans there have been so many at this point, but the white is unique. Don't know what a Kluh is but I'll take most everything Hulk-related. Sabretooth is the only one that doesn't grab me at all but that's okay, glad to see comic mates.

I didn't read the comics but really liked the wave! I'm planning get only the falcon/red onslaught set but I confess I'll read the issues just because the figures. If I liked maybe I'll buy the while set.

The Capfalcon visual is amazing and my plan I'll be using the Red Skull visual with the trenchcoat and replace the stump piece for the Cosmic Cube habd from the Skull-Zola.

Edited by Gregio

Zach... What are the odds that the red on THIS Carnage matches the red on Luke's Carnage?

I'd say slim, as this is obviously based on the hyper-realistic Clayton Crain Carnage (Minimum Carnage, Carnage USA), which has been the go-to Carnage for a couple of years. It has a more shiny, "organic" look than the previous matte Carnage.

Really cool looking wave, definitely looking forward to it. Been waiting for a new Hobgoblin since I started collecting, with he and Apocalypse the rest is just icing on the cake. Both look great.

Not up to date with my reading so I know nothing about Falcap but he looks amazingly awesome.. feel like he will blow people away once taken out of the box. Carnage is a little unnecessary but really sharp. Glad Red Skull has an alternate look, already have Onslaught. Kinda numb on Iron Mans there have been so many at this point, but the white is unique. Don't know what a Kluh is but I'll take most everything Hulk-related. Sabretooth is the only one that doesn't grab me at all but that's okay, glad to see comic mates.

Apparently, Steve Rogers lost the super-soldier serum in his blood and became an aged old man (his mind's still sharp though) so Falcon became his successor. Just as his superhero career as the new Cap was about to begin, AXIS hit, his mind was inverted and he became a "villain." He got better though, the only characters that remained inverted were Tony, Sabretooth and Havok.

I honestly think Sabretooth's slot could've been filled by almost anyone else. Unworthy Thor, a Marvel NOW! Loki and Zenpool would've made for great Minimates. Still though, this wave looks, as always, excellent.

Zach... What are the odds that the red on THIS Carnage matches the red on Luke's Carnage?

I'd say slim, as this is obviously based on the hyper-realistic Clayton Crain Carnage (Minimum Carnage, Carnage USA), which has been the go-to Carnage for a couple of years. It has a more shiny, "organic" look than the previous matte Carnage.

Probably right. I was hoping to leg swap.

Probably right. I was hoping to leg swap.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the robot legs showing either but at least the red's really dark so they're not really visible.

The fig isn't coming with a second set of legs?

Kosti are you going to try to make an Urich goblin?

No, I don't think so, he's getting an extra head though.

Maybe. I had an idea of using that Megabloks AC Flying Machine for the wings, and with a bit of paint it can surely work. It's just that I have around 50 figs (either partially completed or not painted at all) in my backlog, so I'm not sure when I'll do him.

I like Skull's alternate look enough that I'll probably track down him and Falcap when these are released. Though he's definitely getting an actual hand in place of the stump.

Pretty sure he'll come with a hand, with a cube.

Not sure, I'd buy six of Luke's set and check. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...