UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best Minimates of 2014 (Red Carpet Extravaganza & Award Show on p. 6))

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Is Rocket Raccoon an accessory?

Yes. Unfortunately his lack of articulation classifies him as one. I know he has a gun, but going forward, let's classify all non articulated characters (ie: Rocket, Snarf, Ma-Mutt etc) as non-weapon accessories. It'll just make life easier.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

HP, no offense, but I can't fathom how you would call a year that saw the introduction of TMNT, Godzilla, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Mass Effect, and Pathfinder a weak year.

I guess maybe you meant a weak year for classic, non-X-men Marvel comics Minimates? wink.png

That's mostly it. But I also personally have no interest in Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, and Mass Effect. But even beyond that, I don't think there were many standout figures this year. Certainly nothing that's Modok-level amazing.

My question is if Minimate Inovation has to come from DST? Luke's alternate sticker inclusions seem like a huge step forward in Minimate playability and the small offerings for GotG and the LTS exclusive are nothing compared to what is coming with wave 61.

^ And I am with Nessex!

My question is if Minimate Inovation has to come from DST? Luke's alternate sticker inclusions seem like a huge step forward in Minimate playability and the small offerings for GotG and the LTS exclusive are nothing compared to what is coming with wave 61.

^ And I am with Nessex!

As cool as it is, I wouldn't count it since it's customization. Now Luke getting his own exclusive box set I would definitely count.

The Doc Ock standing arms might be a good nomination for best innovation if you wanna pick something from Luke's exclusive?

But yeah - the stickers are really more like customisation than actual DST product.

^ And I am with Nessex!

Although Luke's sticker kits are amazing upgrades, they are not official DST products and therefore are not eligible for voting. Sorry.

For best movie mate, is that directed towards Marvel only or can Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction join in the fun?

The category is not labeled BEST MARVEL MOVIEMATE, but BEST MOVIEMATE. The sheer amount of movie based minimates is why the category was established this year. So in short, if a minimate listed in the first post was in a movie, it's eligible for voting.

Okay folks, we are one week into January and a bunch of go-getters have already cast their votes for the Best Minimates of 2014. Every week I will be updating this post (#46) with a list of the MMMV members who voted that particular week. I am doing this in order to (hopefully) secure a better voter turn-out this year. Last year only 31 members decided the fate of all the winners and I would very much love to triple, quadruple or even quintuple that number this year. Come the end of the month, if you don't see your name on this list of registered voters, know that you could have made a difference. So go through your respective collections or scan the images over at The Minimate Database and send in those votes!

registered_voters.jpg

1. Mnemosis ..
  2. pappymojo .
  3. undeadpool
  4. hellpop .......
  5. kaipo ..........
  6. youbastards
  7. Kotisfire .....
  8. MINI-MYTE
  9. Zak Katz
  10. fwoosheyman
  11. boyd