UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Helllllloooo!

Just registered and thought I'd do the standard introductory post. I'm glad to be a part of the forum finally, as I've been lurking here for several months and have enjoyed reading the discussions.

I bought my first 2 packs of Minimates in February of this year, a Sisko/Dukat and Riot Gear Michonne/Zombie that were on clearance at TRU. Initially I wasn't too impressed with the Minimates block "style", but as a fan of both Trek and Walking Dead (comic + show) I decided to pick them up anyway. I quickly learned how cool these little figures are for their interchangeable parts and attention to detail. A couple of months later, I started buying a few Star Trek and Walking Dead sets when I could find them super-cheap on eBay.

Fast-forward to today, and I now have somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 'Mates! My ST and WD collections expanded quite a bit, and I also have a good number of BSG, BTTF, Marvel (pretty much focusing on the movie-based figures), and lots of others. One thing I really love about the Minimates 'Verse is the sheer variety of licenses and the quality of all of them. Where else can I have Iron Man, Lara Croft and Vincent Vega vs. a Cylon, an Alien, and the Wolfman battling it out all at the same scale (and exchange all their bits n' pieces if I feel like it)? biggrin.png

Edited by squonk