UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

I love me some X-Men, but also wish we got more genuinely "classic" designs, to my eyes anyway, over more throwbacks to the 1990s. Still missing classic Sunfire, Banshee, Rogue, updates of various Cockrum designed team members, no Jean Grey with the green dress, no Starjammers or Lilandra, no Mastermind, no Arcade, no Mesmero, no Black Tom, no Mimic, no Proteus, etc. etc. On the other hand, we did get a DOFP set and are getting Brotherhood figures, so I feel I shouldn't be complaining too much. And I'm surely happy for Nessex, getting some more '90s inspired figures!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know it's easy to harp on who we don't have, but think of who we do how and how amazing they all are. Zach said we don't get as many comic Avengers because of how many movie mates are made. personally, i don't buy movie mates. i am curious whether/how much movie mates sell vs comic book mates though. i grew up on the X-Men, and sure there are a lot of villains that could still be made, but the team itself is pretty damn close to being complete, especially with Luke's sticker sets coming with wave 60 (which I, for one, CANNOT WAIT FOR!!!). so as an X-Men fan, i'm really happy with what's been made. yeah yeah i want Mojo, I want Spiral, I want Gen X mates... and if 62 were to be the last wave before mates were cancelled, i'd be bummed i didn't get those characters, but i'd still be tickled pink about the characters i did get. i never woulda thought i'd get 3 Jubilee's (hoping for a 4th in her current black vampire suit and pink collar, with Shogo in his backpack. really, all the women who have been on that team since issue 1 have pretty nice current looks that i'd be happy to use to update my Uncanny display, Omega Sentinel being the exception. i want Sentinel Omega Sentinel), but here we are on Jubilee #3 coming out next month. and Banshee, too. so sweet.

as far as Avengers go... i only got into them as recently as the 1st issue of New Avengers. i haven't read any of the 80s stuff. that said, i'd still love a classic Tigra, Jack of Hearts, Mockingbird (if she's not the variant in a wave with her current and 70s looks... wtf?), Black Knight, Crystal, uh... Firestar, Justice... uhh... like i said, i haven't read any of the older stuff. but make the mates, and i'll buy them. i'd also like a modern Captain Marvel, Spider Woman (her up coming costume), Wasp, Young Avengers, Doctor Strange in his current black and red robes, cuz i think that's a boss costume... i'm not sure why people complain about mates being made of looks that aren't going to stick, or be around long. uh... how many minimates do we have of characters that are still wearing those same costumes in the comics today? like, none. because costumes change. these aren't characters like Superman, Wonder Woman or Batman whose looks never really change that much or for too long. costumes and styles are constantly changing at Marvel. and everyone is going to have a favorite look. so if FalCap gets in the way of a new Captain (or Ms) Marvel, you may not be happy about it, but someone else for sure is.

that said... Red Onslaught? literally the easiest custom mate there is. and he's still squatty. i'm really hoping they do something to make him a bit more worthwhile, like attach tentacles on his back, or something. he was a pretty lame villain, imho. he just stood there and babbled a lot. like, he was Red Onslaught. why did he just stand there and take it from the Avengers and X-Men and bad guys? why didn't he teleport to New York and wipe that shit off the map? and i haven't re-read the series yet, but in the early issues of Uncanny Avengers, didn't Rogue and Sunfire (or someone) run into Red Onslaught in the sewers? like when did that happen? did that future change cuz of the Apocalypse twins?

now completely back on topic. that Apocalypse. wow. that is one beautiful mate that i cannot wait to put on my shelf. and in doing so, i'll be able to take the original Poccy mate and put him on my O5 X-Factor display to go with Archangel of Death! old school Apocalypse was pretty skinny, so it's perfect. This new Apocalypse mate is seriously menacing looking. i love it.

the only other mate i'm for sure sold on is Sabretooth. if he's going to be an Avenger (even if it's an Uncanny Avenger, which i'm looking forward to), he's already earned his spot on my Avengers display. i just wish we'd get UA Havok (and Rogue and maybe even Sunfire, though i can't imagine how much different it'd be than the AoA Sunfire) mates soon because now that the book is being rebooted and Havok's not in it, i'm worried our chances of getting him are about out the door. here's a box set idea: UA Havok, Rogue, Wasp, and Old Man Rogers. boom.

