UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bronze Meddling Wave 6: Villains for Hire [pg12]

elhonez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good man. I figured you were being generous... smile.png Let me know what you think. Again, I'll re-print the decal sometime, but my approach was: Deadman base, decals for the short sleeves, chest & belt, X3 Beast head, Snowbird hands, Colossus hair. X-Force boots. Sisko collar for the turtleneck.

19752286062_8ea0557034.jpg

Warhawk

On the seventh day of Fistmas, my ninja gave to me...

Hint: OK, time for the big guns. If he were a movie title, he'd be Philip Seymour Hoffman & Joaquin Phoenix mashed up with... [*he's had a lot of looks - I'm looking for the classic / bronze age look]

dbb.gif

Edited by elhonez

Thanks Netglow! I'm also bothered by the nostrils a bit. That plus whenever I see him pictured, he's got some kind of manic smile.

"Philip Phoenix," on the other hand, has got a pretty well-matched face with Kor the Klingon, said Hint #2.

Hey! Warhawk's got a pretty distinct look - metallic skin, bright red costume - very comic booky. It stands out on in a display. Plus all the parts for an accurate custom already exist - a little paint, a little decal work, and he's ready.

Yes! I'm happy now! yes.gif

Sorry, I promise I'll be less of a nerd when posting my next batch of obscure customs. But until then...

19759532795_51731ea9c2_z.jpg

Master Khan

It's basically BSG Lucifer, with an X-Acto trimmed Skrull collar glued to his chest. Head/hands = Kor, Hair = movie Mandarin painted black. Plus a decal for the Skrull collar. EZ.

On the... what, eighth? day of Fistmas, this s**t happened...

Hint: The only other dude on this list named after a weapon. Only it's not a Japanese weapon, but one more associated with the Middle East. He's made a modern comeback of sorts, but of course I made his 70s look.

Wow, he turned out really well! Doesn't sound like that hard a formula either. I might have to borrow that.

There's one character in particular I'm really hoping you do. He plays a major role in the very last issue of Power Man and Iron Fist. Don't want to say any more then that.

IronFist05-WhenSlaystheScimitar-10.jpg

19759532605_52e036f776.jpg

Scimitar

Mandarin hair, Akuma chest/arms, red gloves, Colossus boots, Daredevil legs (?), Phoenix belt painted white, vest painted red, face decal, a scimitar (maybe from one of the pirates? I forget). I was pleased with how this one turned out.

On the ninth day of Fistmas...

Hints: This guy is mega-weak, both as a villain and as my worst custom of the bunch. He was a last-minute addition, something I realized I could shoe-horn in if I cut some corners. I used Green Arrow's chest, for instance, but didn't even bother to trim the arrows off, because I didn't want to destroy a perfectly good GA figure for this mort. I think he comes from the same country as Scimitar here. His first name sounds like that campfire song, "___, my lord, ___" His last name is shared with that of a director known for making massive blockbusters of questionable artistic merit, but is spelled differently.

Edited by elhonez

khumbalabey_mainimage.jpg

19186718393_364179e552.jpg

Khumbala Bey

And YOU are... the weakest link! Hulk parts, Thing boots, Rufus arms/head, Cap crew cut hair, Cable belt, Green Arrow.

On the tenth day of Fistmas...

Hint: It takes some stones to use a definite article in front of your name, especially when your name might imply "army builder."

80s-stickers5.jpg

Edited by elhonez

ninjamasterkhan1.jpg

19812430091_809e186507.jpg

"The Ninja"

A hodgepodge of Foot Ninja & the dude from The Wolverine movie, with some black paint. And X-Force wrist & ankle bands, to simulate "ninja wraps." This dude was a powerful pawn of Master Khan.

So I think I'm as bored with this theme as everyone else, so...

On the 11th & 12th days of Fistmas...

Hint for 11: The grand finale of the O.G. Power Man & Iron Fist culminated in the "death" of "Iron Fist." But in true Marvel fashion, it turned out not to be him. But an... army builder?? WTF? I made one, because I'm sick in the head. Who died in the last issue of Power Man & Iron Fist??

Hint for 12: This is the dude that everyone with any bronze age sense would immediately think of if I said I was doing Iron Fist villains. Superman::Bizarro, Spider-Man::Venom, Iron Fist::??

Edited by elhonez

hylthri.jpg

19619601638_f97e379615.jpg

H'ylthri

The H'ythri are a race of extra dimensional plant-beings, I believe from K'un L'un. One was retconned to have shape-shifted to take Iron Fist's place, thus offering a nice excuse as to why he didn't really die at the end of PM/IF. So this is technically an army-builder. Sasquatch chest cap painted green, plus Groot, plus some ivy-textures printed out as shin and forearm decals, as well as a custom head decal.

Steel_Serpent.jpg

19186718103_3c4a798231.jpg

Steel Serpent

Story-wise, probably the most significant of these customs. Decals for forearms/shins/chest on a Darkstalkers Demitri base. Cannonball collar. Elektra loincloth & Iron Fist bandana carefully painted green. I also used a FA Ryu set of feet to have a guide to carefully paint-pen the slippers on. Fans of the Netflix Daredevil series will recognize his chest symbol as the same that appeared on Madame Gao's drug packets.

The ulterior motive...

There is one Iron Fist villain I can't bring myself to customize, because I think he deserves his own MiniMate. If Zach Oat is reading this, pass this on up to the top DST brass! I am talking about Constrictor, here. He buddied up with Sabretooth to square off against Power Man & Iron Fist as probably the most recognizable duo to do so in the original run. We've got FA Sabretooth, now we need this cat. And look at the precedents here...

Firstly, plastic. He's got a Marvel Legends figure, a Marvel Universe figure, he was one of the last Secret Wars waves in the 80s, he's got a collectible statue, a Bowen bust, a HeroClix...

19840831642_d1f10600c9_m.jpg19853150051_bcefd60f9e_m.jpg19822025496_ca1864d9d9_m.jpg19660181208_3793a7a57f_m.jpg

19853150281_16199e8197_m.jpg19853150201_3c9e35524a_m.jpg

Media - he's been in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, as well as the popular browser game Avengers Alliance...

19660208770_f7573d6cbf_m.jpg19822025766_2f235c88a2_m.jpg

Comics - he's a cover villain for sure, been up against heavies like Cap, Hulk, and Iron Man, and has been featured regularly in modern comics too.

19840831842_70d641f417_m.jpg19822025646_00bbd00367_m.jpg19822025356_21d6758bbe_m.jpg

It's time, man!

It would make a super-sweet MiniMate... he could come with coils to wrap around other MiniMates, like this Spider-Man piece...

acc0968_lg.jpg

[Hail Ivan]

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. But seriously! Constrictor in 2016! Schlichting in Sixteen!!

Edited by elhonez