UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Valiant Minimates

Lobsterman

If they were to do a one-shot wave, there are enough characters to fill it without having to dig too terribly deep:

Archer/Armstrong

Quantum/Woody

Rai/Ninjak

Toyo Harada/Shadowman

Then again, the lack of action in this thread as compared with other new licenses like, say, Buck Rogers is probably a pretty good indication of the interest in Valiant... confused.gif

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious why they went with a two pack instead of a four. Valiant seems like a "one and done" kind of property like Invincible or Thief of Thieves. I'm not sure if a two pack says DST thinks Valiant has legs for maybe a full wave, of if they're not even confident a four pack can move and need a lower price point...

Hey, this could be huge... like the next Lost in Space!

I was never really a fan of Valiant comics. I think I read a couple Turok comics and I'm pretty sure I have the first issue of Ninjak stored away. I always thought that they weren't on the same quality level as Marvel and DC back then. I'm sure it has it's fans though as Turok has been around forever it seems.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Video Game Turok was different than comic Turok (younger for one), but I think at one point late in the original Valiant/Acclaim run they did a few video game comics.

I was big into Valiant for a few years of the original run, and tried the first couple years of this run, but ended up dropping it.

Edited by JeffBohn

It's the same intellectual property, but not necessarily the same take on the character. For instance, in Valiant, Turok is the name of the character, but in the game and Acclaim comics, it's a title passed down.

Then again, the lack of action in this thread as compared with other new licenses like, say, Buck Rogers is probably a pretty good indication of the interest in Valiant... confused.gif

To be fair, the Buck Rogers license had been around for a while and it didn't garner much interest until designs were shown. (Frankly even I'd forgotten and I'm a fan.)

We caught a glimpse of X-O and people were champing at the bit for more.

I guess this is why Chuck prefers to show prototypes first instead of control art.

• 2 months later...

While the 'mates look really nice, I find it tough to get excited about packs dedicated to "battle damaged" variations, especially with a universe as diverse as Valiant's. With the amount of extra parts we've gotten in some other packs/boxsets, it seems like packing in the "damaged" pieces with the regular pack wouldn't have been too far-fetched.

That seems more interesting than many of the battle-damaged versions of characters we've received. I think they look good enough to actually try and find out what the story is behind the variants, so that's something.

Edited by stack32

While the 'mates look really nice, I find it tough to get excited about packs dedicated to "battle damaged" variations, especially with a universe as diverse as Valiant's. With the amount of extra parts we've gotten in some other packs/boxsets, it seems like packing in the "damaged" pieces with the regular pack wouldn't have been too far-fetched.

Totally agree. Very, very weird way to launch a new product line. I could see if they were doing a full wave, and this was the variant pack, but it appears to be a standalone pack based on the solicitation info.

Once again this week, Hellpop doesn't get it. confused.gif

This pack comes with two heads for Bloodshot and two heads for X-O, plus the sphere. Plus, BS's gear is tight, and X-O's tampo is kinda insane.

Other set has different paint/tampo for both bodies plus two completely different heads for X-O. Adding either set of extras or bonus bodies to either two-pack would have been tough.

You'll want one or the other, maybe both. Hopefully both!