UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bronze Meddling Wave 6: Villains for Hire [pg12]

elhonez

19737734961_481d7cf7c2.jpg

The mighty Chaka Khan, or just Chaka.

I used a paint pen to get the Cable vest & Little Red skirt orange, as well as the Deathstroke mask. I may touch up the vest with another coat - the first orange I used didn't work out, and layering was problematic for the second pen.

Face is a decal (obvs), and I made his sanjiegun by cutting up & glueing together Michelangelo's nunchaku, then paint-penning them black.

On the second and third days of Fistmas, my sensei gave to me...

Hint1: This is technically an army builder. I made three of them, one sortof distinctive from the rest, but only because I was one character shy of an even 12 for "Fistmas."

Hint2: There's a hint in the image Boyd posted.

Hint3: These... may technically have two different "looks." I picked one of them, the easier one to customize.

Have at it!

Edited by elhonez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19549488900_fe746436d2.jpg

19730311992_a488fd623d.jpg

Golden Tigers, street gear. "Leader" and "Soldiers", only because I needed to get to 12 customs for the whole theme here.

Pretty simple stuff - I made heavy use of Zombie Biker jackets & boots, also a Marty McFly jacket. The chests with tiger pendants & jacket backs are decals. Now, onward and upward...

On the fourth day of Fistmas, my sensei gave to me...

Hint: Give your best wolf whistle for the only female in the bunch.

BAM! Props to bigvis!

19742666561_c1db3282dc.jpg

Ferocia, in all her feral glory.

Basically: Blastaar limbs, Feral cap paint penned grey with Eric Masterson's ponytail glued on, B&W Wolfman paws with a light coat of the same grey to blend, a G. Goblin purple torso base, decals for face, chest, belt. Oh, and Domino's shoulder pads.

On the fifth day of Fistmas, my sensei gave to me...

Hint: This dude was the ONLY costumed thug I didn't get to from this episode of Avengers: EMH, when I was doing the Power Man villains (first post of this thread). Coincidentally, this is very topical due to the release of Ant-Man this week, based on the same story from the comics.

Edited by elhonez

hellpop: hellyeah, and boyd: true dat on both counts. Excellent work. Pic & Clue tonight!

In the meantime, if you want to make your own Scythe, Honez-style, think Chuck Norris-guy from TMNT legs & feet w/ shins trimmed, a red chest, Hand Ninja vest, flesh arms with bronze wrist bands, X-Force Wolvie head, and the hair of Tony Stark from some Iron Man I had a s#%t - ton of, prob the one that came with Stilt-Man. I took the belt from Zangief, just to have some yellow in there. The real magic is the weapon... a very carefully trimmed & glued mashup of GoGo Yubari's meteor hammer and a Foot Ninja's kama.

Edited by elhonez

Right? Now there's a guy who has gotten next to no love in the toy department... He's someone I refuse to customize on principle - important enough to merit his very own DST-crafted MiniMate. I think he's next in line after my current, long-standing "campaign" for Classic Falcon & Constrictor.

His name rarely comes up as a big want/need in any toy line, which is a darn shame because he's such a great character and his book ran for so long. I did make him a few years ago. Pretty easy with Street Fighter parts.

19733360536_5a95feb21f.jpg

Scythe, kusarigama and all.

On the sixth day of Fistmas, my sensei gave to me...

Hint: Colossus ain't the only dude in the MU with steel hard skin. There is another, who shares his name with a video game that may have been one of the launch titles for PS3. [EDIT: OK, turns out it wasn't a launch title. But it was an important early title from 2007]

Edited by elhonez

Picture? biggrin.png

Actually boyd, this one didn't come out so well due to a printing issue. But the decals designs themselves are pretty OK I think... I'll re-print at some point, but it's good enough for rock n' roll right now.