• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gift arrived! And it's großartig!

Here you go:

SecretSanta141.jpg

Big one. First hint: it's from the US.

SecretSanta142.jpg

Lara Croft with one of the most amazing villains/post apocapyptic army bulider. Love the sculpted parts on that one!

SecretSanta143.jpg

But that's not all. And who doesn't love an Iceman and a Sentinel, right? (Plus: I really didn't have these guys, yet.)

SecretSanta144.jpg

Wow! These guys are great. Why? Well, on my wish list, I pointed out some things I'm gerenally interested in. And this guy is an amalgam: post apocalyptic jazz samurai! (Very clever, Secret Santa!)

SecretSanta145.jpg

And since I do love me some candy... Looking delicious. But I might have to share these with the wife...

SecretSanta146.jpg

But that's not all! I also got two tpb comics by Paul Pope... who I only know by his name (because of some Eisner he won, right?) and never read anything from him. But it looks very post apocalyptic and pretty clever... smile.png

SecretSanta147.jpg

But there's even more! The Kill Bill set with the Bride which was on top of my wish list! Woohoo! Thanks, Secret Santa!

SecretSanta148.jpg

So, who's the generous Secret Santa behind all this? There's a hint:

Secret (Squirrel) (Robot) Santa... that was rather easy. Now came the harder part.

A baseball player. My gosh, don't you know that baseball here is like Soccer where you are?!? wink.png
Thanks to google (and me knowing at least that he's a Boston Red Sox player), I fihured out who he is. David Ortiz! Yeah! But that didn't really help. Until I checked out his wiki page, finding out he's nicknamed "Big Papi". Well, OK. The last picture is one of those comic villains that I do know somehow but really can't pin point, from where. My guess is Marvel, though. My first attempt to google him (comic villain marvel fat upper body mechanical spider legs) showed me a hell of a lot guys that where crazy insane, but not him. Thank God there's a nerd google (comicvine) and with some more precise keywords (Marvel alien fat exoskeleton villain legs yellow, etc.) I finally found him: Mojo!

Now, the scales fell from my eyes: Secret Santa Pappy Mojo! Thanks man! Awesome job! I really, really like what you got me and solving the hints you left were great fun!

Vielen Dank!

I'm glad you liked it. I was very nervous you wouldn't get them in time for the holiday. Merry X-Mas!

No worries, great gift!

Cheers

And let me just say, it's great to have something like this going for years now. Thanks for doing this guys! And special thanks for organizing, Nessex.

I hope you are sitting down...

Today I received quite a large box in the mail!

CrUKeFz.jpg?1

I tried for all of 20 minutes to convince myself to wait until Christmas but I just couldn't do it rolleyes.gif

D8lrKFm.jpg?1

jawdrop.gifjawdrop.gifjawdrop.gif

My jaw literally dropped! The first thing I pulled out of this immaculately packaged gift was the Kotobukiya Aquaman statue and boy is it awesome!

7H9UJ1f.jpg?1

I tore through the rest of the package trying to find a clue as to who sent me this wonderful gift and was greeted with more toys:

AHAkXkm.jpg?1

ETsqmQu.jpg?1

ZjlY7lb.jpg?1

Thor and Aquaman are my favorite super heroes and I was more than happy that both are represented here. The Scaler is a neat little toy that is currently hanging from my blinds but I am sure he will find many a perch in the future days.The Days of Future Past sets are awesome and I am glad to finally have my hands on them. The Halo mates are also appreciated and I love the warthog, we really need more Minimate vehicles. You can also never have enough Aliens.

There were also a couple of mini stockings full of Twix and Rolos

8vWxR6N.jpg?1

The letter simply reads:

"Hello Taylor,

MERRY CHRISTMAS from your MMMV Secret Santa! I hope that you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

That's it, no signature on the note or a clue of any kind in the box. It is possible I overlooked any hints as I have been in a somewhat euphoric and dumbfounded state since opening what is probably one of the greatest Christmas presents I have ever received.

My current guess is that Santa Claus literally sent me this gift.

Whoever you are Santa, THANK YOU!!! I can't even express how much I appreciate this gift and I hope that you have as merry of a Christmas as I am now having, though that seems unlikely because then you would have to one up yourself and I'm not sure that is possible biggrin.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention the package was shipped from South Carolina, should narrow it down some.