the new Hobgoblin looks good. i have the 1st one, but the updated mate is pretty good looking and might have to step in. but he's coming with Red Onslaught? hmm... tough sell.

that Carnage is off the chain, and if i had't just gotten Luke's, i would for sure be getting this one. but i don't really need two Carnages, and i'm pretty on the fence leaning towards probably not with FalCap. i might change my mind by the time it comes out. same with Iron Man. i'm not reading the new series, but the white costume looks cool and i could switch it out once i'm over it, i guess. i could even do that with FalCap too, huh? ok it's back to 50/50 on the fence.

Kluh is a rad looking mate, but the only other Hulk i'd probably buy is Red She-Hulk. is she even a character anymore? i've never read Hulk or followed him and his characters too closely.

someone remind me... what's wave 61?

and are we looking on track for wave 60 to be released when it's scheduled in 3 weeks? because i'm really excited for it.

Does the presence of a lot of the new Uncanny Avengers roster mean Brother Voodoo is in the works?

I could get into that!

Looks like wolverine had his way with Kluh's shouldersattachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's just how he looks.... not sure if there's an explanation for why he has little red indents running all over his body in the comics. Don't think i saw anything about it in the main series.

axis-3f.png

Also - how is 'Kluh' pronounced?

Is it like 'Duh!' or like 'Clue'?

Does the presence of a lot of the new Uncanny Avengers roster mean Brother Voodoo is in the works?

I could get into that!

That's just how he looks.... not sure if there's an explanation for why he has little red indents running all over his body in the comics. Don't think i saw anything about it in the main series.

axis-3f.png%5DAlsoAlso - how is 'Kluh' pronounced?

CL- Uhhh

I think Captain America should be elected, every four years. cool.png

I honestly LOVE this idea. it would be awesome to see everyone's take on the Capt. America costume!

The Captain America Falcon is my favorite mate in this group. I also like the iron man, and assume the final may have a shiny/less matted sheen to it, which i think will help. Not sure I'm into the rest of them, but they really look nice.

Probably 99.999% of the characters I want made will ever be made, so I just enjoy what is produced, and pick and choose which guys i think look cool. The storylines and writers have zero influence on whether i like a look of a character or not, its the actual mate i'm looking at, which may also be the reason I don't care if any teams get finished as long as the few guys i like in that team are made (sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't)

Life's too short, Don't worry, be happy

Yeah, 20 years from now, when everyone's grand kids are running around with KLUH underoos, going to see "KLUH 15: The Revenge of KLUH Jr." at the theaters, eating KLUH breakfast cereal, sleeping with their KLUH pillow buddies and bed sheets, we're gonna look back at all our ignorance and skepticism over this brilliant idea and laugh long and hard. Deadpools and Harley Quinns come and go, but KLUH? That's forever.

--edit: I just found out that KLUH is "generally more smarter than Hulk," which I didn't know, and makes me love him even more.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Kluh_%28Earth-616%29

Edited by karamazov80

I could get into that!

axis-3f.png

Also - how is 'Kluh' pronounced?

Haven't read it yet but his dialogue is golden...Shit.

He looks like a dark grey volcano that's about to erupt.

Either that or he's got really bad psoriasis.

(And he's seeing Storm's hairstylist.)

He looks like a dark grey volcano that's about to erupt.

Either that or he's got really bad psoriasis.

(And he's seeing Storm's hairstylist.)

I don't care much for Kluh, but that mohawk is perfect for the new Cable.

I don't follow the modern stuff at all, so a lot of these guys and costumes are new to me. I'm definitely down for a new Apocalypse who is more bulked up and menacing. I may also do the Hobgoblin if he can be used as an upgrade to my original. Other than that, I think I will pass on the rest, but it's cool to see new characters and looks. My wallet is ok not having to have every single one (unlike Wave 60). :)

Isn't that the existing Mohawk?

It does appear to be the same one that was used for Storm, I pointed out in the X-Force thread that it's too big. A shorter one would work, he kind of had the same style as Road Warrior Animal.

Nessex, he had it at the beginning of his first ongoing series. When he was stuck in the future after X-Cutioner's Song.