UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

50 custom Buffy & Angel minimates (page 2) updated 9/23/16 - Joe Hill's Custom Minimates

• 1 month later...

I'm reposting my Buffy/Angel collection since it seems to have been lost in the update.  

First, the BUFFY good guys:

Buffy, Willow, Xander

BuffyTeam1_sm.jpg

Giles, Anya, Spike, Dawn

BuffyTeam2_sm.jpg

Oz, Ms. Calendar, Tara, Riley

BuffyTeam3_sm.jpg

Clem, Buffybot, Principal Wood, Andrew

BuffyTeam4_sm.jpg

Second, the ANGEL good guys:

Angel, Cordelia, Wesley

AngelTeam1_sm.jpg

Gunn, Fred, Conner, Lorne, Doyle

AngelTeam2_sm.jpg

Kate, the Groosalugg, Puppet Angel, Illyria, Harmony

AngelTeam3_sm.jpg

Lastly, the BUFFYVERSE villains

The Master, Drusilla, The Mayor, Faith

BuffyVillains1_sm.jpg

Adam, The Gentleman, Glory, Warren & Dark Willow

BuffyVillains2_sm.jpg

The Bringer, Ubervamp, Caleb, and The First Evil

BuffyVillains3_sm.jpg

Lilah, Lindsey, Darla

AngelVillains1_sm.jpg

Holtz w/ Baby Conner, The Beast, Jasmine, Hamilton

AngelVillains2_sm.jpg

Thanks all who responded previously!

Edited by Joe Hill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

Resurrecting this thread. Did you ever post recipes for these? I'm seriously missing my Buffy these days and these look great.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:59 PM, thereasonsy said:

Last week was the celebration of 20 years of Buffy which made me really nostalgic for that show. I think they'd make great mates but I remember the Palisade debacles. Is there a chance of Diamond ever getting their hands on the license and doing it right? 

So let me get this right .......... a week ago Buffy Palz were "debacles"  now they "look great" ?:Dunno:

15 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

So let me get this right .......... a week ago Buffy Palz were "debacles"  now they "look great" ?:Dunno:

You didn't get it right. You are asking about two different things. Joe Hill's customs? Yeah, they look great which is why I am asking for the recipes in his thread. Those are different then the officially released Palz. I wasn't a fan of the line. I own a few but I had issues specifically due to their hands, the size of the figures, the weird breast plate. What I did like was the number of accessories that came with them, the hair pieces, character selection, build-a-figure, and that you could get a "change of clothes" in them. Even though it was innovative with how they did things it wasn't a profitable business plan. The company declared bankruptcy and shut down which is a debacle. Clear?   

Clear .

Joe Hill's custom Buffy Minimates are superb .  

I'm aware of Palisades bankruptcy but I'm also aware of the tremendous respect that many people had for the toys Palisades made . Palz sucked in many ways & many of the Buffy Palz were .....let's say .....odd . The X-files Palz however were just plain superb IMHO & as I recently said (somewhere here)  the X-Files minimates were ....unfortunately ...a disappointment to me .

Bankruptcy happens ....it's not necessarily an indication of a bad product .   

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments! In my opinion, the Buffy and X-Files PALZ were hit and miss. One thing I respected for both lines is that Palisades seemed to be huge fans of both shows.  A lot of the Buffy PALZ came with cool, alternate looks and very character specific accessories.  I even tried to replicate some of the character likenesses from the PALZ line and incorporate them into my custom collection. The figures themselves were not exactly the best made, often with broken joints right out of the package. However, that happens frequently in early figure lines.

As for posting recipes, that would be EXTREMELY hard... mainly because most of the figures were made back in 2014.  I know Buffy's hair is painted from Lara Croft... after that it gets a little hazy. A lot of the hair pieces and weapons were custom sculpts. I also recently have become nostalgic for Buffy/Angel with the 20-year anniversary.  I started to update some of the figures with better facial decals, thanks to Luke's Toy Store Decal Sticker Paper.  Previously I used a clear decal with a printed face, which lost a lot of the detail. Now that I have a better printer, I was able to match the skin tone to many of the minimates, allowing for a better, more crisp facial likeness.

If you want your own Buffy, here are the decals, all you need is blonde hair, a black upper body, and some appropriate pants:

Buffymate.jpg.dc6b27dec7d0c268c8a8f2ab331a6ae9.jpg

BuffyHead_SkDecal.jpg

BuffyChest.jpg

And a fun Scooby Gang pic (with some of the new facial decals, thanks Luke's Toy Store!):

IMG_0814_c.thumb.jpg.4f6187d1dac127a1aba132cee613eb7c.jpg

Edited by Joe Hill

• 2 years later...