UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

Could it be the Muir Island Team? We could have Forge, Banshee and Guido as the new characters and a Polaris re-do. Maybe the figures could come with extra heads to make Legion, Syrin, Moira and Madrox or even Amanda Sefton. They fought the Reavers, wich would be great in minimate form!

f3f245ef5996cd39f6fe2b727fd24064.jpg

Edited by Gregio

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down with 90s X-Men.

Yeah, after all the AoA and Jim Lee styled X-Men stuff, I'm done with '90s X-Men, as well. We've had more than enough, and now it's time for more '70s and '60s designs.

Oh wait, you said "down." Sorry. I'm only down with Excalibur from the early '90s.

Edited by karamazov80

Muir Island mutants would be great.... but are they a bit of a risky choice? There's no big name in this line-up. And i thought i remembered Zach saying something about wave 60 completing 2 teams?

Also - i think i'd rather get Moira in her lab coat and Yellow and pick jump-suit :D

Okay, so...

Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob

Vs.

Banshee

Forge

Storm/Jubilee/Psylocke

Wolverine/Gambit

Banshee and Forge would need new/distinct pieces/tampos, but Wolverine, Gambit, and the ladies could all get away with reused parts (though a new head for Jubilee, at least, would be awesome)

Banshee and Forge are your two brand new characters, Storm is your new figure, and Wolverine is your redo. Your new gimmick is packing out most of a wave with alternate parts for team building. Your two teams are complete. And you've got a BIT more cache than the Muir Island team, I'd argue.

Otherwise it's...

Banshee/Strong Guy

Forge/Legion

Polaris/Amanda

Wolverine/Moira(? )

Edited by Mnemosis

I'm down with 90s X-Men.

Yeah, after all the AoA and Jim Lee styled X-Men stuff, I'm done with '90s X-Men, as well. We've had more than enough, and now it's time for more '70s and '60s designs.

Oh wait, you said "down." Sorry. I'm only down with Excalibur from the early '90s.

The 90s was my big comic reading era, so I'm down for almost anything from that time. But I'm also a fan of cool minimate designs. My two biggest wishes are Shang Chi and an Marvel Girl in her green skirt/yellow mask.

Strong Guy would be a great next step to working on finishg PAD's ... 2nd? X-Factor.

Speaking of which... All New X-Factor would make a great boxset too, lol. Gambit, Danger, Polaris, and Quicksilver, with a 2 pack of Doug/Warlock, lol.

Wow, really? I couldn't hate All New X-Factor more if I tried. It's the X-Statix of the brand for me

Strong Guy would be a great next step to working on finishg PAD's ... 2nd? X-Factor.

Speaking of which... All New X-Factor would make a great boxset too, lol. Gambit, Danger, Polaris, and Quicksilver, with a 2 pack of Doug/Warlock, lol.

Wow, really? I couldn't hate All New X-Factor more if I tried. It's the X-Statix of the brand for me

I love the character work. The most recent issues between Pietro, Luna, and Crystal were amazing.

It's the X-Statix of the brand for me

And that's bad because....?

As a child of the early 90s, the X-family is pretty set in stone for me. Kyle and Yost's New X-Men are the exception to that rule. Generation X never really caught on with me, even. But that whole X-Force/X-Statix book never grabbed me, probably due in large part to Allred's art, which I've only ever truly liked on silver surfer.

(To be fair, I never read Madman)

Edited by Mnemosis

There's been a lot of positive remarks from AskDST recently (including today's) about Sunfire & Banshee and aknowledgement that they are 'over-due'.

Could these two be in Wave 60? That would finish off the GSXM gang. AND it would leave 6 spots open to complete whoever the other team is. In fact - 6 spots is enough for another whole team. You could fit most of Freedom Force in there, or the FA Brotherhood.

Yes, some of what I asked about is in the works! Now if I could just remember what my line-ups were..... Either way it's something from these 5:

1)An ALL-NEW Marvel NOW! Wave

2)A second T-Bolts box set to finish the new team.

3)An X-Men comic wave (maybe some of the figs in my line-up will be in 60 if it is indeed an X Wave)

4)Story/themed wave.

5)Supernatural Marvel

I'm leaning towards some of my X wave figs being in 60 and an All-New NOW! wave coming in 2015 with maybe both new GR and Johnny GR (+ red venom armor and mask) to finish the T-Bolts. Chuck also expressed some interest for MK in my second question so I'm 80% sure he's a lock for a ANMN! wave should it ever happen. Also, I don't know why but I got 3 months' questions answered in one go. I remember sending the MK and wave ideas ones near June and the T-Bolts one around July. Weird.

oh man, if we're getting a Banshee... i would be very happy. Banshee, Sunfire, Forge... probably my top three wanted mates. I would also love to see the the current Uncanny costumes for Magneto and Magic (not to mention a P5 Magic)... villains for sure Toad, Master Mind, green Quicksilver (i have the first Scarlet Witch... i think her look is good for the original BroHo so i'm not worried about another SW being made, although I do have all 3 of them...), Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Destiny... Hellfire Club... bulked up Pocy.

ugh can we just know please.

*If* it's Multiple Man... and *if* that means we're getting some 90's X-Factor, i really hope he's packed with 90's blue & yellow Polaris, and that she gets an extra Val Cooper head!

I know they're not identical - but Val did wear an X-Factor uniform for a few years in the 90's & it'd be a nice way to help justify at least one of the additional 2-packs i'd buy when army building Multiple Man.

cooperdrvalerie2.gif5DHG9pk.jpg

Zach said there was no "troop" builder. Then he commented about the troop builders in the carnage thread. My argument would be that Madrox is not technically a troop builder, since he is a single unique character.

then again, you could sort of say the same for the Stepford cuckoos. You wouldn't technically troop build them. You would just get multiples

In fact, you could argue that they are even LESS of a "builder"... with Madrox, you can buy an endless number and they'll be identical, but they are all Jaime, not just "some troops." With the Cuckoos, you're making anywhere from three to five individual characters. There is a set number and reach is it's own unique entity. So... I don't know what to think