UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

February Previews Catalog Minimates Explosion (non-Rockafire variety)

DSTZach

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Power Rangers.

The animated series is all animal characters. The box set is all human characters.

The Valiant 2-pack contains next year's most frightful Minimate.

1. Nooooooooo!

2. Hmmm...I'm drawing a blank on animated shows with animals and people. Ren & Stimpy????

3. We won't see it until 2016?

Edited by MisterMiracle

"BABAR'S HOUSE,

SHIRT TALES ALSO!"

- Nearl

Seriously, though, the animated series is either My Little Pony or Disney Afternoon

Baloo/Don Carnage

Goofy/Pete

Darkwing Duck/Eggman of F.O.W.L.

Drake Mallard/Eggman of F.O.W.L.

If we have to choose between those to animated licenses, I choose Mlp. Think about the awesome monsters!

Tirek post-9944-0-06740900-1420302624_thumb.jp

Discord! post-9944-0-04313100-1420302793_thumb.jp

The list goes on and on.

I was just wondering, Mlp is a Hasbro license, how did Dst get the rights to make banks or possibly Minimates?

I'd be ok with The Tick. That's another license that I'd like to see in Minimates form.

Not sure how I'd feel about My Little Pony. I definitely wouldn't buy them but it would probably bring some new fans on board which would in turn lead to Care Bears Minimates and Cabbage Patch Doll Minimates and then of course Barbie Minimates. This is getting weird.

Edited by MisterMiracle

It's not Power Rangers. The animated series is all animal characters. The box set is all human characters.

The Valiant 2-pack contains next year's most frightful Minimate.

Most of the characters in The Tick are animal themed....

Shadowman & Mr Twist?

Shadowman_CaptionContest_Mistertwist.jpg

-

Whatever the hell this is, I am definitely into it! Could fit right in with my new cthulhu mates.

Zach said both the boxset and cartoon packs are "new licenses, never shown or hinted at", and we've known about the MLP banks for a while.

But Minimates haven't been hinted at. I outlined why MLP seems logical above, and as Zach hasn't commented on that, I feel pretty comfortable with that guess.

No matter what we may think of it, MLP would be a big get, right there with the Turtles. They have a big, shall we say diverse fan base, which has shown a big willingness to buy MLP product. But this would also be a great opening into two potential areas: girls' toys and Hasbro properties. In Chicago, I talked to Chuck about breaking into the girl market for awhile, and he told me (and I'll delete this if it ruffles any feathers) that DST was hamstrung by the perception that they knew boys' toys but not girls. If the new line is MLP, and it's a success, that could open up a whole new market for Minimates, ones the alpha-male he-men around here might scoff at, but that those of us with daughters at home will be happy about.

But you all should hope it's MLP, because that could open up a new relationship with Hasbro, leading to other Hasbro-owned properties making the jump to Minimates, specifically GI Joe and Transformers.