UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Interview

buttheadsmate

The thing that bugs me about this whole situation is that it still hasn't been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED who ordered/carried out these attacks. North Korean government denies involvement and the Guardians of Peace (a supposedly independent North Korean hacktivist group) take the credit. What pisses me off the most is that the media continues to run the "story" that North Korea ordered the hack and China carried it out. There is no official source/statement on this matter by the US government. The only source stated is an "anonymous federal agent that has insider details". To top it off, it was reported that there would be an official press release today... aaaaand nothing.

It has been confirmed by NK defectors that this is the work of the NK government. However, its one of those things that would be tough to prove otherwise and I think the efforts are better suited elsewhere. Lets not kid ourselves, directly or indirectly, the NK government is involved and we all know it. They say they are innocent while laughing their asses off and patting each other on the back.

Hmm... I had not seen any reports of that. If that's the case (which it probably is, and I don't doubt North Korea's involvement) why aren't more news sites running with that and some shoddy, unofficial statement by an "intelligence agent"?

As far as actually pulling the movie, I think John Campea from AMC Movie News summed it up perfectly from a within the industry perspective.

To me though, I wish we had not caved. It's giving into terrorism, and I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Edited by CBMM1

I'm trying to find what I read on CNN yesterday about defectors. If you look at their front page today, the headline is "Sony was Bad, Worse is Coming". As I said, this just validated the actions of just about every hacker out there.

As I said, this just validated the actions of just about every hacker out there.

And this is troubling. My main worry from North Korea isn't really North Korea, but the fact that the Chinese are probably involved, who are a legitimate threat to the U.S. and western world. But the broader message this sends to hackers or other shady characters generally speaking is very concerning, if they feel they can start imposing their will on other companies, possibly even policymakers.

Star Wars is safe. North Korea trying to block the world from seeing The Force Awakens would be a hugely unpopular move. No one has seen The Interview so few care about it.

If you're gonna invade a country, you go after one no one gives a shit about. Like Nauru. You don't go after one everyone will defend, like Canada, without getting put in your place.

Personally I'm waiting for Anonymous to step in and say, "Okay. Enough is enough. Stop screwing with our entertainment." (How easy would it be for them to broadcast Team America on every North Korean monitor for a weekend?)

I have it on good authority North Korea told Walgreens Chris couldn't have his Bobas

I KNEW IT.

Star Wars is safe. North Korea trying to block the world from seeing The Force Awakens would be a hugely unpopular move. No one has seen The Interview so few care about it.

December 18th, 2015: a day which will live in infamy as the time a multi-billion-dollar corporation founded on a cartoon mouse wiped an entire country off the face of the globe.

I thought it was a pretty good idea for a movie. Why they chose to use Kim Jong-Un as the one to be assassinated and not a made up dictator is beyond me, though.

I thought it was a pretty good idea for a movie. Why they chose to use Kim Jong-Un as the one to be assassinated and not a made up dictator is beyond me, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah I saw it! USA USA USA!

... it was decent but not particularly great. However the last 15 minutes were quite wonderful and the guy playing Kim Jong Un needs to be commended for just pulling off playing the little prick so well.

I YouTubed it Christmas Eve. Spent the same amount I prefer to on movie theater tickets, but I was able to lie in bed in my pajamas and pause it when I had to pee or get food.

I enjoyed it. Not their best, but not the worst movie I've seen. I'll see it again. Probably buy it on bluray.