UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Axis or Spiderverse boxsets....please?

mcg031

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Since we are almost done with Spider-Verse (god awful event, Slott is the worst, so on) I'm really hoping see a boxset or something devoted to it now.

Hell, you can still keep it 616 if you wanted with some of the stay overs from the crossover

2099 needs a huge update, as usual, Spider-Gwen is getting a ton of buzz, Spider-Woman got a ton of buzz earlier and has a new ongoing and could do with an update, and throw in Morlun for a villain.

Sure, no Peter, but he isn't wearing anything different from his normal outfits.

Maybe top it off with a Spider-Noir and a May Parker 2 pack at TRU?

I would love to see a whole wave dedicated to the Spider-verse storyline. It would be the perfect opportunity to get some well needed Spidey updates plus release some new Spidey minimates. I would love a new Spider-man 2099, Scarlet Spider-man, Spider-woman, and a better Iron Spidey since I was underwhelmed with the one that was originally released. Then give us a Kaine Scarlet Spider-man, Spider-man Noir, Spider-Gwen, even an updated Superior Spider-man with the arms on his back.

Since we are almost done with Spider-Verse (god awful event, Slott is the worst, so on) I'm really hoping see a boxset or something devoted to it now.

Hell, you can still keep it 616 if you wanted with some of the stay overs from the crossover

2099 needs a huge update, as usual, Spider-Gwen is getting a ton of buzz, Spider-Woman got a ton of buzz earlier and has a new ongoing and could do with an update, and throw in Morlun for a villain.

Sure, no Peter, but he isn't wearing anything different from his normal outfits.

I just read the Prelude TPB and wasn't thrilled by it, but I think Slott is great. He's the one guy that's able to write in the modern Marvel style without completely sacrificing the characters and their history. I'd like a Spider Verse box set or two, though I'm still waiting on Spider Island....

I just read the Prelude TPB and wasn't thrilled by it, but I think Slott is great. He's the one guy that's able to write in the modern Marvel style without completely sacrificing the characters and their history. I'd like a Spider Verse box set or two, though I'm still waiting on Spider Island....

Slott was great, up untill about halfway through Superior.

Then for some reason, he just completely lost it, writing half assed stories that went no where, started insulting his fans on twitter and calling anyone who has a different opinion a troll, and started shoving his OC mary sue waifu into Amazing.

Plus killing Spider Man and his Amazing Friends as gruesome as he could was also pretty awful lol.

Plus killing Spider Man and his Amazing Friends as gruesome as he could was also pretty awful lol.

That was definitely over the top. One of the things I didn't like about the Prelude is that it casually dispatched characters from other stories, like the Spidey from 1602, and Peter and Mary Jane from Spider-Girl. Mayday had better survive....nono.gif

I've enjoyed Dan Slott's writing he's given life to the Kaine and Superior Spiderman and Spider Gwen ( and other spider women) plus made Parker more interesting, but spider verse has too many spider people

Latour did Spider-Gwen best so far (in her debut book and her solo) than Slott has so far. Gage and Costa are doing really well with the various other Spider's (Gage always wrote a great Superior, and Costa is doing really well on Scarlet Spiders). I miss Yost on Kaine though.

That was definitely over the top. One of the things I didn't like about the Prelude is that it casually dispatched characters from other stories, like the Spidey from 1602, and Peter and Mary Jane from Spider-Girl. Mayday had better survive....nono.gif

If Mayday dies, twitter will explode against Slott.

I'm just sick of all these cool Spiders dying left and right. Supaidaman's mecha was jobbed, Cosmic Spider-man jobbed.

The villains are really boring Gary Stu's at this point.

I'm actually enjoying Spiderverse ok the story may not be great but playing spot the Spidey is fun. Also its the the only place right now for Scarlet Spider stuff which I really like.

I too would be happy with a Spiderverse minimates so I'll throw my list in who should be there

Scarlet Spider (Modern)

Scarlet Spider (Original Updated)

Silk

Spider-Gwen

Spider-Woman

Ok a 616 Spiderman so TRU is happy

Inheritor (Could prob have head swaps etc as the outfits are simler to get different ones)

Spider-Ham (Like how Rocket Racoon was done for GoTG)

And there are loads of what if characters in the that I would like. Flash, Jamerson just loads.

I agree The amazing Friends bit was a pull as I watched the cartoon whenever I could in the UK. I did smile at the Capcom Spidey on though :)

I haven't read Spider-Verse yet, but I would love to see some of the new/interesting Spidey variants get made. My ideal method would be a Spidey variant with a villain or supporting character, even if the second character isn't in the story you can still slap Spider-Verse on the packaging, plus Spider-Man is so recognizable I don't think you need the event to sell it.

I love Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man, he tries different things while not ignoring past continuity. I just don't get the hate for him, it feels like to me every writer on Spider-Man is hated by the fans when they're on the title, but then they reevaluate them after it's over. I heard a guy the other day say JMS was his favorite Spider-Man writer ever, which blows my mind. I personally think JMS' run was atrocious, but I wouldn't ever take it upon myself to attack a creator online.

I think the amount of access people have to creators is causing a lot of these problems, it must be hard to keep a pleasant outlook when people are able to just tell you how much you suck all day long. Plus, work that is considered classic never had to deal with instant scrutiny like this, The Dark Knight Returns is considered one of the best stories in comics, but if it was released now people would be blowing up Twitter saying "Two-Face isn't bald! The Joker isn't gay! He should have a purple suit!"

Slott's gone out of his way to provoke a response on social media, I don't really have any sympathy for him.

I'm interested in some of the Spider-Man variants in this event, but I'd rather see them in a more normal Spider-Man wave. Having to buy minor characters more closely tied to the event would seriously diminish my interest.

I agree with you on preferring to see the costume various mixed into a regular wave instead of a wave devoted to the event. And I haven't seen the full extent of what Slott has said online, I just know he's been on the title for years and people have been criticizing it for pretty much the entire time, including stuff that was out of his control like Brand-New Day. I just think maybe after a while it gets to you.

• 4 weeks later...

With the conclusion of Spider-verse and the "love" of Spiderman Chuck has I don't see why there isn't a Spider-verse wave coming in the near future. If you read it you'll notice all the other versions of Spiderman you see that look awesome and add the fact the Peter really didn't do anything until the last issue. But losing out on these potential characters in a minimate form would be a shame....