UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Going to SDCC?

Shanester

I thought this should be rehashed.

If you are going to go to SDCC 2006, let us know. Hopefully, we can all meet up.

I will only be there one full day (Friday). After that, I am off to Hawaii to commit suicide to get married. :o

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going to be there for the whole weekend.. mostly cos I live there... no not at the Convention Center silly!

As Shane says post and let us know when you're going to be here and we'll organise a meetup or two... and yes for those that cant come we'll get pix...

T.

Even though I live in San Diego, I just found out that I will most likely be out of town for work that weekend. I am going to try and be back on Saturday, so I will have to wait and see.

So what's the word on the street about minimate exclusives at SDCC? I remember hearing something about a Thor/Loki 2-pack last year but it seems that was just a rumor.

I guess we'll find out for sure in a few weeks. If there are exclusives at the show can one of you fine gentlemen that are attending pick me up a couple?

So what's the word on the street about minimate exclusives at SDCC? I remember hearing something about a Thor/Loki 2-pack last year but it seems that was just a rumor.

I guess we'll find out for sure in a few weeks. If there are exclusives at the show can one of you fine gentlemen that are attending pick me up a couple?

Word On the street and from chuck was no minimate exclusives....

AFX have announced their exclusives and there's no minimates, not surprising since it's '1 yr later' and last years figuers are on clearance at their store.

I dont think we will see and 'con exclusive' minimates this year.....

T.

OK so inorder to organise peeps we need to know when you'll be here, last year a few folks missed each other because they were here at different days! etc..

Drop me a PM with when you'll be here and I'll post it in one easy to see post and update it as we get closer!

T.

p.s. Don stop lurking and signup for the meetup ;)

I'm not getting my hopes up but you have to admit the arrival of the BA Comics/Red Cross exclusive came out of nowhere. And I'm pretty sure this was after a lot of talk about there being no blanks planned for the year. The SDCC is too large a venue to simply pass on. Can AA and DST afford to be one of the companies that don't have some sort of exclusive to offer? And have they ever gone to the SDCC without some sort of exclusive?

Again, the rose-colored glasses are off, but I think we might be surprised. And I'm talking about being surprised by exclusive minimates not surprised at how much the British contingent can drink! :P

Can AA and DST afford to be one of the companies that don't have some sort of exclusive to offer? And have they ever gone to the SDCC without some sort of exclusive?

DST Has Exclusives... Just not minimate Exclusives...

AA normally sell somethign recent repackaged and re-giggled, last yrs FF set was an example, my guess is that we will see them pushing marvel 12&13 instead of an exclusive... maybe 12&13 will be their exclusive.

T.

AA normally sell somethign recent repackaged and re-giggled, last yrs FF set was an example, my guess is that we will see them pushing marvel 12&13 instead of an exclusive... maybe 12&13 will be their exclusive.

I'd be up for something "repacked and re-giggled" as long as there's something!

The point was there has been nothing to repack or rejiggle... At SDCC it will be a full year since the last wave of anything that isn't Street Fighter and I think they have burnt out on variants of them.

$10 says there will be Marvel 12&13 or maybe the BSG wave and nothing else.

T.

I'll take that action, Tim. But let's make it $5...Shanester's got most of my money now!

I say there'll be some kind of Minimate exclusive at the SDCC...

The point was there has been nothing to repack or rejiggle... At SDCC it will be a full year since the last wave of anything that isn't Street Fighter and I think they have burnt out on variants of them.

T.

That's a bet I know all too well to take!(and you know it!)

I agree. No Marvel Minimate exclusives, just the usual stuff.

I thought this should be rehashed.

If you are going to go to SDCC 2006, let us know. Hopefully, we can all meet up.

I will only be there one full day (Friday). After that, I am off to Hawaii to commit suicide to get married. :o

Hey congrats on the marrige :D:D:D

B)