UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2014 - Official Thread

Nessex

I just received my Secret Santa gift today, and must say.....Totally love it all!!

I didn't see any sort of clue as to who my Santa could be, except for the address.

I'd like to thank my Secret Santa so very much.

For my guess, the only person I could come up with was ElGallo21.

Twas I, The christmas Zola the whole time Bwahahahahaha.

Christmas Zola was unaware that he was to leave clues to solve this scientific mystery, But he is pleased that the gifts given by himself were so greatly received. cool.png

LOL..... Thanks man!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SS gift arrived last week, but I just couldn't find the time to shoot some pics, so I'm posting a bit late.Anyway, here's the rundown: I got the Godzilla pack which is quite the luck, as I wasn't sure if I wasgonna buy it, but now that I have in hand, I'm hooked! Plus, a HYDRA Elite (you can never have enough army builders) and the Spidey/Cap BO3 2-pack (those two, like all BO releases thus far are top notch). I have no clue who my Santa is because my package arrived from Luke, but, whoever you are, thanks a ton!

And here are the pics:

post-6182-0-33176300-1419191257_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-08155000-1419191270_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-17084600-1419191286_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-69946200-1419191311_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-64641300-1419191346_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-88051800-1419191415_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-35717700-1419191434_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-91793600-1419190973_thumb.jp

Edited by Kostisfire

I don't have a camera handy but here's my haul:

Ms. Marvel and Ultron 2-Pack (Which I plan to keep in box)

The Cage Spock and Uhura 2 pack (Kick ass. I needed her)

The Expendables 2 4 pack (ULTIMATE TEAM UP EDITION)

TMNT Mutagen Leo and Foot Soldier 2-pack (Which I'm glad I didn't get myself now)

And the first three volumes of Ultimate X-Men (Also super sweet)

And as for my Secret Santa...

Riddle me this. What brings together Tonya Harding, Chris Benoit, and Camp Tardicaca from South Park?

I do believe the answer is THE_CRIPPLER.

So thank you for your gift sir.

You are correct sir. I wish I could of gotten you the other Trek minimates that you needed too but that is the only one on your list that I saw hanging up at my LCS. I know he has more in storage somewhere. He was just unable to find them. So how many clues did you have to open before you figured out that it was me? My wife laughed her butt off with the Tonya Harding clue.

You are correct sir. I wish I could of gotten you the other Trek minimates that you needed too but that is the only one on your list that I saw hanging up at my LCS. I know he has more in storage somewhere. He was just unable to find them. So how many clues did you have to open before you figured out that it was me? My wife laughed her butt off with the Tonya Harding clue.

Took all three man. I had to go through the thread and remind myself of everyone's screen names.

But when I saw yours I just f**king knew. There was no doubt.

And seriously man, thank you. I can make myself a Chekov and Sulu with the stuff I won from Luke's online auction. But Uhura would've been nigh upon impossible. I have my bridge crew. This is a good day.

After carefully removing fingerprints from my package and running the address through my advanced laboratories database, I have concluded that my secret santa is none other that Whywing!

Thanks a lot! I will hang the portrait of Bob you sent to honor his memory...

I am at a complete loss, the only thing I can see about my Santa is that they are based in SC, I tried going through the thread and checking everybody's location but so many people don't have it listed!

Thanks again secret Santa, whoever you are! biggrin.png

My gift arrived Tuesday & I opened it right away. (I have been too busy with work to post about my amazing gift until now.)

When I first saw the package, I was immediately concerned for the contents.

post-2123-0-28135500-1419527817_thumb.jp

The box looked like someone had used it for target practice, but everything in it was ok.

post-2123-0-59488700-1419527884_thumb.jp

The return address said "Greece" & one name popped into my head: Kostisfire. If you are my Secret Santa, then thank you so so so very much! You have sent me such an awesome gift! (And the drawing in the card was great, too!)

post-2123-0-38409600-1419528019_thumb.jp

I lovelovelove KinderEggs, but they are not available here in the US because -- apparently -- US children are not smart enough not to eat the small toys inside. Which is a terrible shame, since the chocolate is divine!!!

