Valiant Minimates

Lobsterman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, without the helmet he looks pretty bare-bones. Heck, a bit of muscle detailing on the legs would make a difference. Plus, no energy sword or even a tint to make it look like he's wearing his full helmet? Man, I was really excited for these, but honestly, I'm a bit let down. I mean, on one hand you have the Pathfinder mates and then you have a pretty vanilla looking Arik. Maybe he'll look better in person, I don't know...Bloodshot looks bloody awesome though (pun intended), so there's that. I'll still buy them, but I hope if other X-Os follow, they'll be a bit more detailed.

I am a big fan of this stuff and I would love more and more but If i cant get the main look I aint buying the battle damaged riot spidey looks because thats what the shops have. Fans want the comic look, beaten up is secondary to most. I wasnt but to say it and I will...These figures will be unknown to the high percentage of TRU shoppers except fans an scalpers. But in a LCS it woulfd have been more obvious. A guy in a shop sees a BD X-O says "ohh thats cool I like the comic, I'll take that an the normal one as well"

The shop diont have it and the guy is like "sod it I aint just buying a beaten up style pack of figures" losses all around to me.

BD Bloodshot is bleeding from his eyes. Happens a lot in the book. The face-off alt head is from a major storyline, and he was like that for the better part of an issue or two. "BD" X-O is basically him suiting up. Seems like he spends half his time out of armor, bedding wenches and whatnot, so he's constantly taking it on and off.

And if TRU wants the set for their stores, which they did, then anything else we can offer that's exclusive to comic shops is a bonus for comic shops and for us. People who buy at TRU may seek out comic shops for the alt looks, and vice versa. But giving comic shops the exact same set that's available at a national chain instead of a variant would probably not increase their sales overly much. (Obviously, the international factor changes things, since TRU is not a competitor overseas.)

I regret the name I chose, but we'll see how well it sells. Once Set 2 is revealed,I think there will be increased demand for both Series 1 sets.

Edited by DSTZach

Just two-packs for now. That's what TRU wanted, and we don't know exactly what the market is for Valiant merchandise. Nobody does, really. Baby steps.

Cool, are you able to confirm that these were still packed 12 to a case, or did the TRU distribution model change to account for a single 2-pack?