UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How should I display my Minimates?

NerdyTrev

How many do you want to display? The Container Store sells a nice multi - tiered display box and you can fit 6-8 Minimates per tier.

MultiLevelDisplayBox_x.jpg

If you want to go bigger, and are near an Ikea, the Detolf cabinet is a staple for collectors. It's $65 for the full cabinet/shelves. Just get a riser for each shelf and you can get multiple levels per shelf.

detolf-glass-door-cabinet__72928_PE18917

Actually, display issues have led me to scale back my Minimates. The older ones are like dominoes unless you secure them somehow and I have been paying as much for those little disc stands as I have been for the actual Minimates. I built a display out of Lego, but thats not cheap either. I'd like to see a schematic of your tiered display Luke. Not the whole thing, just what makes up one section.

Keep an eye out for golf ball display cases at department stores. They sometimes pop up as gifts for guys during the holidays and go on clearance afterwards. I was able to pick up several for $7-15 at Target one year. The ones I have each fit 40 Minimates, all behind a glass door.

It's been a while since I shared pics of my set-up. Simple white IKEA Billy shelves with glass doors and expandable spice racks from the Container Store. Fairly economical both on cost and use of space. The spice rack tier height is almost ideal for minimates.

manroom5minimates2.jpg

manroom6minimates3.jpg

manroom7minimates4.jpg

manroom8minimates5.jpg

And just for context of the room…

manroom_1wide1.jpg

manroom2.jpg

manroom3.jpg

Holy moly, Mohawk wins!

I like those Hulk shelves! hulk.gif

Thanks! He's my second favourite after Spidey

Ooh what are those black shelves inside the black case? I like those a lot. I like the hanging black ones too but I'd probably get irritated by the empty space above each minimate.

The shelves are modified wsKdwnS.jpg debbie travis shelves. The hanging shelves are from Michael's. They are shotglass displays, I used them mostly for when my minimates were in the babies room. Now that I have a mancave, I can display them much more freely.

They're all great but I have to say that I am truly staggered ^ envious of Mohawk's set up.....unbelievable! I love it.

What's that white 'viper-looking craft ? Third tier down below the Galactus shelf..... amongst the Caps ?

That would be my custom comic Avengers Quinjet. When I first saw the stylized MiniMates BSG Viper the first thing I thought of was "Classic Qunijet!" I still need to print the "A" logo stickers one of these and finish it up. Once I do I will post some close up pictures.