UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blues Brothers?

Mnemosis

I got to thinking, and the Blues Brothers (the original film) could be a fun property given a vehicle and 2-3 boxsets:

Jake, Elwood, and the Blues mobile. Jake needs the Puck hand for back flips

Prison Jake

Prison Elwood

The Penguin

Burton Mercer

Sewer Jake (with alt glasses off face)

Sewer Elwood

Carrie Fisher (with rocket launcher)

Bob

The final set could be a musical "guest" box set with the characters portrayed by Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, James Brown, and Cab Callaway

I was trying to figure out how to get the band, the state police, and the Good Ole Boys, and I just CAN'T imagine the property supporting it.

If it ever happened, I'd love a harmonica hand for Elwood and microphone hands for both brothers. Elwood would also need his bag of tricks. Can Calloway's Curtis should be in his white Minnie the Moocher look, but should come with a second head with shades, to parts swap with the brothers for his Blues daddy look

Oh, and sewer Jake could have translucent shades attached to his hat rather than a tampo, a spare hat, and a shades holding hand. Ideally.

Also, we need Illinois Nazis. Maybe we need closed suit jackets with the Blues mobile, and one box set with the suit jackets open, the leader of the Illinois Nazis and the leader of the Good Ole Boys?

Are we seriously discussing a Blues Brothers line that doesn't include Donald "Duck" Dunn, Tom "Bones" Malone, "Blue" Lou Marini, Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin, Steve "The Colonel" Cropper, Willie "Too Big" Hall, Murphy "Murph" Dunne, and Matt "Guitar" Murphy? Sacrilege.

Murph and the Magictones box set FTW.

Did someone say waves of Stax and Motown records session musicians? Sign me up please. If that's not financially viable, I would settle for two waves of musicians who played for Steely Dan. I'm not saying that a Wayne Shorter and Michael McDonald 2-pack would be the greatest selling Minimates 2-pack of all time, but I'm not saying it wouldn't be, either.

Edited by karamazov80

Are we seriously discussing a Blues Brothers line that doesn't include Donald "Duck" Dunn, Tom "Bones" Malone, "Blue" Lou Marini, Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin, Steve "The Colonel" Cropper, Willie "Too Big" Hall, Murphy "Murph" Dunne, and Matt "Guitar" Murphy? Sacrilege.

Murph and the Magictones box set FTW.

Believe me, I WANT the band. I just can't figure how they'd work in.

10 pack with the Brothers?

Or do we put the band in the case with two Illinois Nazis, three state troopers, and the five Good Ole Boys?

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone say waves of Stax and Motown records session musicians? Sign me up please. If that's not financially viable, I would settle for two waves of musicians who played for Steely Dan. I'm not saying that a Wayne Shorter and Michael McDonald 2-pack would be the greatest selling Minimates 2-pack of all time, but I'm not saying it wouldn't be, either.

A Jeff "Skunk" Baxter and Cornelius Bumpus 2-pack would sell like hotcakes based on the names alone. Hotcakes, I say!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...