UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars III wave/boxset?

Zexion_Armando

uHNwq1a.jpg

2015's first event is a Multiversal crossover, called Secret Wars, written by Hickman and Ribic. Its set up to follow Time Runs Out, Hickmans big arc on Avengers/NewAvengers.

Now, already, we can see Captain Falcon, Miles Morales, Superior Iron Man, Lady Thor (Or Thor-Girl, I can't tell if its the Earth X one, Arno Stark, and a ton others.

Even Obnoxio the Clown

Obnoxio_the_Clown_Vs._The_X-Men_Vol_1_1.

Now, this would be a really great way to get some fun unique characters and a few redo's like a new Wasp or or Black Panther or American Dream.

This event SCREAMS possibilities, with numerous big guns in unused looks to anchor the wave.

Ironman 2020/1602 Daredevil

American Dream/Ghost Rider 2099

She-Thor/Classic Wasp

Hyperion/Obnoxio

The only problem is, how many people would want a single representative of any given alternate universe?

Ghost Rider 2099 and Iron Man 2020! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Looks like bad fanfic.

Why so? Hickman is an amazing writer and all we have is a (pretty awesome) pic so far and the fact that it follows "Time Runs out", which deals with multiversal collapse. It's more of a natural progression to the story.

PS: Wasn't Hickman leaving after TRO? I'm glad he's staying, but why?

Looks like bad fanfic.

Why so? Hickman is an amazing writer and all we have is a (pretty awesome) pic so far and the fact that it follows "Time Runs out", which deals with multiversal collapse. It's more of a natural progression to the story.

Red herring, most likely.

I really want 1602 characters but would be pretty disappointed with just one.

A huge disappointment looking at that image is no captain Britain or corps members (I suppose read it and see) but it's a bug bear of mine when characters are sidelined in stories they should play a big role (like Rachel being barley used in x-men v avengers)

where is that daredevil with the fire staff from? (I know i know it but cant place it)

I really want 1602 characters but would be pretty disappointed with just one.

A huge disappointment looking at that image is no captain Britain or corps members (I suppose read it and see) but it's a bug bear of mine when characters are sidelined in stories they should play a big role (like Rachel being barley used in x-men v avengers)

where is that daredevil with the fire staff from? (I know i know it but cant place it)

I think its Darkdevil from the MC2 universe that would fit in with American Dream and I think shes called Stinger being on the image as well

Looks like bad fanfic.

Because I look for more out of my comics. What If can be cool in small doses but seriously 95% of those comics were trash. This looks like it fits in the latter.

Most what if stories just start with a bunch of jumbled ideas out of a four year old's notebook: What if Magneto had Iron Man's helmet and was really the Punisher and Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch were married and Nick Fury was Wong but in this universe he had no legs but the Savage Land was really Atlantis and Colossus ran SHIELD but in this world he has a cyborg eye? Yeah, no thanks.

Edited by bigvis497

Looks like bad fanfic.

Agreed. Even with Alex Ross art the whole thing stinks of desperation.

Not really surprising. Isn't that whole shtick of the original Secret Wars? That said, doesn't mean it can't be fun or get us some cool'mates.

Also pictured is Hyperion from Supreme Power, several New Universe characters, and (most intriguing to probably only me) several characters from Epic's short-lived Shadowline. What's missing, though, are CrossGen and Ultraverse guys. And Miracleman! I bet at least some of those (probably not Ultraverse, sadly) are folded in by the end.

But, yes, Minimates please!

Looks like bad fanfic.

Because I look for more out of my comics. What If can be cool in small doses but seriously 95% of those comics were trash. This looks like it fits in the latter.

Most what if stories just start with a bunch of jumbled ideas out of a four year old's notebook: What if Magneto had Iron Man's helmet and was really the Punisher and Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch were married and Nick Fury was Wong but in this universe he had no legs but the Savage Land was really Atlantis and Colossus ran SHIELD but in this world he has a cyborg eye? Yeah, no thanks.

I'd normally agree, but this is the next stage of Hickman's cosmic story that's been going on since Marvel Now started (technically he started it with Shield but anyway). It's not an event that'll come out of nowhere. TBH, I just have faith in him and I'm sure it'll be good. Worst case scenario, we get some killer mates!

Im assuming this is based on the recent Uncanny Avengers storyline as it introduced two separate teams that had been assembled across timelines and universes by Kang and Immortus respectively. If thats the case its less of a grab bag of different characters.

Not just that. Avengers and new Avengers are dealing with the collapse of the multiverse, Avengers world is dealing with future tech from aim and the kids from a next, all new x-men is about the original X Men team from the past, & a variant X Men team from the future, and guest stars Miles Morales, and, oh yeah,there's that whole spiderverse event. the lines between realities are currently blurring, and that all appears to be feeding into this major event

Did Hickman write that, though? Because it seems to me that Marvel has basically decided that the Uncanny book is completely separate from the other Avengers books. Which irritated me to no end during Infinity. So I wouldn't expect a Hickman event to spin out of a non-Hickman book.