Valiant Minimates

Lobsterman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was poking fun at the general idea that the strip might affect anything in a negative way. Poking fun at worries and fears. Not at anybody in particular.

Try to look at it as Valiant wanting to have fun with the Minimates style. Our Minimates take liberties with their character designs, after all. I cannot be offended because I was not involved in it. It was Valiant's idea!

MTD, I was genuinely sorry about the snarky comment I made to you, what, a year or two ago, until you started trash-talking other board members in your DMs to me. Happy to share those.

Does the internet automatically thin everyone's skin, or are that many people really just devoid of a sense of humor?

I think of this message board as a hang out for friends. You know what my friends and I do? We joke around with each other. That's what Zach did. In response, DB got defensive and YOU have become down right churlish with your "juvenile and pathetic" comments.

Lighten up. We're talking about collecting stylized two inch tall action figures. You'd think maybe we could have some fun.

Does the internet automatically have people that have to interject their opinion without having the slightest clue what they are talking about?

According to you, we should all go hold hands and kumbaya on the internet.

That sounds great in theory, but in reality guess what me and my friends do? We hang out in REAL LIFE not on the internet. If your social life is lacking so much that they need to come on the interment to make friends more power to you, but sorry if I have better things to do with my time than hang out and post over 2,000 times on a website.

I interjected MY opinion because this DST employee has pissed off other board members in the past (including myself) with retorts that never needed to be made in the first place. He is a representative for DST and most of the time he does a good job.

However, on occasion, he gets pissy with board members when their opinions don't coincide with his own. This is a pattern that has continued for a LONG TIME and needs to END. I didn't mindlessly offer my opinion, me and this representative have a past.

As for why YOU felt the need to act as the internet police and voice your opinion, I am still trying to figure out?

Did you just feel the need to be included in something that isn't your business or did you just want to feel important in your own mind?

So Lighten up yourself mnemosis.

It isn't FUN for some board members to be talked down too by a DST employee that has a history of doing so. As you said, this is about about collecting stylized two inch tall action figures. You'd think some people would mind their own business when they have no idea about the past history between me a THIS specific board member.

I have NEVER had an issue with any other board member on here except for this DST representative and do not go around mindlessly starting drama for dramas sake. I like to think I have contributed to the board and its members because of the few times I have pointed out minimate discoveries at TRU and other retail stores, as well as, my Modifying Marvel Minimates thread.

Therefore, I apologize to MisterPL or any other board members for going off topic.

Oh and happy Easter everybody!

Edited by mtd20_2000

For the record.

I never specifically called out any board members by name on here. I told this DST representative that I didn't want to start a flame war with him on the board or else his loyal ass kissers would come out in force and try to fight his battles for him . And right on cue, look what happened.

Generally, if someone tries to incite me on an internet board, I usually try to ignore it because after all they are just anonymous posters that I do not know.

However, this poster is just not any ordinary poster. He is a DST representative and as such should act like one and is a reflection of DST whether he wants to be or not.

A DST representative mind you that just insinuated he wanted to further incite a flame war on this board by posting e-mails between me and him (I suggest you remember that door swings both ways internet tough guy).

That is real PROFESSIONAL!

I wonder what your superiors at DST will have to say about that or do you NOT forget what almost happened to you last time?

Once again, I apologize to any board members for going off topic and out of respect for them this will be my last post on this subject.

As for this DST representative, I abhor internet tough guys that hide behind their computer screens. I prefer to do my talking FACE TO FACE!

I take it you reside in Arizona, correct?

It just so happens, I am back in Houston, Texas preparing my house to either be rented or sold. However, I will be returning to California, via 1-10, within the next month before summer classes begin at Stanford.

If you want to continue this subject off the board in pm's to discuss where we can meet up to have this DISCUSSION. I am all ears!

Have a happy Easter everyone!

Edited by mtd20_2000

There are so many comments I want to make, but the last thing this tangent needs is more fuel to the fire. I will say though, I don't think anything in an open forum can be said to be not anybody else's business, but at the end of the day it's supposed to be fun here. There have been comments made in the past that got under my skin, to the point where I stopped posting as often because it just wasn't worth the irritation, but now I just don't take it seriously anymore, and I find that I enjoy my time here a lot more than I used to. I say this with all sincerity, don't let this forum or any other be a source of frustration to you, we are here because we enjoy something. Something you enjoy shouldn't also cause frustration.

Edited by Valo487

I wonder what your superiors at DST will have to say about that or do you NOT forget what almost happened to you last time?

Ooooohh Juicy!

.... the last thing this tangent needs is more fuel to the fire.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Generally, if someone tries to incite me on an internet board, I usually try to ignore it because after all they are just anonymous posters that I do not know.

I didn't even "try to incite you" and you didn't ignore my comments. ::shrugs:: Have a day just as wonderful as yourself.

I am closing this thread. I can't believe how childish some folks are being. Its a comic strip that was just a add on to a set of Minimates. GET OVER IT. All art is not for
everyone. You don't like it, move on. Do I really need to post that?

Also, lighten up Francis. Stop crying.