UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lion-O's Foot : A Tale Of Horror

• 1 month later...

I love closure.

I recently brought some Minimates into work to share with a coworker. I was reluctant to take them out of the bags for fear of losing a part but, hey, they're meant to be played with. We checked them out, put them on their bases, and displayed the additional accessories on the stands.

At the end of the day I was putting them back into the bags to take home and absent-mindedly picked one figure up, still attached to its base. Two accessories resting on the stand fell to the floor. One was easy to find. The other – a hand – blended in with the carpet perfectly. I spent an extra 30 minutes after work scouring my immediate area on my hands and knees (a Friday night, no less) to no avail. This thing was going to end up in a vacuum cleaner, I just knew it.

I came it the next day and, with the advantage of sunlight, took another look around. Still nothing.

Sunday afternoon I realized the one place I hadn't bothered looking was in the treads of my sneakers. I imagined that tiny piece of plastic getting wedged up in there and ending up in the parking lot or in my car or anywhere else I went over the weekend. I checked those treads, hoping beyond hope that it was caught in the bottom of my sneakers but, no, nothing. I did a little backtracking here and there but for the most part was getting discouraged.

Monday morning I took another glance around my office and after looking in vain under my desk, around my chair, and anywhere within bouncing vicinity, I resigned myself to the fact that it was gone forever. I was just going to have to buy an extra one. Lesson learned.

Tuesday morning I walked into work and actually felt the damned thing as I stepped on it. There it was, in plain view, right next to my chair. I'm just glad the custodian only vacuums the floors once a week.

Life is good.