UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2014 - Official Thread

Nessex

Wow - there have been some great gifts exchanged so far, and it's fun to see the clues that some people have left to hint at their secret identity.

I've noticed a few people haven't received there's yet and we're a good week+ past christmas now. If anyone on here sent a gift a little late, or hasn't managed to send out anything at all, can you please get in touch with me so we can figure out the best solution :)

Thanks guys.

xx

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people can't guess their Santa by the time everyone has their gifts, i'll post the list on here smile.png

Those origami dinos are brilliant!

Edited by Nessex

Black ~ Onyx

A cube has 6 sides.

I thought I was being clever, MiniJeff. I guess my clue was overlooked or a little too hard.

The boxes can be remade to form actual cubes, the middle/larger of which are about the same size as Minimate stands I thought you could use for display. I tried to pick out appropriate colors for the Minimates.

The Dinosaurs were a challenge, as I am more of a geometric origamist. I was aiming for the Dinobots with those designs and I have many failed attempts around the house.

Glad you enjoyed your gifts! It was fun putting everything together!

And to my Secret Santa -

I am sorry if my list was too limited. If you are stuck and need more suggestions, please let Nessex know and I can send along some more ideas.

Black ~ Onyx

A cube has 6 sides.

I thought I was being clever, MiniJeff. I guess my clue was overlooked or a little too hard.

The boxes can be remade to form actual cubes, the middle/larger of which are about the same size as Minimate stands I thought you could use for display. I tried to pick out appropriate colors for the Minimates.

The Dinosaurs were a challenge, as I am more of a geometric origamist. I was aiming for the Dinobots with those designs and I have many failed attempts around the house.

Glad you enjoyed your gifts! It was fun putting everything together!

And to my Secret Santa -

I am sorry if my list was too limited. If you are stuck and need more suggestions, please let Nessex know and I can send along some more ideas.

Man I can't believe I didn't put the close together. Honestly I thought it was tere but life kinda derailed and I didn't get back to it. Thanks tons man an yes the origami Dinobots kicked all kinds of ass!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Can i please ask those that haven't posted their gifts in here yet to flick me a PM and let me know if you haven't received them, or if you have but just haven't had time to post pictures.

I would like to put the minds of your Santa's at ease, or alternatively let them know that it's time to start yelling at someone at the post office.

Cheers biggrin.png

Edited by Nessex

Work and relatives have been really good about keeping me away from the 'verse since christmas. And to top that off, I have been without a my cellphone for the past week. I finally borrowed a camera to take pictures of my awesome gift. So here you go:

wave 59 Bobby and Sentinel; Best of Grey Hulk and Iron Man; an 8bit Super Man sticker; a pack of Gold OMFG figures; and Best of all this AMAZING Turok Custom!

post-6840-0-04166600-1421574006_thumb.jp

some closer shots:

post-6840-0-46253400-1421574042_thumb.jp post-6840-0-22041200-1421574090_thumb.jp

And some action shots:

post-6840-0-27724900-1421574138_thumb.jp post-6840-0-14659500-1421574181_thumb.jp

I hope that I am correct in guessing that my santa is Homestar17. Thank You very much for the incredible gift!

My Secret Santa gift arrived yesterday, shipped from Luke's with a note from Luke that there was no hint included.

I got a full set of Walking Dead Wave 6, the Clerks B&W boxset, and the Pulp Fiction Vince & Mia Boxset!

Later, I received a very nice PM from ElGallo21 apologizing for the delay.

Thanks a lot, ElGallo21, and thanks again to Nessex for organizing the whole thing again this year!!! :)

I hope that I am correct in guessing that my santa is Homestar17. Thank You very much for the incredible gift!

no.gif

Wow, way to ASSuME incorrectly confused.gif I guess I'm more Inspector Clouseau than Sherlock Holmes. I just figured sit was Homestar17 since that was the last post prior to mine. As if the gifts themselves weren't enough clues, all I really had to do was look at the return address on the package to know that it came Luke. Am I correct now?

Well, it is an awesome gift. Turok alone would have been enough but those OMFG figs are also a lot of fun!

My Secret Santa gift arrived yesterday, shipped from Luke's with a note from Luke that there was no hint included.

I got a full set of Walking Dead Wave 6, the Clerks B&W boxset, and the Pulp Fiction Vince & Mia Boxset!

Later, I received a very nice PM from ElGallo21 apologizing for the delay.

Thanks a lot, ElGallo21, and thanks again to Nessex for organizing the whole thing again this year!!! smile.png

I'm glad you liked Youbastars and again I am very sorry for the delay.

First off, thank you to Nessex for organizing this event and following through to ensure everyone got a Christmas gift this season.

Next, a huge thank you to my Surrogate Secret Santa, Shanester. Thank you for stepping up and sending me a great hall haul of Minimates!

On to the pics:

First up is the oddly shaped box, which was delivered today by my postal carrier to the back deck in a snowstorm:

FC91CF67-2CED-43D7-8D80-FB66CEA17365_zps

After getting the box inside and drying it off, I carefully opened one end and peered inside:

28330399-B9D9-4797-9759-DA31F184407F_zps

An Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor! What a great set with which to start my 'House Party Protocol.' No wonder the shipping box required such an odd shape!

After removing the Hall of Armor and some packing, I discovered even more goodness inside:

B2415D33-B5DB-4563-80C6-30F0D6C0847E_zps

In addition to the Iron Men (and Tony and Pepper), I also got Howard Stark, comic Maria Hill, 2 Heavy Shield Troopers, and 2 Halo Brutes, one the cloaked variant. There was also a cool brief case and suit coat, as well as a pack of clear stands.

Thank you again, Shane, for the awesome assortment of Minimate treats! And Merry Belated Christmas to all!

91823ADC-ACDF-4220-9E1A-C85AF904980B_zps

EDITED: This is not as eloquent as my first attempt at this post, but I was just grabbing the last image to insert and everything disappeared on me! :glare:

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Edited by Onyx_6