UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

February Previews Catalog Minimates Explosion (non-Rockafire variety)

DSTZach

Looking at the solicitation text for the February Previews catalog, we have six Minimates items in there:

- 1 Valiant two-pack, never shown

- 1 Kill Bill box set, previously shown

- Marvel Series 62 two-pack assortment, never shown

- TMNT Series 2 blind-bag assortment, never shown

- 1 box set, new license, never shown or hinted at

- 1 two-pack assortment, new license, never shown or hinted at

I believe the solicit info is released to retailers digitally the third week in January, so be on the lookout for some world premieres just before then, possibly.

...I realize now this may come across as either blatant teasing or blatant promotion, but it's mostly because I'm excited about each and every one of them, and I wanted to share. Someone on Facebook was asking when we'd announce something new for Minimates; I didn't think it had been that long, but I checked what was in the pipeline, and this is somewhat of a floodgate-type situation. And it's not even all of the new licenses and new products we're working on for Toy Fair!

Edited by DSTZach

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Wave 61 the Age of Ultron wave? I think out of this list I'm most excited for the new liscence.

And are the the four-pack and two-pack assortment the same liscence?

Yes, 61 is Age of Ultron, but 62 is not the second wave of Age of Ultron.

And the box set and assortment are very, very, different licenses. To not mention that they were the same and then tease them in different ways would have been very, very cruel of me.

I'm going to take a stab at the box set and go... Big Lebowski. You guys have been going hot and heavy on late 20th century cult movies, and that's probably the ultimate cult movie.

Can you say if the animated property is classic or currently airing?

Animated series license... Well Korra's over so that's probably not it.

If it's Archer though I will own all the little bastards.

Can you give us whether it's Japanese or American animation or maybe if it's a currently running series?

I would guess Attack on Titan but the scale issues would just bother the hell out of me. Sailor Moon has been getting a re-release. And then there's DBZ Kai which would be SO nice.

Remember, the animated series is an assortment, so it would have to have a large-ish cast of characters (at least seven) plus something that would appeal to comic book shop buyers. Adventure Time would be a really good guess, but I don't know how well those characters would translate. Archer is another good candidate. Simpsons? I would think Lego makes them unlikely, but they certainly have a wide variety of characters. Family Guy? Not a fan personally, but it would do well I'm sure.

Maybe we'll get REALLY lucky and it's the Incredibles....pray.gif

Edited by hellpop

Remember, the animated series is an assortment, so it would have to have a large-ish cast of characters (at least seven) plus something that would appeal to comic book shop buyers. Adventure Time would be a really good guess, but I don't know how well those characters would translate. Archer is another good candidate. Simpsons? I would think Lego makes them unlikely, but they certainly have a wide variety of characters. Family Guy? Not a fan personally, but it would do well I'm sure.

Maybe we'll get REALLY lucky and it's the Incredibles....pray.gif

... All those made me immediately think My Little Pony. But then I remembered... Hasbro... so we dodged that one.

Coupling main characters and villains, Scooby Doo has a butt ton of characters. As does Dragonball Z... but wishes are dreams and dreams are pretend and science and reason win out in the end... Much as I want Dragonball Z, we'll never see them. Adventure Time is a great guess out of yours and Archer makes a lot of sense but I think Family Guy is the most likely.

Maybe it's the Marvel Animation license from Disney XD

Hulk and the Agents of Smash

Ultimate Spider-Man Web-Warriors

Avengers Assemble

Guardians of the Galaxy

Tangentially related Box Set 80's TMNT

Though I'm all for Venture Bros. or Gargoyles

Maybe the never hinted at series will be Firefly/Serenity (oops sanity slipped there for an instant). It'll probably be Planet of the Apes.