UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blade Runner 'mates

Since we're doing other stuff from the Ridleyverse, I'd kill for a set of Mates with Rick Deckard and Roy Batty, bonus points for a scaled down Spinner vehicle. No idea how hard the likeness rights/merch rights would be to obtain.

...yeah I'm not going to lie, I mostly want those two so I can also purchase some Terminator endoskeletons and have my own set of Hideo Kojima's "SNATCHER" Minimates as QC's. I have a ton of love for the movie as well obviously, but I am borderline obsessed with that game.

Edited by WinterSoldier

Merchandising rights for Blade Runner product is a legal black hole, and has been for years. IF the sequel actually happens, that will be our best opportunity for merchandise, but i wouldn't get my hopes up...

Hey, it's better than nothing then. yes.gif

I'm not sure whether Blade Runner was actually as 'great' as I remember it but the two versions of the Spinners (Medicom kubrick) are just beautiful .

It's better. One of the few movies from my childhood that has actually grown with me. I notice something new everytime I watch it (director's cut, that is). I'd be thrilled to bits with any type of merchandising for this classic.

• 1 month later...

Found this interesting:

"Alcon Entertainment acquired the film, television and ancillary franchise rights in 2011 from producer Bud Yorkin to produce prequels and sequels to the iconic science-fiction thriller. Yorkin will serve as a producer on the sequel along with Kosove and Johnson. Cynthia Sikes Yorkin will co-produce. Frank Giustra and Tim Gamble, CEOs of Thunderbird Films, will serve as executive producers."

I'm wondering if "ancillary franchise rights" includes merchandising rights for the original.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apparently at the panel at SDCC, Chuck called out Blade Runner as a top property he'd like to do. I am 100% behind the idea, if the aforementioned rights stuff can get parsed. I'm loving the cast of the new movie, which includes Harrison Ford, Jared Leto, Dave Bautista, Robin Wright and Ryan Gosling. Seems like the new movie next year would be a good time to do both new & old 'mates?

• 10 months later...