UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America 3: Civil War

CBMM1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, if there's already a post for this I appologise.

The Civil War comic storyline was one of the first I ever read, and even today it is one of my favourites. So naturally when the third Captain America movie was announced to be centered around Civil War I was very, very excited.

And then the cast was announced... I mean, pretty much everybody but Hulk and Thor are in it (excluding Guardians characters). Even General Ross is in it!

I do have a couple of questions, though. Like how the wars actually going to start, since no one seems to have a secret identity in the MCU. And again on the topic of starting wars, just how Tony and Steve will fall out, as they left on pretty good terms in Age of Ultron.

Anyway, I just thought I'd start this thread as a general discussion page.

Edit: this webpage has the full cast list, as well as a short summary of who's doing what- http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/11/captain-america-civil-war-analyzing-the-cast-list-more-2925736?lt_source=external,manual

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

i am not exactly sure what the central divide is gonna be because in the MCU there aren't really any secret identities, as you said, so i am sure it's gonna be more about who the Avengers are accountable to. i would guess that after a small city was wiped off the Earth and another city was wrecked by the Hulk that the UN is probably gonna sanction the Avengers and demand that the US government does something about getting them under control. Tony and Steve are on good terms now, but nothing divides friends quicker the politics. although I don't think there is going to be a super human registration act, or anything like that. i think this is really just gonna be about something more personal that drives them apart. i am pretty certain that Bucky is going to be central to their divide. i think Stark will find out that the Winter Soldier killed his parents and he's gonna want to bring him to justice. i am really interested to see who is gonna take whose side in the split. of the New Avengers, the only ones I could imagine joining Stark are War Machine and maybe Vision. even Hawkeye seems unlikely to take his side (depending exactly on what the argument is). that's why i think that Zemo is probably going to emerge as a sort of wolf in sheep's clothing, where he's someone that Tony makes an alliance with not knowing that his intentions are to kill Cap. Black Panther and Spiderman are the two characters I am most interested in what they will be doing. i think Panther ends up being an ally to Tony and Spiderman seems likely to join him too.

Agents of Shield spoiler

With the release of the Teragen crystals into the food supply I get the feeling that the enhanced population is about to experience an unexpected boom. Naturally with so many new Inhumans, Stark is going to want them registered for the protection of humanity and so he can build suits to counteract each of their powers.

Black Panther will certainly be a wild card but I'm betting he'll end up on Cap's team. He's likely to be holding a grudge against anyone with the name Stark after the "theft" of the vibranium used in making Cap's shield and Tony will likely want access to more Vibranium to build a stronger suit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, Nat sides with Tony? Really? That seems so out of character for her MCU version. She's barely associated directly with Stark since IM2, and spent all of Winter Soldier becoming really solid pals with Steve. I get that the Registration Act wouldn't effect her, with that film's finale, but not siding with Steve seems like a curious misstep. Clint, Bucky, and Rhodey look killer though. Interesting that they opted for Hawkeye's Heroic Age look.

Warmachines armor is new, its marked 003, the one in AoU was 002, it has a number of noticeable differences the main one being the laser cannon

while this promo art is AMAZING I'm a little bummed Scarlet Witch is absent and Widows hair isnt shorter

A guy who flies, a guy who shoots arrows, a guy who shrinks, and two guys on steroids vs. an athletic guy and woman, and. . .nigh indestructible robot guy who can shoot lasers and phase through people, and guys with super powerful robot suits who can fly and shoot lasers, bullets, and missiles.

Team Tony doesn't stand a chance.