UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

So, the villains have been guessed, and yet the heroes they're paired with are nearly unguessable?

The new thing, I believe, is multiple figures per body. We were talking about doing it with the Jim Lee X-Men. I think it's going to be 90s X-Factor, though. It's how you get a complete team with only 4 figures:

Havok (with parts for Multiple Man)/Toad

Polaris (with parts for Wolfsbane)/Pyro

Strong Guy (with parts for Multiple Man)/Blob

Random/Quicksilver (with parts for Avalanche)

Look at Multiple Man's costume. Add a bulked chest piece and arms and a new head, voila! Strong Guy! Same if you swap Havok's head and leather jacket for Jamie's brown duster. Change out Polaris's head, arms, and legs and clip on a tail... Ta-DA! Wolfsbane! And then all you need to do to Quicksilver is add chest armor, a new head, and new gloves and boots to make to make Avalanche!

It may be a pipe dream, but it's really no more parts than DST packs in for certain alternate looks. This would be a really clever way to get a whole team knocked out in one fell swoop, and it would certainly make things seem "unguessable" at face value

If I'm right, it's not something DST could pull off with every wave, but we could see it used in the future for other uniformed teams:

Jim Lee X-Men

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fantastic Four (getting us Bagman/She Hulk/etc)

Pollina X-Force

Acolytes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be, in my book, a less than desireable way to go. While i love the idea of an alternate look underneath, i'm not as keen to own duplicates of EVERY villain just to round out a team. Ending up with multiples of the single army builder is quite enough as it is :P

Still - i like that you're thinking X-Factor. Nobody's brought them up yet... and they'd go well with the brotherhood :)

I don't know if you're right, as Zach said it's virtually unguessable so we won't know until the announcement, but I think your suggestion would be very clever and I hope they would actually utilize that at some point. It virtually guarantees more sales of two packs just to complete the alternate looks.

Part of my consideration, Nessex, was that more people would want the Brotherhood than would want X-Factor. You could EASILY find someone to buy your villains, or sell you their heroes.

Ah - i hadn't thought of that actually. good point.

Unguessable? Interesting. "The other half has been guessed already" might seem to indicate Brotherhood or Wrecking Crew, the tidiest suggestions of 4x characters. Either of which would be completely rad.

Unguessable means probably no obvious choices of classics, like Black Knight, Classic Falcon, Sunfire/Banshee, etc.

Power Pack? But no, that's four new characters. What are four "unguessable" heroes, one we've already gotten? New thing about these specific figures... do they "link up" in some way? Interact? Have BAF pieces? It could be three of the Runaways, plus an "anchor" hero. That's nigh-unguessable.

Firestar is not an A-lister. I know she was in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, but even her Avengers run did nothing for her. That said, I don't know why Marvel has never made HER their poster girl, given her TV background. Maybe the setting yourself on fire thing? The same reason they dropped Torch from the FF cartoon? I thought that was in the past, but...

And I forget why I dropped any info on 60/19 in the first place, but I usually only post info in response to questions and speculation from others. Really, I do it to squelch flights of fancy more than anything, although I guess I like giving you guys hope in comic Minimates once again. Seeing people excited and not doom-and-gloom is certainly nice, but I don't do it to watch you tie yourself up in knots.

...Although it's kind of fun to see somebody guess something completely wrong. biggrin.png To be fair, half of Series 60 is probably unguessable. It's something that's been asked for, I'm sure, but we have not talked about it very much here. And the new thing, which is an aspect of those specific figures, not the packaging, is something that has been suggested, but perhaps not in this context. The other half has been guessed already.

You know I love ya Zach but you are wrong on Firestar. I mean come ON look at all of the speculation on Sony's rumored Female movie. Firestar is quickly listed as one of the top three. devil.gif

As for the speculation aspect - it is always fun to see you all get it wrong. I mean CLEARLY this is going to be the New Warriors/Inhumans to fill out the rest of the slots.

So, the villains have been guessed, and yet the heroes they're paired with are nearly unguessable?