Edited by whywing

My box was rather large in scale which gave me some high hopes, and it succeeded in them.

The first thing I pulled out was a page that read, "Merry Christmas" with a helpful hint of who my santa was. The gifts were neatly wrapped as well which makes it all the more exciting.

ZmB8y46.jpg

The first gift was the Godzilla series 1 set. A pack I've been wanting ever since it was announced. I've been a Godzilla fan since the dawn of time and receiving these minimates really helped ease my anxiety and raise my excitement

SUhRk0M.jpg

The final thing was the large box that had me baffled as to what it's wrapping could contain. Then I opened it. The gift inside was certainly surprising. It was a dispay case for my minimates. A while back I had posted a thread about different ways to store my minimates, since I needed a new way. Apparently, my santa remembered that and decided that was a good gift idea (and it was)!

DnNqLme.jpg

With all that said and done, this was a great gift exchange and I hope to do it next year.

One more thing, thanks to my pal NinjaMate for all the goodies!

My package arrived yesterday. I don't know who my Secret Santa is. The only potential clue was a Hello Kitty Christmas card. Lots of candy and individual wrapped goodness.

20141215_195926.jpg

First up are Lego-like Fantastic Four which is a wonderful gift. I have two young sons and they are not yet allowed to play with the minimates, but they will love these toys as stocking stuffers.

Here we see the Fantastic Four.

20141215_201203.jpg

Here we see Doom Triumphant!!

20141215_201652.jpg

There was also a Silver Surfer and I think a Flame On Human Torch. Cool presents.

Of course, what we are all interested in is the minimates. Here wee see a re-enactment of a typical Junior Prom from the early 90s.

20141215_202108.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa, you are the best thing ever.

OK, I'm going to guess that my Secret Santa is Bigvis. If I am wrong my Secret Santa can go ahead and reveal themselves.

Yup! Hope the barcode wasn't too much of a giveaway. Glad you enjoyed everything!

My package also came, a Sentinel/Iceman 2 pack from the All New X-Men wave. I recognized the card from someone here's avatar, thanks NerdyTrev!

20141215_182428-1_zpsin3nohdu.jpg

Got my gift from my Secret Santa this past weekend! It came from Lukes Toy Store. So it was from Luke....or.....?? Otherwise, no idea who its from. But thank you very much! Much appreciated! smile.png

64CC77C1-C175-4DB7-88CE-2DF69604D158_zps

Figured I'd reveal myself since I couldn't add a personally made clue to my gift, since everything was through Luke.

Really glad you liked the gifts Ninja Mate! :D

I just received my Secret Santa gift today, and must say.....Totally love it all!!

I didn't see any sort of clue as to who my Santa could be, except for the address.

I'd like to thank my Secret Santa so very much.

For my guess, the only person I could come up with was ElGallo21.

post-19-0-12958200-1418793532_thumb.jpg

Got my gift from my Secret Santa this past weekend! It came from Lukes Toy Store. So it was from Luke....or.....?? Otherwise, no idea who its from. But thank you very much! Much appreciated! smile.png

64CC77C1-C175-4DB7-88CE-2DF69604D158_zps

Figured I'd reveal myself since I couldn't add a personally made clue to my gift, since everything was through Luke.

Really glad you liked the gifts Ninja Mate! biggrin.png

Thanks! I love Walking Dead! :)highfive2.gif

I just received my Secret Santa gift today, and must say.....Totally love it all!!

I didn't see any sort of clue as to who my Santa could be, except for the address.

Sorry sir, but t'was not I. Wait a minute... are you telling me that some one else is running around with my address? ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Twas I, The christmas Zola the whole time Bwahahahahaha.

Christmas Zola was unaware that he was to leave clues to solve this scientific mystery, But he is pleased that the gifts given by himself were so greatly received. cool.png

And on that note, My gift arrived yesterday, and it was AWESOME!

I can strike 2 characters off my want list and I got a sweet surprise inside.

IMAG1196.jpg

IMAG1197.jpg

Hail Hydra indeed, and Ivan, Hail him as well.

I also didnt have any clues other that the address, So I will be putting my scientific brain to work deducing the sender of this holiday happiness. Thanks to you my secret St. Nick!

Tee Hee