UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2014 pix

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had we seen this in earlier pictures?

DSC_00411.jpg

That looks great! You know, DST is my official feel good sponsor. Whenever I have so much to do that I barely get to sleep and in turn feel like a mess, Diamond is all like:

"You like X-Men son? Here's a Brotherhood"

"Wo-"

"You like Aliens right? Have some Predators"

"Wha-"

"Valiant"

"Wh-"

"GodzillaTheNightmareBeforeChristmas"

"W-"

"MassEffectDragonAgeTarantino"

TBH, minimates are the highlight of the cons for me. The mystery, the waiting and speculation game, in the end they are worth it for the reveals are usually a step above what we'd expect and not below.

"You like X-Men son? Here's a Brotherhood"

"Wo-"

"You like Aliens right? Have some Predators"

"Wha-"

"Valiant"

"Wh-"

"GodzillaTheNightmareBeforeChristmas"

"W-"

"MassEffectDragonAgeTarantino"

TBH, minimates are the highlight of the cons for me. The mystery, the waiting and speculation game, in the end they are worth it for the reveals are usually a step above what we'd expect and not below.

Yes. All of this.

I guess you'd be right in thinking I was looking forward to another Mr.Negative Minimate to keep me company but another Spidey,Wolverine & Iron Man

1523358_10205381035024759_46085321621754i took this. really the only ting now seen beside nightmare art.

Here was me hoping for another Mr.Negative ( to keep me companywink.png ) so the announcement of perhaps our 60th Wolverine ,60th Iron Man & 60th Spidey minimate wasn't what I was hoping for . The old Quicksilver 'mate was just fine except for the awful face & his hair ,his hairstyle is pretty unique & always has been ..........let's just hope for this in the new one pray.gif As for Mysterio ....I realise this is just 'art' but he looks amazingly like the Mysterio I have on my desk .......anybody want to sell me a misty cloud base ...or two...or six? Vision looks like a worthy addition & it would be nice if the factory could match up the Pantone Green of either of the previous two & then I might take some interest in doing a few QCs ....Greens are amongst the easiest colours to match IMHO in my extensive experience of colour-matching ....so let's just hope pray.gif

Looking forward to Ronan & Sentinels are always welcome.

Hey, BHM, I revealed all of those TRU 19 characters months ago. Not officially, but I posted teaser pics, and people here have known the line-up for a while.

I know you have everything, and know exactly where it is, but many people here do not have Mysterio or Quicksilver, and plenty of new collectors would love to start off their collections with those characters. Mysterio has gold details, and not green, and gets a smokey Strange base, but otherwise is the same as the original.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk or Iron Man is always going to anchor a TRU series, although you can probably add the Guardians to that list now. We're trying to pull in the casual, first-time buyer as well as service collectors, and while we want to do that at comic shops, too, that is where you'll see us get more obscure, a la Jubilee and Avalanche and Destiny.

Sorry this set will not be available for pre-order, I know there have been a lot of UK-unfriendly releases of late, but I dream of the day when Minimates are popular enough in the UK that a retailer over there can order an exclusive.

Nightmare was early control art for figures.

No 60 control art, just the solicitation photo.

No Godzilla art.

Predator is real. Nothing we can show yet.

I like to think that Zach isn't talking about Minimates, but that a Predator has overrun the Javits Center, and the government is keeping a lid on it.

I'm all for a comic wave but I could totally handle another series of movie-based Guardians. As with too many other movie assortments, this one seems truncated.

- GotG in prison outfits

- The Collector w/ Howard the Duck

- Star-Lord in short coat

- Korath

- Thanos

- More Novas, please!

Nightmare was early control art for figures.

No 60 control art, just the solicitation photo.

No Godzilla art.

Predator is real. Nothing we can show yet.

I like to think that Zach isn't talking about Minimates, but that a Predator has overrun the Javits Center, and the government is keeping a lid on it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who read it that way... lol

No chance they announced anymore Ghostbuster related mates, eh?

Actually, they did announce more GB mates, they just didn't show any. Go to the Predator thread,there the first post has a link. Click it and it'll take you to a page where it has a pic of a slide-show saying "more minimates" amongst other GB stuff (it's towards the bottom).

Edited by Kostisfire

I'm all for a comic wave but I could totally handle another series of movie-based Guardians. As with too many other movie assortments, this one seems truncated.

- GotG in prison outfits

- The Collector w/ Howard the Duck

- Star-Lord in short coat

- Korath

- Thanos

- More Novas, please!

TEASE. :'(

Hey, BHM, I revealed all of those TRU 19 characters months ago. Not officially, but I posted teaser pics, and people here have known the line-up for a while.

I know you have everything, and know exactly where it is, but many people here do not have Mysterio or Quicksilver, and plenty of new collectors would love to start off their collections with those characters. Mysterio has gold details, and not green, and gets a smokey Strange base, but otherwise is the same as the original.

Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk or Iron Man is always going to anchor a TRU series, although you can probably add the Guardians to that list now. We're trying to pull in the casual, first-time buyer as well as service collectors, and while we want to do that at comic shops, too, that is where you'll see us get more obscure, a la Jubilee and Avalanche and Destiny.

Sorry this set will not be available for pre-order, I know there have been a lot of UK-unfriendly releases of late, but I dream of the day when Minimates are popular enough in the UK that a retailer over there can order an exclusive.

I tend to steer clear of speculation threads but having now read through the TRU 19 thread I can now see the mid-September revelations ........but I still can't comment on Pietro's 'new' hair ...unless that has been revealed elsewhere ?

Regards "Wolverine,Spidey,Cap,Hulk & Iron Man ...anchoring a TRU series" .......that's a difficult thing to argue with especially as nigh on every TRU wave has contained at least two of them ...... Movie waves aside I can think of Wave 8 as the single exception . I have an opinion however that is other than yours .

Starting a collection with Mysterio in it isn't a bad idea but.... Quicksilver .............? mellow.png

Collecting Minimates from the UK ? 8 years on & it just gets harder .