UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

February Previews Catalog Minimates Explosion (non-Rockafire variety)

DSTZach

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not another K-mart line....

EDIT: Why did the Sears thing fall through with TNMT? Any chance the new line will be at Sears?

Edited by Onyx_6

EDIT: Why did the Sears thing fall through with TNMT? Any chance the new line will be at Sears?

You don't know what it is, or what the breakdown will be, and already you want to restrict certain retailers from carrying it? C'mon, man. biggrin.png It will be in multiple locations. Hopefully any exclusives are either easy to acquire or unappealing to you personally.

I don't think the new line will be in Sears. Sears owns Kmart, and I don't know if we ALL had the impression or just I had the impression that both chains would carry TMNT, but that turned out not to be the case. Not gonna complain. It may just not have been a good fit. I have not actually looked for a toy section in Sears lately, although I have been in Sears several times recently.

Edited by DSTZach

Well, Spongebob was the other license I honed in on in my well-reasoned post a few pages back, so I don't have too much egg on my face for riding the Ponies so hard.

Are you sure it isn't a high horse you're riding instead of ponies?

tongue.png

It's a very tall pony. thumbsup.gif

You don't know what it is, or what the breakdown will be, and already you want to restrict certain retailers from carrying it? C'mon, man. biggrin.png It will be in multiple locations. Hopefully any exclusives are either easy to acquire or unappealing to you personally.

I don't think the new line will be in Sears. Sears owns Kmart, and I don't know if we ALL had the impression or just I had the impression that both chains would carry TMNT, but that turned out not to be the case. Not gonna complain. It may just not have been a good fit. I have not actually looked for a toy section in Sears lately, although I have been in Sears several times recently.

It was Chuck who mentioned Sears at C2E2. And I was all for it - I have two in my area. I was sad when it became just Kmart; I have to drive over an hour to get to the nearest Kmart. And Kmart didn't get their Minimates online, which would not have really helped with the blind bags anyway.

I don't want to restrict retailers from carrying anything. I also don't want to further restrict longtimers from getting exclusives. I still have no idea what Hastings is doing with my pre-order for their exclusive and I have very little chance of visiting one of those stores any time soon ever. Oh hey, have you given ShopKo consideration again? I have three of them within 10 miles of me!

Slightly tongue-in-cheek

Edited by Onyx_6

I was just joking, Rob. I think my Sears is closer than my KMart, too. I can only assume that sales reached out to most of the national and regional chains with TMNT, and also this license. Sorry Hastings is still processing your exclusive.

I realize an exclusive at a new outlet can knock people out of their comfort zone, but hopefully, longtimers see this as the sign of the line's increasing resilience that it is, and can use their lifetime of acquisition skills and network of agents to get their hands on them, in the rare event that they are not online. More locations should make Minimates easier to get for all, and none of them are hampered by a significant rarity.

There may even be a new major chain in the game next year.

I mean this year.