UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Axis or Spiderverse boxsets....please?

mcg031

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's supposed to have him on a pedestal, maybe he's keeping his desires in check. Like if your dads the coach he ignores you so no one thinks he's favoring you. It's probably that... :)

I always got the feeling from seeing Chuck at panels, interviews, etc that he's not much of a modern comic guy. It also explains his love of older comic items such as Betsy Braddock and 90's X-Force.

I doubt he's reading Spiderverse and DST will always need Spidey variants so he probably doesn't want to do a bunch at once for a boxset or Spiderverse wave.

• 1 month later...

I've loved Spider-Verse from start to finish. Bought every single tie-in too. It was a massive success in my book.

Bit of a thread-necro I know, but there's been a lot of discussion on the facebook page about spider-verse mates.

I'd like to see some of the Inheritors get the 'mate treatment.

As well as Spider-Gwen/Spider-UK, Silk/Spidey 2099, Miles/Spider-Punk, (including a Peter Porker a'la Rocket) and an Updated Jessica Drew/SpiderNoir with maybe Ben Parker as the variant in one of those sets.

Dan Slott > Rick Remender anyday. As far as I'm concerned Remender's another Ben Raab. Hated what both of them did with Captain Britain.

agreed, Slott has fun yet bold stories where I find Remender's work weird for the sake of weird. I'm okay with the axis wave, but would be upset if we don't see any spiderverse mates.

Well... Remender certainly ruined Brian Braddock for me by turning him into a nincompoop.

And even with comic science I'm not sure how having the brain of a dead telepath can suddenly make

a lunatic nazi a telepathic lunatic nazi.

How's Slott ruined Peter Parker?

Well... Remender certainly ruined Brian Braddock for me by turning him into a nincompoop.

And even with comic science I'm not sure how having the brain of a dead telepath can suddenly make

He's now a completely idiotic lunatic and sex obsessed crazed moron around Mary Sue OC Donut Steel.

Oh, Norman Osborne is captured and has no Goblin serum... let's let him run away in broad day light while 2 Spider-men lounge around doing nothing.

Oh, Ock made all this nice tech for me to use since we had to get rid of him... Let me never use any of it again.

Oh, Ock is trying to make a plan by taking control because no one else can and has successfully kept the Inheritors at bay for several months now, let me punch him and take over because infighting is always so fun.

Peter David was the only person who kept Spider-verse from being absolutely terrible.

He's now a completely idiotic lunatic and sex obsessed crazed moron around Mary Sue OC Donut Steel.

Oh, Norman Osborne is captured and has no Goblin serum... let's let him run away in broad day light while 2 Spider-men lounge around doing nothing.

Oh, Ock made all this nice tech for me to use since we had to get rid of him... Let me never use any of it again.

Oh, Ock is trying to make a plan by taking control because no one else can and has successfully kept the Inheritors at bay for several months now, let me punch him and take over because infighting is always so fun.

Peter David was the only person who kept Spider-verse from being absolutely terrible.

3f2.jpeg

Silk is awesome so shush! :P

That is all

:D

They're irresistible to each other Innit? Which is why they try yo keep their distance as I've the feeling she'll

Take Pete's head off if they ever do the bad thing ;)

I'd have to re-read the whole thing to pick up on what you've mentioned Zexion I was having too much fun reading it at the time ;)

In all seriousness, no writer is perfect, each have their strengths, some more than others. To me Remender is fantastic on his image books, Low, Deadly Class and Black Science are all incredibly fun.

I do enjoy his All-New Cap and Uncanny Avengers but they may be entirely due to Daniel Acuna and Stuart Immonen

I have been a huge fan of Slott's spidey since BigTime (thats when I began Amazing as an ongoing and havent missed an issue since)

I think Spiderverse was fun for what it was and I love the current story of Parker Industries. Parker isnt perfect, hes still the same awkward, bad decision making, joke cracking science nerd i have always known him as so this just seems like natural progression to me

and I really mean it, read Silk, that and Spidergwen are hands down my favorite spider-books

I think we have at least six different Spider Man-related characters in the works, four different versions of Spider-Man and two supporting Spider-based characters, and one of them has never been done before. I think I'll show art of all of them at C2E2.

I think we have at least six different Spider Man-related characters in the works, four different versions of Spider-Man and two supporting Spider-based characters, and one of them has never been done before. I think I'll show art of all of them at C2E2.

You smooth talking devil.