UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel confirms more movies! (Cap 3, Strange, Panther)

Zexion_Armando

I'm sure Fox would argue that Skrulls fall under their agreement but they may be shared like Kingpin was. They've appeared in so many other titles that, even though they first appeared in FF#2, they wouldn't necessarily fall exclusively under any particular character group.

With Ronan and the Kree first appearing in FF comics but showing in the MCU, I'd think that a lot is possible.

Edit: Then CBMM comes crushing dreams.

Anyway, I'm into the announced movies. CA3: Civil War has me most excited- there is just so much that can be done with that. I think Captain Marvel and the Inhumans, as cosmic characters, will be interesting to see as they are coming between A3 Parts 1 and 2. I wonder how those stories will deal with whatever is happening in the bigger picture.

Edited by Turtle

by the end of that list I'll be close to fifty. So at waht point do I stop watching "kids" movies and start watching proper movies? you know the ones all in black and white filmed backwards and in Bulgarian, arn't they what cultured ppl watch.

I can actually answer that one myself.. I dont, I have a 2 year old grandson plus a nephew thats 10 now so i get to play the adult that doesn't want to be there when really I do so bring em on.

I just feel sorry for the real old guys like BHM who will be a futurama head in a jar by then biggrin.png

by the end of that list I'll be close to fifty. So at waht point do I stop watching "kids" movies and start watching proper movies? you know the ones all in black and white filmed backwards and in Bulgarian, arn't they what cultured ppl watch.

In all seriousness, that's the direction I'm kinda expecting the next Fantastic Four to take. Not full on, of course, but I think it'll be the first Marvel movie to have its own distinct visual style that separates it from the rest. It's probably what Edgar Wright had in mind for Ant-Man (like Scott Pilgrim) but it ended up not meshing with Marvel Studios' house style. That might be one of the reasons why Josh Trank didn't want his film co-existing with X-Men.

In all seriousness, that's the direction I'm kinda expecting the next Fantastic Four to take. Not full on, of course, but I think it'll be the first Marvel movie to have its own distinct visual style that separates it from the rest. It's probably what Edgar Wright had in mind for Ant-Man (like Scott Pilgrim) but it ended up not meshing with Marvel Studios' house style. That might be one of the reasons why Josh Trank didn't want his film co-existing with X-Men.

I could see that being the reason as to why he left the project. While I've only watched three of his movies (Cornetto trilogy), perhaps Wright as a director for a Marvel film was indeed a bad call. Maybe he was TOO unique. Has he given an official statement on why he left the Ant-Man project?

P.S. Off topic: Anyone else excited for Big Hero 6 and the Hunger Games?

(I'll probably be seeing Hunger Games with my wife and older daughter. Big Hero Six will be for all of us. Really looking forward to that.)

Considering when Wright started on Ant-Man (2006?) I'm sure Marvel wasnt thinking about folding all these movies into a common universe yet. It just sounds like a long, slow breakup process, when you realize you're with the wrong person but try to salvage things anyway, until you've wasted so much time you finally find the balls to walk away and try someone new, someone who's more in line with your future goals, who doesn't bitch at you when you wash the dog towels with the rest of the towels and blab about all your personal shit on Facebook, making you look like a total ass because you're too much of a decent human being to sink to that kind of bullshit, passive-aggressive level to defend yourself!

Wright's better off without Marvel. They took EIGHT YEARS of his life. Screw them.

I need a drink.

I can actually answer that one myself.. I dont, I have a 2 year old grandson plus a nephew thats 10 now so i get to play the adult that doesn't want to be there when really I do so bring em on.

I just feel sorry for the real old guys like BHM who will be a futurama head in a jar by then biggrin.png

Where's the love ,where's the compassion for us old folks ?

As for 'proper' movies .....I'm not sure the ones you mentioned are what cultured people watch but then again I'm not cultured no.gif

I've been hearing that a lot the last few days but no, I don't think so. Each film has a different tone, story, theme, etc.. It's not the same script just with different characters. GotG is Star Wars, Inhumans is Space GoT, Captain America is espionage, Doc Strange is Harry Potter,etc...

Putting them so close on one another though? That may prohibit every film from breaking the 500 million barrier but I don't think it's going to prove too much of a problem.

Edited by Kostisfire

Just a thought an couldn't be bothered making a thread on it but its to do with Marvel?disney movies so thought it kinda fitted here. Just watching Tron an thinking on movie stuff. We all know Big Hero 6 is a Marvel thing even though the film will have nothing to do with the Movieverse going on.

But if Disney are willing to go for something that obscure kinda, How cool would it be if someone actually put forward doing Power Pack as a animation I just think it would work fantastic as a movie or even a light hearted cartoon series.

For me Power Pack would work better as say a CG animation like Big Hero 6 or The Incredibles then a live action movie.

IIRC, Wright left because he wanted Ant-Man to be a more inclusive movie, and Marvel wanted to tie it into the rest of the narrative too much.

That's the speculation, but I haven't seen Wright actually saying as much. Creative differences between Feige et al. and Wright, of some kind anyway. Edited by karamazov80