UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Luke recently asked him to help out a bit with the store, specifically to increase visibility. So, once you get your sets and sticker kits, take some photos and we'll post them on the LTS Facebook page an Instagram feed (with your permission, of course).

Hey guys, Luke recently asked him to help out a bit with the store, specifically to increase visibility. So, once you get your sets and sticker kits, take some photos and we'll post them on the LTS Facebook page an Instagram feed (with your permission, of course).

Are there any specific hashtags we should be using if we post pictures on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook?

Are there any specific hashtags we should be using if we post pictures on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook?

A good question! I'll check with Luke and get back to you.

I've been to four comic shops and have yet to see these. I feel like they're not buying Minimates as much as they used to. :/

in my area this is definitely the case. both comic book shops in town don't carry minimates and we have a 2nd and Charles that only carries the Walking Dead ones. none of the other comic shops that I've called about 'mates in the surrounding areas carry them either. I have to do all my shopping online.

I don't get to pick mine up until this weekend but I'm loving seeing pics of the bad guys and Banshee. I'm positively thrilled to have the Brotherhood finally released and look forward to setting them up!

that Banshee accessory looks great, I'll definitely have to get a few extras.

A good question! I'll check with Luke and get back to you.

To answer your question... #minimates and #Lukestoystore please!

I gotta tell ya... for probably the most bland/generic set of X-Men uniforms ever, I'm astonishingly hyped about this wave. It's just doing so many things right!

We get virtually an entire team of X-Men completed in one swoop. Which is a rarity. (Some take a little while, or are never completed)
We get two completely new X-Men, which is rarer than it should be. (Damn you All New X-Men Wave!)
We get 3 Brand New Villains, and the 1 Re-Do Villain (Blob) still feels new since it's his first 616 Minimate, and furthermore, the ball is now rolling on the Brotherhood, so I'm sure Toad can't be too far off.

I'm even excited I'll be getting an extra Jubilee w/ my 2 sets, because I plan to use her hairpiece to upgrade my 90s Jubilee, who's long lamented her painted on glasses, lol...

I've been to four comic shops and have yet to see these. I feel like they're not buying Minimates as much as they used to. :/

in my area this is definitely the case. both comic book shops in town don't carry minimates and we have a 2nd and Charles that only carries the Walking Dead ones. none of the other comic shops that I've called about 'mates in the surrounding areas carry them either. I have to do all my shopping online.

I feel like they've dwindled in my area too. The two shops I still occasionally go to have just a random selection of old sets warming the pegs more or less. I used to buy them all at retail and kinda stopped because it got too ridiculous. They charged "comic book store" markup prices to begin with, so each set was like 10 bucks, and this was back in the days when retail for a set was like 6-7 bucks. Furthermore early on in the line, I could go into a shop on release day, buy all four of the new set for regular price, and be on my merry way, which made it the best bargain for getting the variant (as it should be imo, that's the fun of feet on the street toy hunting, getting a deal on a rarity. Earlybird catches the worm.) But once the local comic book stores got wind of the fact that one set was one per case, they started charging double for it straight out of the case... at which point, three normal sets at 10 a piece, plus a variant for 15-20, a full wave would cost $45-$50, and I said, "Okay, F This" because I could just order full sets online for 25-30. Made no damn sense to buy them at retail anymore.

That's the thing about brick and mortar local comic book shops... everyone says to support them, but they often exercise their option not to sell things at MSRP and gouge you coming and going, which makes you not want to. If something is an old collectible rarity, you can only find in THEIR store, I get it. I get the "pawn shop" aspect of it. But marking up NEW products is stupid imo. The 1 per case toy. The variant cover. Age old problem of big business vs. little business I guess? *Shrug*

There was also one time one of the shop owners kept the variant for himself (it was a Thor variant, he's a big Thor fan) which really burned my ass and made me not want to buy minimates there anymore. He has the right I guess, but when I'm the first person in the door, the first day of release, and he HAS the new set, I kind of expect it to be complete, ya'know? When the owner has already picked the case clean, what the hell is my motivation to be the earlybird? Order more than one case if you're gonna pull that crap.

SO anyway... I just started buying them at whichever website was the lowest bidder, which I admit for the first couple years was Cornerstorecomics.com, but they eventually started sucking, and the last 3-5 years (I can't even remember how long it's been) I'm happy to say it's been Luke, who I've ordered from pretty much exclusively, except for when he occasionally runs out of something before I get an order in.

Edited by Gillbob316

The cherry picking is poor business. If aTRU employee does it, for themselves or a friend (not eBay), that fair. It's like, the only perk of working there. But if it's your own business you're running and you are putting yourself before your customer base? You're doing it wrong.

I also agree that a markup on brand new sets or books is ridiculous.like you said, practice is like that are exactly why people don't support local businesses over the bigger online retailers

I believe he gets them in on the 13th. He then has to color match the sticker sets and print them all out before shipping to all of us (unless he already bought a set from somewhere else and has already color matched them). I'm sure he will have them all shipped within a few days of receiving them.

I'm probably way too late to come up with new ideas for stickers, but it just recently occurred to me that the legs from wave 60 are perfect for 90s X Factor Havok. All we would need is a chest decal with the X Factor X color matched to the legs. Add any leather jacket like the one available in the current wave of Walking Dead minis and a gambit headpiece, and you're good to go

If it is too late, maybe someone could make one of these in the future