UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lion-O's Foot : A Tale Of Horror

I'll keep this short, as clearly, in the past I have been one of the least articulate posters here.

All actions below were performed by me,as far as I can remember in said order.

-Stores Thundercats Minimates in Minimates carrying case.

- Occasionally play with them with my son, who is very nice to them.

- Lion-O's foot almost always falls out.

- Opens up Thundercats mates after a week of not playing with them...finds Lion-O's foot missing.

- Proceeds to turn entire house upside down looking for Minimate foot.

- At this point not sure if it has been painted over, or lost or eaten by Minimate demons.

Does this happen to anyone? Is there any easy way to procure a Lion-O foot? A cheap mate with the same colored feet?

Anyone want to send me one? I will give you four assorted feet for 1 Lion-O foot...am I freaking out for lack of a better phrase? YES!

I am not a fan of being a completionist, unsure whether it is some unfulfilled childhood need or OCD or something sillier. But when it hits, it hits me hard. Next fiasco I assume will be procuring Pathfinder promos in a timely fashion.

/end rant

While it won't help you get your Lion-O foot back, in the future, if you have a loose joint (foot, hand, etc.) the best idea is to put a thin coat of nail polish or super glue (I actually use nail glue for artificial nails) over the peg. This bulks the peg just slightly and generally helps to prevent loose joints. The stuff I use dries in 3-10 seconds and does not ruin the paint on the Minimate.

And, yes, I lose Minimate parts all the time. Sometimes I find them quickly, other times it can take a week and the part turns up in the weirdest if places. Good luck with your Lion-O.

Yup, same thing happened to one of my most beloved MMs... Wave 28 Deadpool

I rotate what is on display from time to time, other than that I store them in their original boxes. So I took him out of the package and discovered the silver gun with the black handle was missing somehow. It had been a while since I took this particular fig out so I have no idea when, where or how it was lost. Still haven't found it.

I've been moving the household this past couple of weeks and the number of toy pieces that have shown up as furniture is moved and closets emptied is surprising. So hang in there, fatcow, in a few years you could have a complete Lion-O again! :)

I don't you can use that, young Lion-O foot peg is a piece with the leg.

Send me a PM I will send you the foot. since I have an extra Lion-O from some flea market.

But you must wait since I'm from Singapore so it might take awhile to reach you, if you are fine with it

• 4 weeks later...

I once had the SDCC Vacation Zombie disappear on me (I think while I was at work) Of course he chose to take off after the price had risen quite a bit but I was lucky and found a loose one on ebay for a cheap price to replace him

I remember we (me and my little bro) couldn't find our GI Joe R.A.M cycle. It was my go to joe vehicle, and usually first or second pick. I was more fond of the smaller vehicles in the line, also the polar battle bear. Well it was lost for a few months when I found it... buried under some stuff in the dining room. The front wheel was broke, and my brother confessed that he broke it and didnt want me to get mad, so he hid it. That was almost thirty years ago, and I'm still mad that he hid it, I would have rather just known it was broke. I was about 10 or 11, and he was 7 or 8 at the time.

So, my suggestion is to look in the dining room, then interrogate your little brother!

To make things worse, Sherbetice was nice enough to send me a foot all the way from Singapore...for free...and *drum roll please*...

I get the envelope with a tiny hole in it. Apparently the foot scratched through the plastic bag it was in and the envelope...I proceeded to kicked my mail box, which is the apartment buildings mailbox...which caused some issues.

I am a sad man.

I haven't found a similarly painted foot, and its driving me up the f-ing wall. If it was a few months prior I would have been able to just purchase a new set of T-cats entirely but right now my minimate budget is severely restricted, essentially non-existent.

LION-OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I have every Thundercats set but am missing Lion-O. I have been searching on Ebay for months for a Lion-O minimate with no luck. I found a cheap mint Lion-O auction the other day and was so happy until I got a closer look at the pic. Lion-O was missing both his feet plus his claw shield. I was so heartbroken. The seller said he was correct stating Lion-O was mint condition, but told me he never stated the figure was complete. So according to his logic I could sell an old G.I. Joe or Star Wars figure with a missing head and label it as mint as long as the paint app on the rest of the body looks to be perfect?? wacko.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...