I hope everyone is having as wonderful a holiday as I am!! smile.png

Merry Christmas everyone, I wanted to share what i got from my secret santa, the package arrived on christmas eve, all the way from the bottom of the sea, but i waited until today to open it.

inside was the TRU Infinity boxset, a retro style Kane from Alien figure,"the Sixth gun" tpb, two sentinel mates, two nova corps mates and a TMNT Mikey mate(which is not in the pic as he was quickly laid claim to by my sons)

I want to express my sincere thanks to my secret Santa, Lobsterman!

9DBE055B-0172-492C-9AB1-FB88B9CAD312_zps

Edited by Mattallica

I was very fortunate to have Bob Harris as my Secret Santa once again. The last time was in 2011, where he made a very cool Age of Apocalypse Gambit for me. This year he once again made an amazing custom - The Gunslinger from the Doctor Who episode called A Town Called Mercy. He is a very memorable villain and Bob captured him perfectly in Minimate form! The paint job is particularly impressive. I am very happy to be able to add him to my Doctor Who shelf. smile.png

Bob included a Titan Doctor Who blind bagged figure (of which I have none), which turned out to be the 11th Doctor - a great place to start! Bob also included a chocolate bar for me to share with my wife, and a card game for me to play with my whole family. Thank you SO much! What a great bunch of presents!

P1010565_zpsedd31097.jpg

P1010566_zps92e5054d.jpg

P1010572_zpsffbfc7f6.jpg

My gift arrived Tuesday & I opened it right away. (I have been too busy with work to post about my amazing gift until now.)

When I first saw the package, I was immediately concerned for the contents.

attachicon.gifSecretSanta2014_1.jpg

The box looked like someone had used it for target practice, but everything in it was ok.

attachicon.gifSecretSanta2014_2.jpg

The return address said "Greece" & one name popped into my head: Kostisfire. If you are my Secret Santa, then thank you so so so very much! You have sent me such an awesome gift! (And the drawing in the card was great, too!)

attachicon.gifSecretSanta2014_3.jpg

I lovelovelove KinderEggs, but they are not available here in the US because -- apparently -- US children are not smart enough not to eat the small toys inside. Which is a terrible shame, since the chocolate is divine!!!

I hope everyone is having as wonderful a holiday as I am!! smile.png

Yeah, the boxes always get all crumped up in the mail, why I don't know though. Anyway, Im glad you liked the gift. Honestly, I'm relieved it made it on time, as I was worried that I'd miss the dealine.

[Yeah, the boxes always get all crumped up in the mail, why I don't know though. Anyway, Im glad you liked the gift. Honestly, I'm relieved it made it on time, as I was worried that I'd miss the dealine.

It made it in perfect time. Was the highlight of my day -- Tuesday work was rough (veeeeery long day). Thank you again so very much! :)

Got my package in time for Christmas, got some great stuff, a lovely Lara Croft statue bust, and something called Beaver Nuggets....

Really looking forward to trying them, as I like to try odd delicacies.

As for the ID of my Santa....I have no idea! Perhaps Groundhog, as that closely resembles a beaver? Clutching at straws :lol:

Thanks whoever you are!

post-2082-0-16431700-1419760491_thumb.jp

Luke, glad everything arrived safe and sound. I totally forgot to take a picture of the Gunslinger before I shipped it, so I'm happy to use yours for my collection.

And you really need to try out that card game - although I'm not sure if your kids are old enough. We played it with friends every second day during the holidays.

Cheers

Sorry, I've been really scrambling to keep up with things this holiday season. The camaraderie of the gift exchanges is one of my favorite things about this group, and I feel terrible about not giving my Santa props until this late hour.

I got quite the awesome package this year:

santa-1.jpg

A POP custom blank, the new DC Collectibles Batman Animated figure, and a 6" scale (or really, really powerful Minimate) impact base, and...

santa-2.jpg

This guy! An amazing Star Lord custom, complete with short jacket, orb, and clever little micro magnets embedded in his legs and guns so they can click on for storage.

And finally...

santa-3.jpg

The presents were great, but honestly, the memory of a hilarious cab ride in Chicago was my favorite part of this gift. Certain members of our merry band will surely get a chuckle out this bit of lore, as well.

Thank you so very much, youbastards!