UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond Select Maximates

MisterPL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to convince my friend Hiroyuki for a long time to make 8-inch maximate, totally fully articulated as a minimate. This thread will be very helpful to show him the interest of more people. Sentinel (at least 3), Galactus and Giant-Man are the firsts of my list.

By the way, you guys can see his customs over here: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=12869&page=1.

Also, it was recently confirmed that the Marvel Select X-Men: Days of Future Past Mystique has been cancelled because Jennifer Lawrence didn't want to participate in the category.

Aw, that sucks. I didn't even know we were gonna get one, but I would've bought it. confused.gif

I suggest Jennifer Lawrence's slot be filled with a Giant Man.

I'd like to fill her slot... whistling.gif

If we did get maxi-mates, yes I would like characters like Galactus and Giant-man and the Sentinels, but also I would appreciate characters such as the Living Tribunal or maybe even Eternity.

Also I think it would be beneficial for them to put a standard sized 'mate in with them.

Galactus: Silver Surfer

Sentinel: *sigh* Wolverine

Giant-Man: Regular sized Hank Pym? or Wasp?

If we did get maxi-mates, yes I would like characters like Galactus and Giant-man and the Sentinels, but also I would appreciate characters such as the Living Tribunal or maybe even Eternity.

Also I think it would be beneficial for them to put a standard sized 'mate in with them.

Galactus: Silver Surfer

Sentinel: *sigh* Wolverine

Giant-Man: Regular sized Hank Pym? or Wasp?

What if the Wolverine was transparent with an adamantium skeleton printed on it? That would be a combo pack worth picking up multiples of.

• 4 weeks later...

DST does marvel banks right? Is there something contract wise preventing some big vinyl banks that look like minimates? Is this something they could look into?

If they can do vinyl banks, and they can do marvel select figures, is it possible to do a marvel select sized minimate in marvel select packaging as like a crossover item? Setting up one of these options for a convention exclusive might be easier to get the ok on, and a con exclusive large scale vinyl or rotocast minimate with no articulation I think would still do very well. Im going to have to ask DST about this.

I asked this to Chuck at C2E2. He said that they don't currently have a Marvel bank license. I had asked about a generic blank or white Minimate shaped bank (for customs) and he said that without a license to sell it, the manufacturing costs would be too prohibitive for the price point they want to achieve. However, if they were to produce a Minimate shaped bank of a licensed character like Spider-Man, whose details would all be tampo applications, then once they had the mold created they could possibly reuse that mold for something else at a later date.

He actually rattled off the production costs/per unit numbers then and there, it was impressive.

Regarding the idea of "Minimates Select", he said they only get to produce X amount of Select figures per year, and if they dedicated a spot to a "Minimates Select" figure it might not go over very well with the Marvel Select fans.

Edited by youbastards

Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of them trying to go outside of their usual boundaries for con exclusives. Con boxsets are cool, but so many companies go crazy on con exclusives these days.

Even if it isn't doable, I'd be happier knowing they ask about new ideas like this all the time. We did eventually get that goblin glider...

Interesting. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of them trying to go outside of their usual boundaries for con exclusives. Con boxsets are cool, but so many companies go crazy on con exclusives these days.

Even if it isn't doable, I'd be happier knowing they ask about new ideas like this all the time. We did eventually get that goblin glider...

I agree there may be something cool about a marvel select figure at a Minimate size and a Minimate figure at a Marvel select size. Although with my luck they will be either: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Cap, Wolvie or Hulk. None of these things solving my Sentinel or Giant-Man issues.

Edited by thereasonsy

• 1 year later...

Binoboi customs on Facebook. Sentinels are $100, steep but maybe we could show him how many customers might be interested in a lower price range? I mean how much would you guys be willing to pay for maximates? I think I'd definitely be down for $50? At the same time though I do realize this guy is a one man production line and such XD 

anywho thought I'd share for those of you who didn't know about him. 

IMO, as well painted as Binoboi's Sentinels are painted, $100 is not bad.  I don't like the bolts showing at the joints, but it looks to me that he has put in a lot of quality work for that $100.  The mass produced Maximates were not $50 so why would a quality custom be?

True, I hope it didn't seem like I didn't think it was worth that much or that he didn't deserve that much. I tried to include that in my post but it may have been unclear. I just know cost is a big factor for many people wanting to collect and $100 is hard for some people to afford. Then again it's not like we need them, haha.