UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman '66

NerdyTrev

I suppose if DST wanted to offer busts and banks in the block figure style of Minimates, sure.

Otherwise, Warner Bros. Consumer Products would have to grant the licensing rights for the appropriate category in order for them to offer Minimates.

So potentially? Sure. It's great to have a relationship with a licensor like WB that can potentially lead to other products.

We're always looking for a way in. Non-comics versions would likely be our point of entry should it ever happen. Not Batman Classic TV, that license was a feeding frenzy, but there are others.

YES!! DST needs to get a DC superheroes keychain license! It would be a good way to get out more DC merchandise since DCD has dropped some of its contracts in the past 5 years or so and it would cater to the minimates fans who pray EVERY DAY for the return of DC minimates!

Trying to collect anything from Mattel is like setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment. I was buying into their Motu minis and i just found out they canceled next years because their stupid sub system failed. No faith in their own product, but wont let anyone else do any type of toy with their IP either. Terrible decisions on that end.

Trying to collect anything from Mattel is like setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

I’m rarely disappointed by Monster High... I think Mattel just can’t figure out how to sell Action Figures or at the very least the cheap outs they use on doll making don’t apply to Action Figures

Although - it was NECA who made those.....

Speaking of whom, NECA found a loophole to make a movie accurate Michael Keaton Batman in 7 inch scale and sell him in Toys R Us... there must, I repeat MUST be a similar loophole to get us Batman 66 minimates (Keychains? Pack in with the blu-rays?! Sold as part of the bottle openers... I don’t know, building blocks again? Surely there’s one somewhere)

I would even settle for a box set with

-Batman

-Robin

-Joker

-Penguin

I can kinda see DST throwing in a second con-exclusive four pack with more villains:

-Catwoman

-Riddler

-Mr Freeze

-Mad Hatter

But I'd say only the comic appearing villains to keep the DC (sub) theme consistent

How much do you want to pay for these Minimates at retail?

Enough to cover a construction set? (Been there, done that. VERY expensive way to collect Minimates.)

Enough to cover a third party's overhead? (DC Direct's Minimates had an MSRP 33% higher than Marvel's.)

Apparently keychains might be a viable way to get the license unless of course someone already has the keychain category.

Personally, I'd just like DST's licensing head to keep a lookout for an opportunity to offer DC Minimates straight up, no loopholes. Keep the current relationship with WBCP solid and keep mentioning to their contact how much demand there is for these little guys.

Turtles did not happen through a keychain license. Otherwise, they would all have to have keychains. (They do not at specialty.)

Batman figures are pretty tied up. I do not think it is even the vague possibility I said it was back then.

Batman Minimate statues, with no supporting toy line... I do not know if that is something we're looking to do, but Ask DST.

Turtles did not happen through a keychain license. Otherwise, they would all have to have keychains. (They do not at specialty.)

Batman figures are pretty tied up. I do not think it is even the vague possibility I said it was back then.

Batman Minimate statues, with no supporting toy line... I do not know if that is something we're looking to do, but Ask DST.

By the by, thanks for the keychains. I'm actually enjoying carrying a few minis with me and linking them together so I don't lose any of them.