UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Monday Mini Madness

whywing

Hello all!

I recently started contributing to a toy website called gofigurenews.com. Every Monday I will have a post up focusing on mini figures of all sorts.

Today I talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie mates, if you've got a minute I would love to hear what you think.

http://www.gofigurenews.com/#!Monday-Mini-Madness-What-A-Bunch-Of-AHoles/cmfg/3DE746B7-5260-42AA-83BA-A08E91EB60CD

"You actually got it? I was just kidding about the leg, I just thought it'd be funny!"

Good review. Here are my random thoughts:

- Photography needs better resolution and lighting, especially on small-scale product like this. If you're going to be reviewing mini-figures, you'll want to make sure the tiny details can be appreciated.

- You have THE MEAT but no POTATOES or DESSERT. I'd recommend THE MEAT stick to reviewing the stock figures as they are right out of the package. POTATOES could be recommended quick customs or other modifications. This should be separate from the stock review to avoid confusion. DESSERT could be a bonus review of a complementary assortment (in the case the TRU set).

- Wish lists of characters noticably absent should probably go into a summary at the end of the review.

I'd also recommend some kind of scoring system. Since this is an inaugural review, comparing this assortment to Winter Soldier Minimates is meaningless without a review of that as well, especially to the uninitiated.

Otherwise you make some solid points. Looking forward to the next review!

Thanks MisterPL, I love your idea of adding potatoes and desert, I haven't been too happy with the format but I was just keeping it simple.

As far as pictures go I only have my phone, any tips on taking pictures would be much appreciated. I plan on buying an actual camera eventually but it won't be for a few months.

The scoring system is something I have thought about before but haven't done because I don't really like reading scored reviews so I didn't want to write any. I do think scores would make sense when reviewing a wave or series though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nessex! You can bet there will be more Minimates in the near future!

I moved last week so life has been pretty crazy for me recently.
This week: Bungees
Last week: Pathfinder minis
Thanks for the look!

During a long Minimates drought, I started spending money on Star Wars Fighter Pods.

It was like a little plastic fling, an affair that was doomed from the start because it was purely physical with no real substance.

I don't regret it entirely but as with so many bad decisions, even though I'd have done things differently, it probably needed to happen to strengthen my commitment to Minimates and my disdain for blind packaging.

All that said, rumour has it that Star Wars Command figures are being replaced by Micro Machines. If anything can pry money out of my wallet it's the return of Action Fleet vehicles. But I doubt Hasbro can handle either brand as well as Galoob did. They made it fun.

I like the fighter pods quite a bit, I just wish I could find some of the vehicle sets for a better price.

I've seen a lot of mention of micro machines as well. I hope they don't replace Command entirely, in my opinion Command isn't getting the love it deserves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I just get a Bionicle in Sentinel colors, please?

That would be pretty sweet!

A custom might be possible with the purple from Onua. There are plenty of grey pieces from all of the others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...