UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Strain on FX created by Guillermo del Toro

Has anybody been watching The Strain on FX Network created by Guillermo del Toro?

It's based off of three books by del Toro and Chuck Hogan, which are all available by the way.

The season 1 finale is this Sunday night and I am loving this show. Highly recommended!

If you enjoy Walking Dead or Monsters in general, you'll love it.

I get a little bit of a Slither (James Gunn) vibe and some 1970's horror feel.

So of course, I had to make some quick customs.

The story is cool but the characters are what makes the show.

David Bradley (Filch from Harry Potter and Walder Frey from Game of Thrones) is a badass with a grudge and a sword cane!

Don't look at the pictures if you want to remain spoiler free because the main bad guy's look gradually gets revealed as season one progresses.

I didn't add any weapons, but you could def find stuff like Guns, Machetes, and Grenade Launchers (to substitute as Nail Guns). Maybe even the heavy duty flashlight from the Fire Fighters minimates.

post-6048-0-47727700-1412266891_thumb.jp

Gus, Dutch, and Fet

post-6048-0-81628600-1412266911_thumb.jp

Abrahaham, Ephraim, and Nora

post-6048-0-86848400-1412266933_thumb.jp

The Master and Eichorst

post-6048-0-83915600-1412266949_thumb.jp

Mr. Quinlan and The Born

I'm still figuring out some things and will probably change a bunch of their outfits. I think I may try and add a cutout cloth robe for the Master. Maybe I can make Abe's Sword Cane from a scabbard and something else.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/accTypes.php?i=6&n=Scabbards

Very cool. I read The Strain for a while and plan to pick up where I left off. I haven't missed an episode of the series. Very cool customs. The Master is cleverly done.

Cool customs. I haven't seen it as I don't have FX, but for Guillermo lovers, he is featured pretty heavily in a Drew Struzan documentary on Netflix. Apparently Guillermo commissioned Struzan to do posters for most of his films, and the studio kept rejecting them. It was a great documentary I would recommend.

Edited by karamazov80