UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

Looking at the solicitation text for the February Previews catalog, we have six Minimates items in there:

- Marvel Series 62 two-pack assortment, never show

Don't blame me - Zach started it...

Speculation is leaning heavily towards an Axis themed wave. I could live with this if it see's some of the newer costume designs and previously unreleased characters getting a look in.

Notable suspects for an Axis was might include:

Superior Iron Man

Marvel Now Cyclops

Marvel Now Magneto

Marvel Now Storm

Young Loki

Enchantress (damn - it'd be nice to get her!)

Zenpool

Red Onslaught

Medusa (Yes please!!!)

Falcap

Kluh (seriously - that's the best name they could come up with?)

Zach indicated that 2015 would be a bit lighter on the X-men given the attention they received this year... so the Now x-characters might not be as likely as some of the others.

It could also not be an Axis wave at all?

Thoughts? Speculations? Ramblings?

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with this, there are a lot of new faces/versions in play at the moment, I just hope if this is the theme they capitalize on the ability to give us "New" versions of Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Deadpool that will also allow them to mix in newer characters.

My only concern/critique of these themed or event waves is it always seems like there are prominent players missing, and the list of characters to complete eras and teams gets longer.

personally I thought Axis was very weakly planned and executed and I am simply grateful for two things

1. Remender is a better writer in his indie books

2. Marvel has Hickman to pick up the slack, his Avengers books are what should be in the spotlight right now

having said that, id love a wave that could get us a bunch of the modern looks!

my guess for an Axis wave would be:

All-New Captain America/ Red Onslaught (with alternate Greyskull head)

Superior Ironman/ bulked-up Apocalypse

Uncanny Cyclops/ Uncanny Magneto

Kluh (Inverted Hulk)/ Inverted Sabretooth

Nessex's suggestions also all make sense

I would be down for an axis wave. Hopefully if it is they don't make a red onslaught considering he is an easy quick custom.

I would be so smitten if I got these:

Marvel Now Magneto

Sabretooth

Hobgoblin

Enchantress

Invincible Iron Man

Falcon Cap

Marvel Now Storm

Or it could be a spider verse wave. Imagine all of those spiderman variations? Maybe a spider-Gwen?

While Zenpool would probably be a winner because of Wades popularity, i'd personally prefer figures of characters that are 'here to stay' like Inverted Sabretooth, Superior IronMan, Falcap, Magneto, Cyclops, Enchantress & Medusa.

Zenpool & Kluh are unlikely to pop up again and so i'm less interested in figures of them, but i know that Hulk & Deadpool make money, so it would be hard to ignore them.

Edited by Nessex

Depending on how you count it, it may actually be more than 50%. Possibly as much as 87.5%.

None are new characters, exactly, so I'm sure people will be waving torches at some point, but I can't remember where you fall in that camp, Zex.

This is from the Wave 61 thread, when the numbers were reversed.

The first comment was in reference to villains.

how cool would it be to get a bulked up Apocalypse with Evan (Genesis) underneath?!

other characters that had alternate looks in the story were:

Steve Rogers, both as director and he wore his cap armor during the last act

could also be Loki as his costume changed for two issues when he lifted Mjolnir

and as I said above, Redskull has his tentacled Onslaught look and his trenchcoat Greyskull look

If we get Marvel Now X-men without the full team... I would die inside. Literally, my insides would rot from the lack of Emma and Magik, at the very least

Superior Iron Man seems like a shoo in, along with Captain Falcon, given that they are both popular characters with movie and current notoriety to push them to sell.

Zenpool (Akuma reuse) and Carnage (Luke's Toy STore reuse) are easy to do and bring on the essence of the event.

Old Man America is also easy to do and can be a fun figure.

Apocalypse redo isn't too needed, but hell, I'll take it. Perhaps with Evan parts?

Now! Storm would also be nice.

The clues were:

-1 clean cut hero

-4 definite villains

-3 ambiguous

-2 of those are definitely X related

-1 character comes with two looks

Now that AXIS is over and we have all the info, I think it'll be easier to find the correct combination. Thing is though, some are still inverted, others were inverted while the event was going and I'm not sure how you can classify the most of them, since the Inverted villains were heroic there, but are now villains again. Anyway, here's my edited guess:

1)FalCap (hero)

2)Inverted Sabertooth (ambiguous #1)-X #1

3)Superior Tony (ambiguous #2)

4)Hobgoblin (ambiguous #3)

5)Red Onslaught (villain #1)

6)Doctor Doom (villain #2)

7)Apocalypse with Evan parts(villain #3)-X #2

8)Loki (villain #4)

Some don't make much sense, but I'm not sure how DST would classify the inverted villains, or the anti-heroes.

Edited by Kostisfire

Mmm... I think yes. I think the biggest issue there was that Rogue, Quicksilver, and Sabertooth could ALL be said to be X-related. Hell, Wanda, too, really.

Based on some recent developments, Marvel is definitely trying to distance Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as far from the X-Men as possible, so maybe...

The clues were:

-1 clean cut hero

-4 definite villains

-3 ambiguous

Now that AXIS is over and we have all the info, I think it'll be easier to find the correct combination. Thing is though, some are still inverted, others were inverted while the event was going and I'm not sure how you can classify the most of them, since the Inverted villains were heroic there, but are now villains again. Anyway, here's my edited guess:

1)FalCap (hero)

8)Loki (villain #4)

Some don't make much sense, but I'm not sure how DST would classify the inverted villains, or the anti-heroes.

I think Zach shot down Dr. Doom at some point =/ Otherwise, I'm good with this list.

Mmm... I think yes. I think the biggest issue there was that Rogue, Quicksilver, and Sabertooth could ALL be said to be X-related. Hell, Wanda, too, really.

Based on some recent developments, Marvel is definitely trying to distance Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as far from the X-Men as possible, so maybe...

Fair assessment.

The clues were:

-1 clean cut hero

-4 definite villains

-3 ambiguous

1)FalCap (hero)

8)Loki (villain #4)

I think Zach shot down Dr. Doom at some point =/ Otherwise, I'm good with this list.

He didn't shoot him down IIRC, he just said that they had a cool Doom coming up and I took it as confirmation that he's in 62, while he was talking about Zombie Doom. TBH, I'd like to see Doom improved, because the latest one can't even move.

Five are traditionally villains. Three are traditionally heroes. Three are X-related.

Most of them are depicted with new looks. A few are fairly traditional looks, but cool new versions.

No Doom.

Alright then, here we go:

1)Superior Tony (traditionally a hero/ambiguous since he's currently a jerk/new costume)

2)Magneto (ambiguous/new costume)-X #1

3)Sabretooth (traditionally a villain/ambiguous since he's now good/new costume)-X #2

4)Apocalypse + Evan Parts (traditionally a villain/2 looks in one/updated classic costume)-X #3

5)Red Onslaught (villain/new costume)

6)FalCap (hero/new costume)

7)Hobgoblin (tradionally a villain/updated classic costume)

8)Enchantress (traditionally a villain/updated classic costume)

Either of the last two could be changed for Jack O'Lantern, but I think theyhave a better shot at this, them being more important characters and all. If that's the wave, I have to say, it's pretty kick-ass. I just hope Red Onslaught comes with tentacles and horns, as I already have a custom Red Onslaught as he appears on the promos.

Oh, and:

6589836543_8e8c008a53_z.jpg