UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Buck Rogers TV Show Minimates!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be helmets, yes, and Ardala may even have a regular hair piece.

Theopolis is not removable that I know of.

Vehicles are something that we have discussed, but would likely not happen without the support of a major retailer, which seems unlikely.

I do have to wonder if these are going to draw enough interest to actually see release, though. It's not like Buck Rogers is exactly a hot property, and it has less pop-culture cache than Lost in Space, which wasn't deemed popular enough for a full box set. Not trying to be a downer, but I think there's a good chance this set won't see enough orders to go into production.

I do have to wonder if these are going to draw enough interest to actually see release, though. It's not like Buck Rogers is exactly a hot property, and it has less pop-culture cache than Lost in Space, which wasn't deemed popular enough for a full box set. Not trying to be a downer, but I think there's a good chance this set won't see enough orders to go into production.

I disagree. Buck Rogers is one of those properties that collectors in their 30's and up would remember from their childhood, like Knight Rider, A-Team, Battlestar Galactica, etc. It might not have the same weight as BSG given its 2004 reboot but I think you'll be surprised by how many people fondly remember this show. If anything hurts the set it would be the character selection. Buck and Wilma are a given but I think Hawk would be more recognizable than Tiger Man to casual collectors. But I totally understand DSTs logic in their selections, breaking them up by season (at least that's what I interpret from Zach's comments). I think they'd be more desirable if there were 2 box sets released at the same time, season 1 and season 2 that way folks would feel more comfortable buying in to the property.

I know collectors like to see that a line has legs, but offering two items from the same line at the same time would pretty much mean we would sell half as many of each. We try not to do that, unless there are timing issues.

I think this set will do well with retailers, and hopefully the consumers are there, as well!

(I come back from vacation to this? How long do I have to stay away for Planet of the Apes?)

Erin Grey helped me through puberty so I'm all in. I do have to say I'm a little surprised DST isn't going with the tried & true Lost in Space formula of launching with a convention exclusive 2-pack (Buck and Twiki) with a Twiki bottle opener and an electronic Twiki somewhere down the road.

Unless orders are very, very, VERY low, they should move forward.

Everyone pre-order, if not from Luke, then from your local comic shop. They can order an individual set for you, and you alone, even if they aren't ordering for anyone else. Just give them the item code.