The new thing, I believe, is multiple figures per body. We were talking about doing it with the Jim Lee X-Men. I think it's going to be 90s X-Factor, though. It's how you get a complete team with only 4 figures:

Havok (with parts for Multiple Man)/Toad

Polaris (with parts for Wolfsbane)/Pyro

Strong Guy (with parts for Multiple Man)/Blob

Random/Quicksilver (with parts for Avalanche)

Look at Multiple Man's costume. Add a bulked chest piece and arms and a new head, voila! Strong Guy! Same if you swap Havok's head and leather jacket for Jamie's brown duster. Change out Polaris's head, arms, and legs and clip on a tail... Ta-DA! Wolfsbane! And then all you need to do to Quicksilver is add chest armor, a new head, and new gloves and boots to make to make Avalanche!

It may be a pipe dream, but it's really no more parts than DST packs in for certain alternate looks. This would be a really clever way to get a whole team knocked out in one fell swoop, and it would certainly make things seem "unguessable" at face value

If I'm right, it's not something DST could pull off with every wave, but we could see it used in the future for other uniformed teams:

Jim Lee X-Men

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fantastic Four (getting us Bagman/She Hulk/etc)

Pollina X-Force

Acolytes

I like the idea but is that a new thing? Didnt we get something similar with Nick Fury Jr. and transforming Thing/transforming Hulk?

60 is themed, though. Three new semi-classic hero looks (plus one re-do), four new classic villains.

No army-builder. Eight characters.

Trying something different with this assortment, I think you guys'll like it. You'll probably want us to do it more often.

Not Age of Ultron or Under Siege.

We are doing Vs., but the new thing we're trying is not that. I think we've done several all heroes vs. all-villains waves before, although maybe not a themed one. 47 was FF themed, heroes vs. villains, I'm sure there were others.

Forgot that two of the heroes have never been made before, either! Should make people happy all around. Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

To be fair, half of Series 60 is probably unguessable. It's something that's been asked for, I'm sure, but we have not talked about it very much here. And the new thing, which is an aspect of those specific figures, not the packaging, is something that has been suggested, but perhaps not in this context. The other half has been guessed already.

We know Zach mentioned in one of the other threads that DST is going to start marketing the interchangeable parts feature in the packaging, is DST also finally implementing Build-A-Figures?

Here we go, from the Minimate Vehicles Lost Play Pattern thread:

You're going to see "Mix-and-Match" and "with bonus parts" on a lot more packaging. Need to work on the visuals.

I'm pretty impressed with how he can throw it mid-jump. Is that weird robot looking guy Avalanche? I don't remember that costume on him. And good luck with your strategy of shooting lasers at Pyro's fire creature, Wasp.

Firestar is not an A-lister. I know she was in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, but even her Avengers run did nothing for her. That said, I don't know why Marvel has never made HER their poster girl, given her TV background. Maybe the setting yourself on fire thing? The same reason they dropped Torch from the FF cartoon? I thought that was in the past, but...

And I forget why I dropped any info on 60/19 in the first place, but I usually only post info in response to questions and speculation from others. Really, I do it to squelch flights of fancy more than anything, although I guess I like giving you guys hope in comic Minimates once again. Seeing people excited and not doom-and-gloom is certainly nice, but I don't do it to watch you tie yourself up in knots.

...Although it's kind of fun to see somebody guess something completely wrong. biggrin.png To be fair, half of Series 60 is probably unguessable. It's something that's been asked for, I'm sure, but we have not talked about it very much here. And the new thing, which is an aspect of those specific figures, not the packaging, is something that has been suggested, but perhaps not in this context. The other half has been guessed already.

You know I love ya Zach but you are wrong on Firestar. I mean come ON look at all of the speculation on Sony's rumored Female movie. Firestar is quickly listed as one of the top three. devil.gif

As for the speculation aspect - it is always fun to see you all get it wrong. I mean CLEARLY this is going to be the New Warriors/Inhumans to fill out the rest of the slots.

Oh yes, because Firestar's solo title has been running for thirty years uninterrupted now. whistling.gif This is why I hate this "A list/B list" nonsense. Firestar appeared on a cartoon for a couple seasons thirty years ago. She was a member of a somewhat popular team book a decade later. She was briefly an Avenger. That's her resume. How is she possibly at the level of Spider-Man or the Hulk? Because she's being speculated about appearing in a movie? headslap.gif

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you. This is just one of my pet peeves.

Captain Marvel (Danvers) is the closest thing to a leading heroine that Marvel Studios has, the sooner they get her fast tracked into films, the better. She's just never been able to break out of that Avengers supporting character role.

Sorry Firestar, even Night Thrasher had a solo book for a while. wink.png