UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mcfarlane Walking Dead Line

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its an awesome line, sort of wish I started collecting from day 1, as some of the older figures are getting expensive, but I just dont have space any more for much more new stuff. I'm happy with my Walking Dead Minimates to curb my WD addiction. but they are great figures.

IMAG0590-1_zps3b534558.jpg

It's an old display (I'm moving, and they're all packed away), but I love them. Definitely underappreciated. The TV line gets all the love (though I have added Bicycle Zombie, Daryl & Merle to my collection - they don't stand out too badly amidst these). I recently got Ezekial and the Andrea wave, but again, storage.

I'm really not loving the pivotal characters being made con exclusives, though. Riot Gear Governor is a great exclusive idea. But Negan, Ezekial, Jesus? What's next, a 2-pack of Carl & Sophia? dry.png

Edited by TENIME_art

i personally have pretty much most of the characters from the tv series but not much from the comics but now im trying to find a decently priced negan, but then ill want rick and dwight to go along with negan then andrea to go with rick and ezikiel and jesus to.......... and the slippery slope of collecting begins again

IMAG0590-1_zps3b534558.jpg

It's an old display (I'm moving, and they're all packed away), but I love them. Definitely underappreciated. The TV line gets all the love (though I have added Bicycle Zombie, Daryl & Merle to my collection - they don't stand out too badly amidst these). I recently got Ezekial and the Andrea wave, but again, storage.

I'm really not loving the pivotal characters being made con exclusives, though. Riot Gear Governor is a great exclusive idea. But Negan, Ezekial, Jesus? What's next, a 2-pack of Carl & Sophia? dry.png

well to be fair they're more of website exclusive than con exclusive it even says so right on the package i mean ezekiel is still available and negan was there for almost a year and jesus will be available aswell after the con

I used to collect the old Spawn figures until they basically turned into semi-poseable statues. It seems at that time that they also became very fragile too. I don't know how many I had that broke just by falling over. I loved the Predator and Aliens ones too, but they were just too fragile. My Alien Queen tipped over and her arm broke off at the socket. Sine then I swore off collecting any McFarlane figures. I have almost broke down and bought that Daryl and Merle set numerous times. I just can't pull the trigger though after my past experiences.

I picked up the McFarlane TWD Building Sets (Daryl w/ Chopper & The Governor's Room) at TRU today. Pretty cool, good detail and awesome light up specimen tank set up for pics. They also had blind bag figures.....jury is still out on those. Nice to come out of TRU with a surprise smile!

Got Darryl and chopper and 4 blind bagged figs today

IMG_20141013_151348.jpg

IMG_20141013_171003.jpg

Got Michonne, Carl, Pet Zombie and the adult female zombie in the blind bags. Ill be buying The Governor's room very soon, I love these and they take up such little space.

• 1 month later...

I think it goes through Saturday. Sundays are typically when the new ads/sales go on. I'm hoping to find some more series 6, hell even series 5. I got Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carl, Andrea, the new Governor, Glenn and the RV Zombie all for $10. If I could get Abraham, Carol, Maggie, Hershel, Tyreese and the Charred/Bungee Guts Walkers for the same price I would be one happy camper!

Thats what I thought, I was wrong. The only figures that have creeped up in price to an unnacceptable level are the first 4 walkers, and the shitty Ricks/Daryl/Shane from the first two series (that have all been rereleased in other ways for cheaper). The rest can be had for less than or pretty close to retail at the moment, you just need to know where to look. Amazon is great for online, and Walgreens is your best bet for brick and mortar.