UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 61

Mnemosis

I hate to constantly burst your bubble, Kostis, but no Moon Knight.

And anyone who has said "is a lock" so far is at least partially wrong. So unlock.

Goddangit. Oh well, I have already made a custom so I'm not that dissapointed but.....damn. Buuuuut, I do love almost all new redesigns, so I'll happily buy whatever NOW! you throw at me.

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon Knight must be getting his own 4-pack. And it's about time. smile.png

MK could easily fill a TTA 4-Pack. Sadly, he doesn't have the name recognition, that's why I hope he's in an All-New! Wave, should it happen. Sadly, he's not. But maybe he shows up at Tru down the road. He's after all an Avenger, and 2015 will be an Avengers year.

Seems a bit early to be writing off the entire 2015 release year based on Zach's teaser comments surrounding one wave.

With only 2 Marvel movie themed waves (and potential for Netflix series product), we should still get lots of comic based product, and Zach has already said 2015 will be Avengers heavy despite the obvious reasons.

Depending on how you count it, it may actually be more than 50%. Possibly as much as 87.5%.

None are new characters, exactly, so I'm sure people will be waving torches at some point, but I can't remember where you fall in that camp, Zex.

So long as its not NEW HAT Iron Man, I am happy.

Anyway, maybe its related to this?

uncaven2014001-cov-109497-768fb.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando

http://www.newsarama.com/22475-uncanny-avengers-gets-2015-relaunch-almost-all-former-villain-lineup.html

I was actually coming here to post my thought that wave 61 might be influenced by this new team lineup, but Zex beat me by a couple minutes.

Still, the above link has info (including names) of the lineup for the new Uncanny Avengers, and yes that is Sabertooth.

My personal vote is yes. I would love this lineup as a full wave - especially Brother Voodoo and that new Quicksilver costume

I'm guessing it will be a mixed wave

Red Onslaught - Magneto (Black costume)

Thor (She-Thor) - Loki (NOW)

Sabertooth - Hobgoblin

Superior Iron Man - Carnage (NOW)

They are not new characters, "exactly" as Zach stated, bigger names and depending on how your view NOW Magneto/Carnage/Hobgoblin and Superior Iron Man it can be 87.5% villains.

Seems a bit early to be writing off the entire 2015 release year based on Zach's teaser comments surrounding one wave.

With only 2 Marvel movie themed waves (and potential for Netflix series product), we should still get lots of comic based product, and Zach has already said 2015 will be Avengers heavy despite the obvious reasons.

Maybe, but it does mean we likely wouldn't see any classic Avengers product until after the movie releases. If they're waiting that long then I'm expecting something much more like the disappointment that was 2012 than something like wave 54.

Yeah I've got to be honest, I am just off to buy my burning torch to wave lol. There are two things I instantly look for in a wave: new characters and classic versions of them! Thus, I am pretty disappointed by this news. I really had high hopes for some new classic avengers characters in this wave. I really hope we do get at least a couple next year, though my expectations are suitably lowered.

Thanks for the hints as ever though Zach. On a more positive note, it is good to hear there will be (at least!) 4 villains again. I'm a bit behind on my new comic reading right now but, assuming the wave is avengers based, I would guess the heroes are going to be the latest versions of the big 4 - if so at least she thor would be interesting. As for the villains I would have thought that loki is close to a "lock" and I'm a bit surprised no one has guessed ultron - I'd have thought he's pretty current! I also would have said maybe thanos but him being in the tru set may make him doubtful. Other than that I don't know if red skull's about at the moment - he always seems a likely candidate for an avengers villain?