UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bronze Meddling Wave 6: Villains for Hire [pg12]

elhonez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

It's been a while since I've updated this... looks like 5.5 years? 

I may have something fun to update here in March if I can squeeze in some custom time. Nearly done with a batch of 8 that are mostly QCs. The "mostly" part is the rub -- the last mile requires some paint, some x-acto action, and some some glue.

I don't know how to give a hint that wouldn't make it obvious though.

Update: My lazy posterior has finally ordered the matte white spray paint I need to finish this "wave" of eight. Which is in no way a hint of any useful kind, TBH. And for "reasons" I've decided A) to rebrand my customs "Bronze Meddling," and B ) that this wave is actually Wave15, which may on the surface seem to be banana pants (but I have plans).

I also recognize no one is asking for these updates, but I'm doing this to hold myself accountable. :)

Edited by elhonez

• elhonez changed the title to Bronze Meddling Wave 15: [ - - - - - - - _ - - - - - - - - -]
  • elhonez changed the title to Bronze Meddling Wave 15: Howling Commandos (p5)
  • 1 year later...

I think I caught a similar bug Freaqualizer, and the relationship will be apparent when I finally get around to posting the next batch. I think I'm only holding out now on a single chest block, an alternate hand, and some very light painting.

• 5 months later...

Six months later...

I kept tweaking and adjusting, and I ended up needing to source more hands, accessories, and a new head. Everything is assembled, more or less. Now it's just that "light" painting, and photography left over. But finding the time to set up and knock out any painting is proving difficult. So maybe in another six months? Hopefully less.

(it's also super silly and will be anti-climactic, because these are the Q-est of Cs you've ever seen)

Edited by elhonez

• elhonez changed the title to Bronze Meddling Wave 21: ??? (TBD)

Pics soon of what I might call a "potboiler" wave for its ludicrous simplicity. With the exception of some minor acrylic color. 

After that, I need to get much better at painting. I'm looking into all sorts of stuff I swore I'd never do, like model paints, wet palettes, brush techniques... it's a sickness. Ah well.

(this next-next wave is also "QC" in that it's decal-free, but it requires much more paint than I'm accustomed to)

But for the potboiler, maybe it'll light a fire under me to get those pics done and edited if we play a game? I dunno. All my custom groupings have a code name. The Howlers were "Wah-Hoo." Let's play hangman:

__ __ __ __ __ __ __      __ __ __

6 hours ago, elhonez said:

Pics soon of what I might call a "potboiler" wave for its ludicrous simplicity. With the exception of some minor acrylic color. 

After that, I need to get much better at painting. I'm looking into all sorts of stuff I swore I'd never do, like model paints, wet palettes, brush techniques... it's a sickness. Ah well.

(this next-next wave is also "QC" in that it's decal-free, but it requires much more paint than I'm accustomed to)

But for the potboiler, maybe it'll light a fire under me to get those pics done and edited if we play a game? I dunno. All my custom groupings have a code name. The Howlers were "Wah-Hoo." Let's play hangman:

__ __ __ __ __ __ __      __ __ __

Is there an H in that codename?