UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NEW Minimate Factory Customizing Blog

mmf_zps065c7588.png

The Minimate Factory Customizing Blog Redesigned and Relaunched

I started the Minimate Factory blog back in October 2008, and with the site's 7 year anniversary coming up, I thought it was time to redesign it from scratch and make it even better! This redesign is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I hope you like it. The updated site has the following new features and additions:

The new site is also easier for me to update which means I will update it more often! I have already brainstormed a list of 20 new posts, the first of which will be a guest post on a new customizing tool, followed by a 2 part series on molding and casting.

You can see all of the new additions at the Minimate Factory Customizing Blog: http://minimatefactory.com

And now I have a question for you: If there was a user gallery on this site, where you could upload pictures of your customs, would you use it?

I would definitely post my customs on there once I'm settled into my new house and can get back into making customs after a 3 year hiatus.

One question for you Luke. I used to use waterslide decals for customs and I now see people using stickers. In your opinion, what is the best to use when making decals?

I would definitely post my customs on there once I'm settled into my new house and can get back into making customs after a 3 year hiatus.

One question for you Luke. I used to use waterslide decals for customs and I now see people using stickers. In your opinion, what is the best to use when making decals?

Sticker paper used to be inferior to waterslide decal paper, but now I prefer the newer laser vinyl sticker paper. It is very thin and MUCH easier to use than decal paper. Plus it has the added benefit of being able to wrap around much of the Minimate body, which means less painting and a more professional look overall.

Cool! As I've said to you many times before, your work on the Factory is really what pushed me to jump in the deep end with customizing. Whenever I see newbie customizers asking for advice, I always point them to the factory. It's all you need!

As far as uploading to a user gallery, I would definitely use it. I usually upload my stuff to both my blog and my thread here (when I get around to it!), so it would be just one more stop. But I think it would be really cool to have one place where you'd have a bunch of different user gallerys, that would be a bit easier to browse then the customs threads here.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered a pack of 10 assorted colours from Amazon as it was cheaper than buying the individual colours I needed. It should save me a lot of time and stress when doing glove tops and bits.

• 2 weeks later...

question, I understand why you wouldn't run a marker around the edge of flesh or white stickers, but is there any reason for the marker in the first place other than to minimise the amount of white paper?

I've never did customising other than kitbashing some together, and DFoS will be my first attempt with stickers

Edited by JoeyCrypts

• 1 month later...

Rob has posted many times over the years about his use of a soapy water bath for Minimates. So. . . . .at least you're not alone Luke laugh.png

I've used a feather duster on my display before. Though it's not a perfect solution, it's something you can do quickly and it helps. I couldn't be motivated to clean each figure one by one. Even with my display of a measly 100-200 figures, it would take way more time than I could justify.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...