UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 61

Mnemosis

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually wondering if they'd run an Avengers tie-in that early. I was kind of thinking GotG comic wave. Then again, Zach's recent comments suggest the Guardians could anchor their own TRU wave, so...

Black Knight

Modern Wasp

Sunfire

Danvers Captain Marvel

... or...

Superior Iron Man

She Thor

FalCap

Hyperion

Hahaha... couldn't help myself!

No no, it's cool... I just can't believe that it's been, what, 48 hours since 60 was shown and we are already moving on to speculating on the next one. And it's especially funny coming from the guy with Forge in his sig. laugh.png

I would vote for a wave based on either Annihilation (which would give you some of the Guardians) or Avengers: Under Siege, which would be a cool way to do the same hero vs villain theme from 60.

Squirrel Girl for sure in this wave. She did just have her own solo series announced.

Seriously though, this could be a Daredevil themed wave with the Netflix show debuting next year. Not based on the show designs but the characters. Daredevil, Foggy, Kingpin, Elektra, etc.

But its probably going to be an Avengers wave. With the movie hitting next summer, and Zach saying it will be an Avengers heavy year I think Avengers is a safe bet. Look for the heavy-hitters in some shape or form. Falcon-Cap would be all kinds of cool. Lady Thor would be another cool one to see. Is Kid Loki still around? He'd be cool on the kid base they used for the Thunderkittens. Kate Bishop Hawkeye from the Fraction/Aja series vs Madame Masque is a pairing I wouldn't say no to. A new War Machine based on the short-lived Bleeding Edge based suit from the end of Fraction's run. Lots of possibilities.

Man, there are so many current events and story lines that would make for some killer mates.

Spider-Verse:

Kaine Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider

Spider-Gwen/2099

Noir/Assassin Spider-Man

Morlun/Spider-Woman or Silk

Comic Guardians (2008):

Star-Lord/Drax

Gamora/Groot + Rocket

Moondragon/Phylla-Vell +Cosmo

Magus/Adam Warlock

All-New Now!

Moon Knight (pimp suit)/All-New Ghost Rider

Superior Iron Man/nuThor

FalCap/Medusa

Deathlok/Captain Marvel

If it's going to be Comic Guardians then it better have a full size Rocket saving the mini-rocked for movie waves.

Star Lord/Adam Warlock + bonus Magus parts (Annihilation)

Rocket/Captain Marvel + Flerkin Chewie (Now!)

Starhawk/Badoon troop builder (3000)

Aleta Starhawk/Badoon troop builder (3000)

That gives a start on three new Guardians teams for everyone to complain about and still be an exiting wave.

Avengers Next

James Rogers/Francis Barton

Torunn/Azari T'Challa

Henry Pym Jr./AIM Heavy Trooper

Robot Forson AIM Scientist Supreme/AIM Heavy Trooper

While A-Next might not appeal to most who doesn't want more AIM Troopers?

Defenders

Dr Strange(Modern)/Man-Thing + Howard the Duck mini

Iron Fist (White suit)/Deathlok

Red She Hulk/Darkhawk

Valkyrie (Fearless Defender)/Nighthawk

Just a cross section of the Defenders history but really unlikely due to having no A+ listers.

I think it'll be a classic case of DST kicking us in the face. Here we just get a kick-ass wave 60 and then we have to wait like 6 months or so for 61.

If that's the case, It'd better be classic Avengers. That way, we can have an Avengers 2 cmic tie-in like we did the Winter Soldier, and have enough 'mates to hold us over until DST decides to release the AOU figures.

That being said, I'm gonna say It isn't straight Avengers, but West Coast Avengers/ Avengers West Coast:

US Agent/ War Machine

Master Pandemonium/ Tigra

Vision/Wonderman

Mockingbird/ Hank Pym

We just got Hawkeye in Best of 3 so, I wouldn't bank on him being in this wave.