UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best Minimates of 2014 (Red Carpet Extravaganza & Award Show on p. 6))

How hidden does the best 'Hidden Feature' need to be?

I'm thinking about the Mutant Camp Kate Pryde & Transforming Grey hulk in particular.

Grey Hulk in particular is actually advertised as 'Transforming' - so, does it still count as a 'hidden feature' for the purposes of voting?

Also - Can 'Army Builders' be characters that are not packed as Army Builders? EG: Future Sentinel and Ultron Drone weren't packaged as Army Builders (as in, 2-per-wave), but are both characters that you could display multiples of. Can either of them be voted as best Army Builder?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hidden does the best 'Hidden Feature' need to be?

I'm thinking about the Mutant Camp Kate Pryde & Transforming Grey hulk in particular.

Grey Hulk in particular is actually advertised as 'Transforming' - so, does it still count as a 'hidden feature' for the purposes of voting?

Also - Can 'Army Builders' be characters that are not packed as Army Builders? EG: Future Sentinel and Ultron Drone weren't packaged as Army Builders (as in, 2-per-wave), but are both characters that you could display multiples of. Can either of them be voted as best Army Builder?

Hidden Feature counts as anything not visible upon first look. Transforming Hulk counts as you have to open the package and peel off layer from the minimate to find Banner. Heck, some votes have even been cast for the BBT's couch in this category. Alternate look Mutant Camp Kate Pryde counts as a hidden feature.

Army Builders are any minimate you can display as multiples. Future Sentinel and Ultron Drones are eligible for voting in this category.

I'd like to request that those of you choosing to participate in the vote to please adhear to the guidelines stated in the first post. If a category asks for 3 choices, please submit 3 choices. Submitting just a single vote in a category that asks for three can skew the out come. And please vote in every category, not just the ones that interest you. This also can stack the odds in favor of certain minimates while ruining the chances for others. Thank you.

We are halfway through January and I have updated the registered voter list (post #46). Only four of you this past week. I am anxiously awaiting the flood of votes that will bombard my message box over the last few weeks of January.

your-vote-is-your-voice-be-hear.jpg?w=64

Voting seems to have stalled really bad, so I am going to post this ballot sheet to help things along. All ya gotta do is copy and paste it into your PM and fill it in. Heck you can print it up and scribble down choices if you are not in front of your computer at the time you figure out your top picks. I can't stress enough how much your input really matters for this yearly tradition. I know there have been a lot of recent posts as of late about new upcoming waves and licenses for 2015, but we can not forget about all the amazing stuff that 2014 had given us. Filling out this ballot will be your way to honor the best of the best of last year. Your input is what will shape the show. Send in those votes (veteran forum members, I'm looking to you to pave the way) and I promise you a red carpet extravaganza / award show that will top last year's.
Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST MINIMATES OF 2014 BALLOT

BEST MINIMATE

BEST ACCESSORY (WEAPON)

BEST ACCESSORY (NON WEAPON)

BEST ACCESSORIZED MINIMATE

BEST LICENSE

BEST WAVE

BEST BOXED SET

BEST PACKAGING

BIGGEST SLEEPER

BEST VARIANT

BEST SCULPTED / BULKED UP MINIMATE

BEAUTY QUEEN OF THE YEAR

MANLY MAN OF THE YEAR

GHASTLY MINIMATE

FAVORITE CON or STORE EXCLUSIVE

BEST HAIRPIECE

BEST FACIAL EXPRESSION

BEST MINIMATE INNOVATION

BEST HIDDEN FEATURE

BEST PART RE-USE

BEST PAINT APPS

BEST CELEBRITY LIKENESS

FAVORITE ARMY BUILDER

MINIMATE IN MOST NEED OF AN UPDATE

BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT (BEST MOVIEMATE)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

what does ghastly minimate mean? and does cyclops optic blast count as a part reuse

Ghastly means frightening or ugly. The category used to be called SCARIEST / UGLIEST MINIMATE, but I decided to simplify the name this year.

The optic blast acessory included with with wave 59 Cyclops is not the same piece as the one from the A vs XM SDCC set. They are similar, but two different sculpts.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The registered voter list has been updated. We are up to 19 now. Thank you for yesterday's flood of votes, but I still need more input. Several minimates have broken away from the pack and are skyrocketing up the numbers chart in certain categories while others have slowly crept by and taken slight leads over early contenders.

keep-calm-and-keep-voting-5.png