UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What comics are people currently reading?

THE_CRIPPLER

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw what did you did there!

Bill!

Don't you get it son, that's a joke!

• 1 month later...

Well, I decided to read Age of Ultron last week. I really didn't care for it. As a matter of fact I don't even remember the whole story. That's how much of an impression it left on me. I'm going to read the X-cutioners Song next. I haven't read that story since it originally came out and I remember liking it a lot.

Age of Ultron was really really bad. I'm no Bendis fan, but even by his standards it was poor, far worse then either House of M or Secret Invasion.

Just got a new batch of trades from Instocktrades.com the other day, so I'm getting caught up. Just read the last volume of Mark Waid's first Daredevil run, and I'll be reading the first trade of V2 tonight. I also started reading the collection of the Morbius the Living Vampire series, and man was it lame.

I'm no Bendis fan,

laugh.png Pretty sure you don't need to add the qualifier at this point HP, you were arguing that he was the worst comics writer of all time a few months back!

Well, he did turn GotG into a bumbling mess of awfulness and we're what, 3 or 4 months into the will of Xavier, and that still hasn't been resolved. So yeah, I wouldn't say that he's the worst, but he's nowhere near the best.

Bendis is an interesting case to me. Hes a prolific writer and his content does resonate with a lot of people for sure. Hes not my favorite but he has done work that show me his merit.

Anyway i really only read Guardians for Valero Schiti's art and Uncanny right now for Kris Anka (who is probably the best artist marvel currently has and they have a lot of great names so thats saying something)

While I do tend to pick up a lot of books weekly, Hickmans New Avengers and Avengers are still my current favorites. I honestly think its the strongest Avengers arc ive ever read

I was picking up both GotG and UX for the art and the characters, but after 20 issues of mediocrity and the fact that each one cost about 4.50 euros, I couldn't justify anymore.

Under Ellis Moon Knight was favourite title, but now it's a toss up between New Avengers and Guardians 3000. I really do feel like an idiot for not pulling Avengers though, seeing how this and NA are basically one book right now.

Can someone tell me what order to read the Spider-verse comics in? I read ASM 7, but stopped after that. I have all the ASM, SSM, Edge of Spider-verse, and Spider-verse comics that have come out thus far, but have no idea what order to read them in. I also have Scarlet Spiders 1, and 2, but am thinking to read those after I'm done with the Spider-verse storyline?? I'm bored as hell at work lately and am trying to get caught up on some reading in my down time.