UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

February Previews Catalog Minimates Explosion (non-Rockafire variety)

DSTZach

Remember, the animated series is an assortment, so it would have to have a large-ish cast of characters (at least seven) plus something that would appeal to comic book shop buyers. Adventure Time would be a really good guess, but I don't know how well those characters would translate. Archer is another good candidate. Simpsons? I would think Lego makes them unlikely, but they certainly have a wide variety of characters. Family Guy? Not a fan personally, but it would do well I'm sure.

Maybe we'll get REALLY lucky and it's the Incredibles....:pray:

... All those made me immediately think My Little Pony. But then I remembered... Hasbro... so we dodged that one.

Coupling main characters and villains, Scooby Doo has a butt ton of characters. As does Dragonball Z... but wishes are dreams and dreams are pretend and science and reason win out in the end... Much as I want Dragonball Z, we'll never see them. Adventure Time is a great guess out of yours and Archer makes a lot of sense but I think Family Guy is the most likely.

It won't be Family Guy as K'Nex has the liscence to make block-style figures of that liscence.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The box set is CLEARLY the Cthulhu/Lovecraft line I guessed we might be getting after they announced the bank.

tangentially related products: Internet Creative types often have Cthulhu fight Godzilla in art pieces, the Real Ghostbusters met Cthulhu, Dr.Strange has to have met Cthulhu or Cthulhu like beings right?, Cthulhu and the Ancient ones are a mainstay in tabletop games making them a natural fit with the Pathfinder minimates. One could make a case Lovecraft’s standing as a master of horror makes it a companion line to Universal Monsters or Aliens/Predators.

Here’s where Zach quotes my post and shots it down, but eh, it is to dream right.

(I don’t want to guess on the 2-packs, Venture Bros. seems possible if it’s a “Thundercats Ho!” scenario where Bif!Bang!Pow! commissioned the series but decided not to make them an Entertainment Earth exclusive... but I don’t even want to speculate for fear of soul crushing heart break)

Animated assortment: Please be Bob's Burgers....please be Bob's Burgers....please be Bob's Burgers....

Tangentially related boxset: Prometheus? Comic Book Men?

The box set is tangentially related to an existing license, and may have more than four Minimates in it.

Kevin Smith, Walt Flanagan, Bryan Johnson, Ming Chen, Mike Zapcic

I'm going with Comic Book Men as the boxset. My understanding is that DST has a great relationship with Kevin and *hopefully* we'll start seeing View Askew Minimates showing up in the background of the show (if they haven't already...I'm behind this season).

Edited by youbastards

Lots of good guesses! One is correct, and one is actually a future thing NOT being solicited this month!

It won't be Family Guy as K'Nex has the liscence to make block-style figures of that liscence.

That did not stop TMNT.

Well I'm excited. When does the new Previews drop?

I believe the solicit info is released to retailers digitally the third week in January, so be on the lookout for some world premieres just before then, possibly.

Ok, let's see:

-Wave 62: It's neither the first, nor the second AOU wave so it's either the comic wave that got pushed back (the one which was speculated to be AXIS themed) or Ant-Man. Ant-Man isn't coming out until July, so I doubt Marvel would allow the designs to be shown. Therefore, my guess for 62 is that it's the comic (AXIS) wave.

EDIT: I just saw that it's a 2-pack, so yeah, it's Ant-Man and Yellowjacket from the movie. Marvel released some Promo Art of the two (not minimates) a bit earlier.

-Valiant: Probably Quantum and Woody.

-Animated 2-pack: Well, it's a 2-pack so the characters included must be either the two main characters of the show, or the protagonist and the main antagonist. Finn and Jake from Adventure Time fit the criteria, but so do Vegeta and Goku from Dragonball (I don't watch anime, but I think Dragonball has some of the best fictional designs ever). Plus, there are tons of characters to make from the DB franchise, and it's on a roll the last few years. And as for a totally left field choice, maybe Ezra and the Inquisitor from Star Wars: Rebels?

-4 Pack: Lovecraft seems probable but I don't know how you can make a line out of it. Most of the characters are generic humans and appear only in books, thus there is no "canon" art of them. Prometheus is a good guess as well, but again, I don't see how you can make it work as there are not many characters in there. My (totally wrong) guess for this is Star Wars: (Knight of) The Old Republic. They are Bioware games, we got 2 bioware licenses, it's space related so it fits with all other Sci-Fi universes and now that SW is owned by Disney and Marvel is making SW comics, it's possible. Plus, if the animated license is Rebels, it makes sense. It's probably wrong, but I'm sure that sooner than later we'll see some Star Wars mates.

Kostis, Wave 62 is an ASSORTMENT of four different two-packs, not one two-pack.

Ditto the animated property's assortment. Three two-packs and a variant.

Ooooh, dangit. I though that you'd show only one 2-pack from the whole assortment from 62, and the animated thing would be a standalone 2 pack to promote the new line.

With that info in mind:

-62: Comic (AXIS) Wave.

-Valiant: Quantum and Woody

-Box-Set: Star Wars The Old Republic (it's probably wrong but it fits the criteria) would be my ideal choice, but Prometheus seems more likely, even though I don't see how it can work.

-Animated: Probably Adventure Time, but Rebels and Dragonball also fit the criteria.

Lots of good guesses! One is correct, and one is actually a future thing NOT being solicited this month!

I'm sticking with Comic Book Men as the boxset.

Could Big Hero 6 be the animated wave? *Technically* its Marvel, but not really associated with any of the current Marvel offerings. it all depends on how Zach/DST classify that kind of thing...

A January solicitation could very well time with the DVD release.

EDIT: Blu-ray/DVD is being released Feb 24, 2015. The timing is off.

Edited by youbastards

Kostis, Wave 62 is an ASSORTMENT of four different two-packs, not one two-pack.

Ditto the animated property's assortment. Three two-packs and a variant.

Also hoping for Archer, with Archer with Slightly Darker Black Turtleneck for the variant.

So...this new license is for the Showbiz Pizza animatronic guys? Please don't dash my dreams by saying no.

no, no,no, noooooooooooooo. for 2 reasons

A: extremly Creepy (understatement of the year)

B: With the extreme uproar of Fnaf (for those you live under a rock or are not on the internet enough, Five Nights at Freddys horror game produced by Scott Cawthon, who worked by himself to produce two games in 5 months.)+ they use the 2 things that induce paranoia, limited mobility and limited visibility.

If we get animatronic minimates they will HAVE to be Fnaf.

Prometheus is a great guess. It's "tangentially" related to the Alien license and would probably be in the same licensing deal as Alien and Predator. A 4-pack with David and Shaw (Noomi Rapace) in space suits with parts for non-space suit figures (hence the "more than 4" in the set), the Engineer alien and if there is any fairness in the universe an Idris Elba 'mate because I really want to make a Luther minimate.

Prometheus is a great guess. It's "tangentially" related to the Alien license and would probably be in the same licensing deal as Alien and Predator. A 4-pack with David and Shaw (Noomi Rapace) in space suits with parts for non-space suit figures (hence the "more than 4" in the set), the Engineer alien and if there is any fairness in the universe an Idris Elba 'mate because I really want to make a Luther minimate.

I would absolutely love a Prometheus set. I'm not sure that's it, but I would love it. I think YB's Comic Book Men guess (and the reasoning behind it) is pretty darn solid.