UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

I always liked the original idea for Mystique & Destiny with them being lovers and Nightcrawlers parents (Mystique turning into a man for the conception)

Damn you comics code authority!!!

How would that work, though? Does Raven shapeshift ovaries into testicles? Would the sperm be viable? Or maybe she was born a man, and just shapeshifts into a woman the most?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked the original idea for Mystique & Destiny with them being lovers and Nightcrawlers parents (Mystique turning into a man for the conception)

How would that work, though? Does Raven shapeshift ovaries into testicles? Would the sperm be viable? Or maybe she was born a man, and just shapeshifts into a woman the most?

Maybe she's got some sort of Chromosomal anomaly, kinda like how people suffering from Klinefelter's disease have XXY instead of XY. These people are men but infertile. So maybe Raven had something like XXXYY or whatever, which makes her able to be both a man and a woman. Either way, comics everybody! Edited by Kostisfire

For those of you buying cases from comic book shops, the pack out is as follows:

• Wolverine / Blob x 4
  • Banshee / Pyro x 4
  • Storm / Avalanche x 3
  • Jubilee / Destiny x 1

I really wish this specific wave had been the 3-3-3-3 custom case everywhere. Oh well.confused.gif

Does anyone live in portland, or go to the Newbury Comics in the Maine Mall. I just want to know is they stocked it. I will be heading there on FCBD and wanted to pick up the one for the Minimate Central contest.

the way claremont envisioned, and wrote her, was that she could completely replicate another human with her own body mass. when she infiltrated the pentagon as Nick Fury, she had to wear a coat to cover how little of his body she was able to replicate. she could mimic his voice, and match his eyes for bio scans. I'm sure she could manage some testicles with operational DNA carriers.

In theory, and this is all based on something that is not possible, but if she is able to modify the molecules of her body mass to be anything else, I don't see why it's not technically plausible. There are animals that can change their gender when necessary, so I find it a lot more believable than some of the other mutant powers. In the realm of phony baloney science, at least it has some tiny modicum of fact to pull from.

That said, I always thought she operated under the caveat that she couldn't replicate powers - she can look like someone, but the actual genetics won't be there to back it up. I know generating sperm isn't a super power, BUT... if her power is limited to physical resemblance and not actual genetic mimicry, I wouldn't think a penis would be reproductively functional.

This is where shape-shifters bug me: how did she replicate Fury's retinal scan? She was able to actually study, memorize, and mimic his retinas EXACTLY?

LOL since we're nitpicking... how the heck does she mimic the voices? For example... in the opening scene from X-Men first class... she sees a picture of Charles's mom and mimics that but how in the world would she know what her voice sounds like? Hmmm mmm, let that sink in... hehe

For those of you buying cases from comic book shops, the pack out is as follows:

• Wolverine / Blob x 4
  • Banshee / Pyro x 4
  • Storm / Avalanche x 3
  • Jubilee / Destiny x 1
I really wish this specific wave had been the 3-3-3-3 custom case everywhere. Oh well.confused.gif

I have a custom case from Luke coming but this... this is upsetting. The whole point for me to buy a custom case is to get extras of everybody.

• Wolverine / Blob x 4
  • Banshee / Pyro x 4
  • Storm / Avalanche x 3
  • Jubilee / Destiny x 1

I have a custom case from Luke coming but this... this is upsetting. The whole point for me to buy a custom case is to get extras of everybody.

Maybe I'm being a bit slow here ? You are getting a custom case from Luke .....so you will be getting 3 of each of the 4 different packs . Am I missing something ? blink.png

LOL since we're nitpicking... how the heck does she mimic the voices? For example... in the opening scene from X-Men first class... she sees a picture of Charles's mom and mimics that but how in the world would she know what her voice sounds like? Hmmm mmm, let that sink in... hehe

the way i saw is that Mystique had been hanging around the mansion for a while before Charles discovered her, so she'd heard his mother speak before.

the way i saw is that Mystique had been hanging around the mansion for a while before Charles discovered her, so she'd heard his mother speak before.

Mystique can change all of her anatomy to match someone else's. When her vocal chords change, her voice changes. If she becomes a man, she is provided with the same organs all males have. That's that, the end.

Picked up the Banshee and Wolverine packs at the comic store yesterday, both great sets. Tons of accessories, and brings back a lot of great memories! Uncanny 277 was my 2nd issue of X-Men, so having Gambit and Wolverine in the costumes from the cover is neat (plus I think the cover to 275 was one of the many X-Men posters I had on my wall). But, probably just going to display them as Forge and Banshee, but nice to know that that other option is there.

Blob and Pyro are fun, glad to see some new brightly colored comic characters.

Will probably try and pick up Avalanche and Destiny down the line to complete the team, but skip the two X-women. I'm happy with the other versions of the characters I have and never care much for any customs I try.

• Wolverine / Blob x 4
  • Banshee / Pyro x 4
  • Storm / Avalanche x 3
  • Jubilee / Destiny x 1
Maybe I'm being a bit slow here ? You are getting a custom case from Luke .....so you will be getting 3 of each of the 4 different packs . Am I missing something ? blink.png

That's what I get for waking up and posting. Doh!

I'm planning on using one of my Destiny's for a custom and need her old, wrinkly head!

Edited by Mystery Man